Iowa St @ Texas Tech - 1/03/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa St @ Texas Tech - 1/03/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
WOW. What a disastrous 3rd quarter for Tech. From down 2 at halftime to down 29 after 3Q. Yikes.

I give the fans credit, they turned out and were really rocking in the 2nd quarter rally, but the 3rd quarter demolition completely silenced them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How many WCBB teams have lost with a 29 pt lead going to the fourth?

I have no idea. It's gotta be a VERY short and very dubious list.

Many years ago, soon after Pitino took over at Kentucky, I remember them erasing a huge deficit late in the game, I think it was against LSU. Just started raining 3's.

edit--I think the deficit was in the 30 range; but yeah for the most part it's almost impossible to come back from that far down

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ISU is 15-25 behind the arc. Take away the 2nd quarter (0-6) and they've barely missed.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
The only question left is will the Cyclones score triple digits.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The only question left is will the Cyclones score triple digits.

Probably gonna come up just a bit short. 93 points w/ 1 minute left and going deep into the bench.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That’s a nice weapon to have. You can beat any team on any given night, even an undefeated team like Tech. ;)

I think I heard the announcer say they were shooting 31% from 3 coming into the game. They've been playing possum all year. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Check this out
DCBA1A63-6D14-4434-8FD3-A5EE88A50EB9.png

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think I heard the announcer say they were shooting 31% from 3 coming into the game. They've been playing possum all year. :rolleyes:
I watched a couple of their games and they looked nothing like this in terms of shooting the 3. Against Northern Iowa they were 7 of 23.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
48 points from behind the arc. A coach couldn't ask for anything better.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I a sorry but after listening to their pure PR pregame hype where she touted how good this team was to unknowing fans and listeners, she is still spewing “koolaid” type drivel here like she really thinks this is a good team due to their SO overstated 11-0 record against #342 ranked schedule. As noted, this is not a good ISU team so Stollings is still delusional that her team will compete against TCU next game. A side note that the “leading shot blocker” in the NCAA, had ZERO blocks tonight while Liv had 7 yesterday. I wish someone, anyone that covers this team actually calls her out on her EXTREMELY SOFT schedule and ask why she really believes this team is good as there is no evidence they are or will be. Sorry Marcia but you’re a fraud.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I wonder if her new favorite 4 words in the dictionary are "O. VER. RA. TED"

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've said it before, but I don't really see the value in playing tons of marshmallows early in the season. It does nothing for your evaluations, it does not help players solve problems on the court, it does nothing for late game scenarios, it doesn't establish who are your big moment players on the team. Players don't get to learn from their sloppiness, their inattention, their lack of urgency, and players don't get to see how to work their sets against a determined, talented team. All it does is make teams overconfident and reinforce bad habits. You need to demonstrate to the players, "see, that's what I was talking about". Otherwise players often don't understand why you're harping on certain issues. It becomes, "What's coach upset about, we're winning by 30"?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I've said it before, but I don't really see the value in playing tons of marshmallows early in the season. It does nothing for your evaluations, it does not help players solve problems on the court, it does nothing for late game scenarios, it doesn't establish who is are the big moment players on the team. Players don't get to learn from their sloppiness, their inattention, their lack of urgency, and players don't get to see how to work their sets against a determined, talented team. All it does is make teams overconfident and reinforce bad habits. You need to demonstrate to the players, "see, that's what I was talking about". Otherwise players often don't understand why you're harping on certain issues. It becomes, "What's coach upset about, we're winning by 30"?
But winning is fun! :) :cool: :p

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I've said it before, but I don't really see the value in playing tons of marshmallows early in the season. It does nothing for your evaluations, it does not help players solve problems on the court, it does nothing for late game scenarios, it doesn't establish who are your big moment players on the team. Players don't get to learn from their sloppiness, their inattention, their lack of urgency, and players don't get to see how to work their sets against a determined, talented team. All it does is make teams overconfident and reinforce bad habits. You need to demonstrate to the players, "see, that's what I was talking about". Otherwise players often don't understand why you're harping on certain issues. It becomes, "What's coach upset about, we're winning by 30"?
It can also deflate a team's confidence. It's happened to Tennessee the last two seasons. When a team discovers they are not as good as they thought they were it can be very disappointing to them.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It can also deflate a team's confidence. It's happened to Tennessee the last two seasons. When a team discovers they are not as good as they thought they were it can be very disappointing to them.
Disappointing and soul-crushing to their fan base as well. It's so unfortunate that the Tennessee fans have had to experience crushing disappointment.
girl mischievous grin.gif

Reaction Score
How many WCBB teams have lost with a 29 pt lead going to the fourth?

A chance to see another "undefeated" team get blown out in the second half. Lexi Gordon appeared gassed at the end, and may be nursing an ankle sprain. Iowa State had all the answers and may never again duplicate their amazing shot percentages. Whatever, they'll always have that victory at TT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom