In-State Recruiting is a MUST for Success | Page 4 | The Boneyard

In-State Recruiting is a MUST for Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, we can. Comparing 50 geographic entities spread over a continent to 169 spread over a tiny fraction of that? As if the problems in cities aren't state problems? False equivalence.
Actually, the entire problem with CT is this dynamic. some people act as if the state doesn’t exist. As if new Canaan doesn’t have a material interest in the success of Bridgeport and New Haven.

so, from my own area, since Farmington is great I should ignore bristol, Hartford and new Britain Issues?

should west Hartford do policies that hurt east Hartford and Hartford? It is insane.

insane when you think about the lack of regional cooperation. That is one of the biggest issues with the states development.

Reaction Score
Why is it that we need to recruit D'D'Oh? How many players have come through the program since the FBS move have come from D'D'Oh? I'd say DC, MD and VA are more important than OH.
Some of the best Olinemen come out of the Midwest specifically OH.

Reaction Score
Very good games? He showed some flashes cause he does have a strong arm but his throwing mechanics and feet are so bad he would never do well without a great oline. The head coach should see that.
You can get away with bad mechanics if you know how and have a good offensive line. Billy Kilmer did, threw that wobbly crap for years. :eek:

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of New Canaan. But they contribute way, way more than their share of revenue to state coffers through income tax payments and take out way, way less than their share of payments from Hartford because they are a wealthier town.

Do they cash checks when sent? Of course. But we can’t consistently talk about how much more CT contributes to the federal government, while red states take, and then not think the same dynamics are at work within our (and most other) states.
Same for Fairfield Prep, Darien and Greenwich.

Reaction Score
Actually, the entire problem with CT is this dynamic. some people act as if the state doesn’t exist. As if new Canaan doesn’t have a material interest in the success of Bridgeport and New Haven.

so, from my own area, since Farmington is great I should ignore bristol, Hartford and new Britain Issues?

should west Hartford do policies that hurt east Hartford and Hartford? It is insane.

insane when you think about the lack of regional cooperation. That is one of the biggest issues with the states development.

Fully agree. Just like we in CT have an interest in how folks in Alabama are treated.

I’m not arguing that those with have an interest and a duty to help those without. I am saying that there are parallels between the municipality/state relationship and the state/national relationship.

Reaction Score
Fairfield Prep isn’t a public school. What the heck does your point even mean?
Uh……I don’t know what you mean either counselor, I never made any distinction between public and private schools. St Joe’s, Xavier, Fairfield Prep, Trinity Catholic, Notre Dame of Fairfield, are all private schools in conferences that are mixtures of public and private. All are recognized by the CIAC, and pay taxes of some sort, either directly or indirectly.

Reaction Score
Fully agree. Just like we in CT have an interest in how folks in Alabama are treated.

I’m not arguing that those with have an interest and a duty to help those without. I am saying that there are parallels between the municipality/state relationship and the state/national relationship.
We absolutely have an interest in how Alabama folks are treated. If we didn’t, there would still be Jim Crow.

We are either one nation, or not. One state or not. We can’t hide, like nutmeggers like to do, in our Kerry fiefdoms town and as long as our mill rates are fine assume nothing else is our problem. Hasn’t served this state well. Way too much in cooperation between towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom