2020 Recruiting: - Ishmael El-Amin to transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Ishmael El-Amin to transfer

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If we landed everyone you guys want we would have more on scholarship than the football team

They'd probably be better at football than the football team too

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Khalid mentioned his son is looking into some big east schools on a recent podcast and said it’s obvious which big east school he would want him to go to. We just have to wait and see. Seems like it’s not impossible.
Not to take anything away from Ish, but it would be kind of cool to see Khalid in the stands.

Reaction Score
URI has so much talent that has come in via transfer, lot of former 4-stars - think coaching has to be an issue.

Jeremy Sheppard without Fatts (and I love Fatts) is going to have a really big year. Sheppard is a high % shooter, great passer, just really efficient player. The ball will be in his hands.

Still wish we'd take Fatts but if Diggins is ready to play MAJOR minutes i understand not taking him. That's the only reason tho!

Reaction Score
URI has so much talent that has come in via transfer, lot of former 4-stars - think coaching has to be an issue.
It's not like Antwan Walker, Jalen Carey or the Mitchell twins did anything at their previous schools.

Back on thread, excited for El-Amin to join URI. Shepherd is returning, so El-Amin has an opportunity to start there at the 2.

Reaction Score

Jeremy Sheppard without Fatts (and I love Fatts) is going to have a really big year. Sheppard is a high % shooter, great passer, just really efficient player. The ball will be in his hands.

Still wish we'd take Fatts but if Diggins is ready to play MAJOR minutes i understand not taking him. That's the only reason tho!
All of their talent is overrated and Cox is a meh coach. They'll be under .500 again

Reaction Score
I mean talent For the a-10.

a lot of busts yes, but a good coach could mold all those former 4-stars into something is my thought.

Reaction Score
Khalid was never a great athlete but was probably the best natural leader we ever had with incredible instincts.
He had the ability to make everyone around him better.
Probably the most glaring example of his talent was the NCAA tourney game where he sprained his ankle. When he sat the team fell apart however when he was put back in even limping around the team rallied. It was like two different teams. I’m not even sure he scored but suddenly ineffective players became effective.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom