Is the Big East viable without UofL, WVU, Pitt and SU all gone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is the Big East viable without UofL, WVU, Pitt and SU all gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The service academies are on hold as is everything else while Missouri and WVU finish their dance.

There's some speculation out there on Boise and Airforce by MWC types who thing the Big East is a shark and preying on weaker conferences like C-USA and the MWC to keep their BCS bid. No MWC team is safe from the predatory Big East!

Boise, Nova, Air Force and Navy. Seriously. You can't make this stuff up. Or you don't have to. Somebody else already has.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The service academies are on hold as is everything else while Missouri and WVU finish their dance.

There's some speculation out there on Boise and Airforce by MWC types who thing the Big East is a shark and preying on weaker conferences like C-USA and the MWC to keep their BCS bid. No MWC team is safe from the predatory Big East!

Boise, Nova, Air Force and Navy. Seriously. You can't make this stuff up. Or you don't have to. Somebody else already has.

Just for my own edification, are you in the "beg harder" camp?

Reaction Score
Could the Big East football schools unite with the MWC schools for football only? This would definitely keep the Big East bcs bid alive and turn the MWC schools into BCS schools. A win, win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
the BE may be the 6th best BCS conference, but there's a wide margin between us and the MWC. keep in mind MWC's best 3 teams just left. also what makes us a BCS conference isn't our top team or two, but our overall depth. the MWCs bottom half is horrible. our bottom half is still decent.
as to gars, why would Louisville want to be stuck perpetually behind OU and TX? Nebraska, Colorado and aTm didn't like it, why would Louisville? in the BE Louisville almost made a NC game. that's never happening in the B12. and of course there's always bball which Louisville fans care a lot about.

Stuck behind OU and TX? Yet they wanted to join the SEC, where there are 6+ schools at that level? WVU is a street hooker. They will jump in the car with whatever john is willing to pull up to the curb for them.

Reaction Score
i said UofL wouldn't want to be in teh B12 b/c theyre stuck behind TX and OU. also, the difference is as a SEC team you're an equal partner, in the B12 TX and OU are given a larger portion of revenue, and they make all the decisions. i agree about WVU being a hooker, and i dont' blame them, but at the end of the day nobody seems to want WVU b/c of their small market. it sucks that college sports are becoming more like pros when conferences care about stuff like that, but that's reality nowadays.

i think i'm going to stop visiting this conference board for a little while. i find i'm just stoking my own aggravation. hopefully something concrete will be settled at the meeting next weekend one way or another. at this point i'd almost welcome an announcement that we're joining the A10 because at least it'd be settled for crying out loud.

Reaction Score
It is not viable if 2 of West Virginia, Louisville, UCONN, Rutgers leave. Maybe it can be salvaged if 3 of those 4 remain. In an odd way, the losses of Pitt and Syracuse combined with th eloss of UL, West Virginia and /or UCONN also has a huge negative impact on the basketball league, which nobody has discussed very much. In fact, Pitt and Syracuse have been huge contributors to the hoop league's status over the past 5 years and its unlikely that replacing them with a couple of mid-majors will fix that. Of all the potential replacements, the one who will be most opposed, Temple, would be the strongest replacement.
Yes the BE is viable without the football schools. Obviously, there will be no BCS bid.The remaining BE conference will still be a good basketball conference with Nova, marquette, Gtown, SJU.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Just for my own edification, are you in the "beg harder" camp?

Nope. I'm easy. As long as we don't add some truly awful teams I'm OK. I can justify Boise, Air Force and Navy on paper.

There's a guy on the TCU board that ran the BCS numbers for a Big East with WVU staying and adding TCU (2), Boise(8), Air Force (27) and Navy (38). It's impressive compared to the ACC since we are talking about replacing Syracuse and Pitt with crappy colley matrix numbers and the bottom of the ACC are even more woeful than the bottom 4 in the Big East. Duke and Wake and Virginia make Rutgers, Louisville, and Cincy look good!

ot

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Waylon and myself have a better chance of double dating rich 21 yr old twin blonde nymphomaniacs than the BE surviving without UL and WVU.
If rich 21 year old twin blonde nymphomaniacs are avalailable why wouldn't you date both? I don't see where you would need Waylon in this scenario.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Now TCU in the mix for Big 12 according to Chip Brown.

That would leave only Rutgers, UConn, Cincy, USF.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chipbrownob
Isn't Chip Brown Bevo's mouthpiece?

This was leaked to scare Louisville (and possibly WVU) into committing to the B-12 before they settle the TV rights agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom