It is going to be a long offseason | The Boneyard

It is going to be a long offseason

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Hopefully the kids can work on their games in the off season and the coaches can put together a team that's able to play together for a whole season.

Reaction Score
Actually... with this Summer's UCONN's European trip, the off season will be a little shorter than normal because they will be playing Exhibition Games in Europe much earlier than the normal exhibition games. We will hopefully get to see (or read about) Nika at Home in Croatia, and the Team's experiences in Italy and Latvia (??)... During these games UCONN will get a chance to "test" all the players on the roster playing against other teams.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that when UConn takes the floor in November, Paige will have only played 17 games in 31 months. Temper your expectations.
Damn that's insane. If you had told me a few years ago that after 3/4 of Paige's and 1/2 of Azzi's college careers that they'd have like a combined 1300 points, no national championships, and most of our streaks snapped I would have said you were crazy.

Reaction Score
Damn that's insane. If you had told me a few years ago that after 3/4 of Paige's and 1/2 of Azzi's college careers that they'd have like a combined 1300 points, no national championships, and most of our streaks snapped I would have said you were crazy.
I’m getting more concerned about Azzi’s history of injuries having a long-term impact on her play

Reaction Score
They really haven't played together where both were healthy at the same time yet. For the first 6 games of last year Paige was healthy but Azzi was still having problems with her foot. Azzi was never really healthy last year and when Paige came back she was clearly not 100% yet.

Similarly Azzi was healthy for the first half dozen games or so this season but has not been close to 100% since. So really the combined healthy games for the two players over two seasons is not much more than a dozen games out of what about 146, 73 games over two years times two players. Aubrey has been healthy for less than half the games over the last two years because she missed a whole season, and I wouldn't be surprised if Caroline has only been really healthy for about half of the last two season's games as well, and Dorka missed i think 8 games over the two years.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Actually... with this Summer's UCONN's European trip, the off season will be a little shorter than normal because they will be playing Exhibition Games in Europe much earlier than the normal exhibition games. We will hopefully get to see (or read about) Nika at Home in Croatia, and the Team's experiences in Italy and Latvia (??)... During these games UCONN will get a chance to "test" all the players on the roster playing against other teams.

GO HUSKIES!!!
I will also have the Prognosticator's Prediction's Exhibition posted for the European trip. That is if they keep score and have them on YouTube for viewing

Reaction Score
Look at what happened to two number one rated teams early on. WCBB dynamics have changed. Stanford stuggled against lesser teams all season. Top teams can no longer expect to win without bringing there A games far earlier during the play offs. Just too many talented players and teams right now. A lot more will depend on match ups and luck than ever before. The best teams will not always win. Just look at the mens playoffs. There are far more so called upsets far earlier.

However, I am not implying that UConns last loss was an upset Ohio was the better team. Right now the team that seems most likely to emerge the winner is South Carolina but even that is not a given. They could be knocked off before the get to the finals under the right conditions.

Reaction Score
If edwards had her typical game we would have won but it just wasn’t in the cards today.
AE was in foul trouble. If Azzi, Caroline, Nika or really anyone had their A game they would have won. This was a collective loss.

Reaction Score
We didn’t lose today because the lack of a bench. We had 7 outstanding players available but 6 of them played poorly! It happens, as we saw!
I didn't think any of them played good when it made a difference. Their shooters missed so many open shots.

Reaction Score
I’m getting more concerned about Azzi’s history of injuries having a long-term impact on her play
I think Azzi will be fine once she is playing inside the offense. Too many forced shots and too much put on her shoulders right now.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't throw out excuses for the UConn loss. Ohio State played better than the Huskies. Geno and the fans have to live with that.
It didn't hurt that every time OSU flopped the called a foul on Edwards. OSU played very good but most of UCONN's issues were on UCONN not OSU. They missed 12 open shots in the first half. Shots they usually make and they missed every one of them. But I would agree OSU played more like a confident team.

Reaction Score
It won't be too long of an off-season. Summer workouts will be here soon then like someone said, they have the overseas stuff. The come back to the states and then back in school. Before long, the season will be in full swing again. I just hope everyone can use this time off to recover mentally and physically. Get in a gym and work on their skill development. Have fun and enjoy life outside of basketball for a little while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom