Iona | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Iona

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is why I said DON'T play a strong OOC. It's irrelevant to the committee. All that counts is conference season. If you beat the #1 team in the nation, who cares?????!! Same as beating Cincy!
Our OOC SOS was 143. Xavier’s was 46. They played a more difficult schedule, swept us, and were a half-game back (25-9 vs. 25-8) due to playing and losing in the BET final. They had a better year.

Reaction Score
Another wrinkle: Andre Jackson is going home to Albany. He will either have a SPECIAL weekend or a DISASTROUS one. No in between
I hope he doesn't get too pumped and try to do too much offensively. And by "offensively" I mean jacking threes. I'm all for him driving and dunking, but please leave the threes for Karaban and Hawkins and maybe Alleyne. Even if he makes a three, still not a good shot from him. I don't want Sanogo shooting threes either.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

I think we've done a fairly good job handling pressure this year. We've had a few moments where things have fallen apart, but those have also come under mental lapses up big. Iowa State played that style and we beat their press for scoring opportunities not just up the floor.

Andre Jackson is one of the best open court players in the country.

Reaction Score
The field of 68 guys have us losing to Iona/VCU. Bulletin Board material if needed

Reaction Score
They played Gonzaga, Duke, Florida, WVU, Cincy, and Indiana. 5/11 opponents were P6 + Cincy (high-major) + 5 cupcakes. 5/11 of our opponents were P6 with six cupackes (including the worst team in D1-LIU).

They played 4 tournament teams, we played two. They played 3 top-16 teams; we played one.

They only reason they had an additional loss is because they advanced unlike us to the BET title game.

I have now proven they played a more difficult schedule, and they swept us. They had a better season.
SO go to their board a cheer

Reaction Score
Maybe with Pitino as head coach, UConn coach and players will take the game more seriously. Perhaps a blessing in disguise. Definitely the strongest of the 13 seed in my opinion.

Reaction Score
If we can survive the 1st 2, I give Arkansas a 35 to 40% chance to beat Kansas. UConn matches better against St Mary’s than Arkansas in my opinion. Arkansas lots of quick guards.

Reaction Score
Purdue got screwed most of all having to play a red hot Memphis team in second round.To get a 1 seed, win Conf and half to play a ridiculously hot team like Memphis is BS. I was worried UConn might get matched against them with Memphis as a 5. Duke as a 5 also ridiculous. Awful Jon by NCAA this year.

caw

Reaction Score
He finished 5th in the conference in assists. He brings the ball up most of the time. He’s frequently guarding the other teams point guard. He’s our best dribble penetrator. I feel like I’m going insane.

He runs the PNR well also, he has two major flaws between being elite and not as a PG. He doesn't finish well at the rim (arguable whether he should get more FTs than he does, let's just say other PGs get a way better whistle than he does in conference. Example 1 being his missed dunk against PC). He is up and down too often, some games he scores 15-20, some 0-5.

They played Gonzaga, Duke, Florida, WVU, Cincy, and Indiana. 5/11 opponents were P6 + Cincy (high-major) + 5 cupcakes. 5/11 of our opponents were P6 with six cupackes (including the worst team in D1-LIU).

They played 4 tournament teams, we played two. They played 3 top-16 teams; we played one.

They only reason they had an additional loss is because they advanced unlike us to the BET title game.

I have now proven they played a more difficult schedule, and they swept us. They had a better season.

Rethink this one, because this is not how this works. They can get one more win because they advance, but not one more loss. There is no loser's bracket in the BET.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom