OT: - It's Paczki Time! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: It's Paczki Time!

Reaction Score
1707341721842.png

I'm not against jelly-filled pastry... but it did remind me of this...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not “just” donuts. Delicious! And Big Y is a good place to get them.
Can you PM me, it's about a certain person that you want to know about. For some reason I can't PM you or any of the others asking.

Reaction Score
I'm pleased to report that my local Publix has paczki!

I'm even more pleased to report that I scored 3 boxes of the raspberry-filled ones! (They had apple-filled ones as well.)

20240208_175920.jpg

Reaction Score
If you need to be convinced there is a God just eat an Apple or Cream Paczkis. And if you need any further proof try the Lemon or Blueberry.
Do yourself a favor and look up Party Cake Bakery in PGH. Best paczki anywhere. Ever.
Or try the Oakmont Bakery or Prantels.

Reaction Score
I'm pleased to report that my local Publix has paczki!

I'm even more pleased to report that I scored 3 boxes of the raspberry-filled ones! (They had apple-filled ones as well.)

View attachment 96204
After polishing (pun intended) off the box I referred to when I started this thread I found my Publix was still carrying them so in an abundance of caution I got two more boxes, one cream and one raspberry filled, the only choices I had.. They are no more. Out of curiosity I googled Paczki near me and found there is a Polish market I I pass frequently that carries them; I wish I had tried theirs but at this point I've reached and exceeded my jelly donut type food limit.

My googling did reveal that if there is something that is both sweet and injectable, somebody is using it in their paczkis. Most sound delicious and some are downright odd. Next year I'll get more adventurous.

Reaction Score
And One - Just got home from our local Grocery Store here in Burlington, ON, Canada where lo and behold they had a big display of Paczki's. We bought a Box of Boston Cream and enjoyed our first ever Paczki with our tea. Cheers, Jandab

Reaction Score
And One - Just got home from our local Grocery Store here in Burlington, ON, Canada where lo and behold they had a big display of Paczki's. We bought a Box of Boston Cream and enjoyed our first ever Paczki with our tea. Cheers, Jandab
Sounds ever so lovely. As a gesture to our northern New England and Canadian friends a dash of maple syrup in the cream would be a nice touch. Or just dip your Paczki in the syrup. Perhaps quilding the lily but still...

Reaction Score
I can't find lemon, but I've had the Boston Cream and they are good. Here's my problem putting "Boston Cream" in a Polish pastry seems just a little incongruent. Maybe this is some kind of fusion? In any event you are not going to find paczkis in a retail outlet after Fat Tuesday. So, if you never ate a box or 2, you are running out of time. FYI, I'm told paczkis are health food.

Reaction Score
Triad Duke fan, I was gonna send you a glamour shot if my apricot paczki from Party Cake, but I ate it too fast.
c6daf628-33ba-4731-a2ba-a8f554d38c12-jpeg.96268

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom