It is going to be a long offseason | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It is going to be a long offseason

Reaction Score
Paige is not the magic one to cure all "supposed" problems. And like it or not, her health and durability are a question mark.
yes ... I've been wondering about both Paige and Azzi (and there must be others on other teams). Are kids playing and training too hard before their skeletons fully mature - which I think doesn't happen until their early 20s?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
We didn’t lose today because the lack of a bench. We had 7 outstanding players available but 6 of them played poorly! It happens, as we saw!
At least three were playing injured. Lou is beat up, Audrey with a bad back, Caroline stills has headaches.

Reaction Score
It won't be too long of an off-season. Summer workouts will be here soon then like someone said, they have the overseas stuff. The come back to the states and then back in school. Before long, the season will be in full swing again. I just hope everyone can use this time off to recover mentally and physically. Get in a gym and work on their skill development. Have fun and enjoy life outside of basketball for a little while.
Man, I guess it takes a lot of dedication to compete at the highest level. As much as I enjoy following along as a wbball junkie, I actually don't love the summer session. Well I just don't like the idea of some of these players not getting a long rest. I hope Azzi, Caroline, Aubrey, Ice could just chill and let their bodies heal (atleast 4 months) without the semi pressure of missing team practice. Trust me as a crazy fan there are things I'd love each of them to improve on but the most important thing is for them to get their bodies right. Heading into the season this year, Azzi still was dealing with her foot and Caroline with her hip.

Reaction Score
Man, I guess it takes a lot of dedication to compete at the highest level. As much as I enjoy following along as a wbball junkie, I actually don't love the summer session. Well I just don't like the idea of some of these players not getting a long rest. I hope Azzi, Caroline, Aubrey, Ice could just chill and let their bodies heal (atleast 4 months) without the semi pressure of missing team practice. Trust me as a crazy fan there are things I'd love each of them to improve on but the most important thing is for them to get their bodies right. Heading into the season this year, Azzi still was dealing with her foot and Caroline with her hip.
Azzi’s foot wa fine heading into this season was was Caroline’s hip. Caroline had a delegate neck issue but Azzi said she was fully healthy.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The last several years I was able to immediately pivot to a very hopeful CT Sun season. This year, not so much. From a real contender to a squad made up of 2 very good players (A. Thomas and B. Jones) and a collection of role players, cast offs and overpaid vets at the end of their careers all coached by someone with a very questionable coaching resume.
Can magic happen? Sure, but it will take some serious magic.
:(

Reaction Score
We have a lot to look forward to. Great class coming in and and our wounded warrior's healed up
with a big chip on their shoulders. I like what the future looks like. I'm looking for big things from
Ice and Jana. You have to love these girls, they are great. How long would our winters be without
them. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Right now in women’s college bb what’s working is a really tall athletic team that can rebound and play defense guards that can penetrate .. south Caroline can shoot 25% and still will 95% of their games just from 2nd and 3rd chance bunnies ..

Reaction Score
AE was in foul trouble. If Azzi, Caroline, Nika or really anyone had their A game they would have won. This was a collective loss.
It was UConn’s defense, or lack of it, that caused them to lose. They never could stop OSU from driving past defenders and taking it aggressively to the basket. Also, the turnovers and timid handling of OSU’s press- that should have led to a layup line at the other end.

Reaction Score
Agree! Feels like she’s snake bit
I think Paige will be fine, 95% of players seem to come back to full strength after ACL tears. However, we shouldn’t set our expectations too high at the beginning of the season. I think it may take her until mid-season or so to get back to her pre-ACL form. Azzi’s knee injury from this year worries me a lot more to be honest cause it still doesn’t seem like she’s fully healed

Reaction Score
Will swallow this bitter pill. But will be rejoicing this time next year. GO HUSKIES.

Reaction Score
We should be concerned, because both Azzi and Paige have a history of serious leg injuries dating back to high school.
One can’t count on their availability.
One can only hope.

Reaction Score
Right now in women’s college bb what’s working is a really tall athletic team that can rebound and play defense guards that can penetrate .. south Caroline can shoot 25% and still will 95% of their games just from 2nd and 3rd chance bunnies ..
…and athletes that are aggressive and can get their own shots (if not the best shooters - then they rebound.)

Reaction Score
The last several years I was able to immediately pivot to a very hopeful CT Sun season. This year, not so much. From a real contender to a squad made up of 2 very good players (A. Thomas and B. Jones) and a collection of role players, cast offs and overpaid vets at the end of their careers all coached by someone with a very questionable coaching resume.
Can magic happen? Sure, but it will take some serious magic.
:(
I wouldn't say the "overpaid vets" part to Bonner's face. And anyway, like many Boneyarders, I suspect, I root for whatever WNBA team has the most UCONN alumnae. And against Arike. And all Mabreys.

Reaction Score
my body is in shock.
key players did not show up it looked like UCONN in early February
My exact thoughts... The February Uconn team showed up against Ohio State. Aalyah's body language, even before tip off, showed it. I hope she understands how valuable she is to her team. To be honest, and no fault to her, but Azzi played suuuuppeeer tentative. I think she has her knew injury still in her head, and I don't blame her. But Aalyah was the biggest X factor in that Ohio game. I hope Uconn has Ohio on their OOC schedule next year.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that when UConn takes the floor in November, Paige will have only played 17 games in 31 months. Temper your expectations.
Huskie bench next year is so deep at guard, Paige will be able to take it slow and lead the team without having to play 35+ minutes a game or score 20+ each night. I don't care how she looks in November - March is UConn's month.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The deadline for the draft was yesterday, March 27, with the exception of players still playing, so thinking that anyone from the final four teams do not have to declare until 48 hours after their last game, either 4/2 or 4/4. The players in the elite 8 that lost on Sunday (Miami & L'ville) still had the 3/27 deadline, however MD & OSU players have until tomorrow. If I have the last part correct, it kinda stinks that the Sunday players only had 24 hrs but yesterdays have 48 is somewhat unfair.

The WNBA usually takes a bit to release the list of who has declared, as if they didn't they'd be doing a bunch of pressers. I wouldn't be surprised to see player announcements between now and the natty.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The WNBA draft is April 10, so if she wants to go pro, she doesn't have long to declare.
She has to play next season in order to get drafted #1. Won't happen this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom