Impressions of UConn: The March To Madness | The Boneyard

Impressions of UConn: The March To Madness

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm here in NYC and I'm assuming our TZ will get first viewing, although this may not be true. However no matter when you see it, what are your impressions of this first episode?

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
May someone please post the episodes here. I do not have HBO, and I would love to see it.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I can't find it on my HBO Now...anyone else?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno just said Stewie's I wanna included four MVPs as well as 4 Nat'l Chmpionships!

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is clearly sick during the taping of the first episode..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kia had a photo shoot with Glamour??? Yes. Was it published yet?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's a good un alright. Took us right through the last regular season game. next Episode - AAC tourney. First rate. Course we are spoiled - seen a lot of this with SNY's great programs. Other teams' fans seeing this kind of coverage would blow their minds. We are the luckiest fans in the sports world.

Reaction Score
Probably because we see so much video of the team and listen to so much Auriemma, I think it will be hard for the ESPN video to really blow away hard-core fans, including BYers. So my reaction to Part One: It was very well-filmed and beautifully edited. But it was not all that. I did not think it hung together very well. The segments in the practice gym and locker room showed that Geno sure knows how to make a speech, but I did not feel that by the end I had seen any light -- at least not any new light -- shed on how Geno and crew do what they do.

An aside: I think the name Chong got mentioned once during the hour which, given her role in producing the team's record to date, is a disservice.

Reaction Score
Man. Barely a mention of Pheesa the entire first episode. How's that happen?
Apparently they decided early in the season that the leader would be Lou, backed up by Gabby. It's about time they shifted gears and realized that they're all stars. But overall a great show, at least for Uconn fans and little girls, except for the 1st minute or so and the leaving out Pheesa. Which I trust they will correct.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Just watched it. Wonderful.

Progress from Baylor to ND to MD to SC. . . .

Also progress by Geno, from clean shaven to scraggly beard and back to clean shaven, BUT. . . now with a distinct part in his hair!

Pheesa under the radar.

Stay tuned.:)

Reaction Score
I agree with those who have said that it is well done, but if you're not a UCONN fan you would be hard pressed to know that Pheesa is a part of the team.

They included a minute or two about Monday night's game and showed KLS taking a three and didn't mention Collier's 39. Oh well in the spirit of team it doesn't really matter, but Pheesa should be more than a footnote IMO.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Napheesa was being Napheesa, which means quiet, at least initially. If the producers picked up on that, they probably turned to Kia and Gabby, both of whom have bigger personalities.

Reaction Score
Just watched it. Wonderful.

Progress from Baylor to ND to MD to SC. . . .

Also progress by Geno, from clean shaven to scraggly beard and back to clean shaven, BUT. . . now with a distinct part in his hair!

Pheesa under the radar.

Stay tuned.:)
I suspect someone is fine tuning that radar even as we speak. It would be embarrassing to have an AA never mentioned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom