Illinois Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Illinois Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
1711848173803.gif

Reaction Score
After last year’s elite 8 against Gonzaga, I posted this: “Wow. I don't know what I just watched. That was one of the most impressive second halves I've ever seen. I truly don't know what to say. Who did I just watch?? Dan Hurley and the UConn Huskies just ran Mark Few and Gonzaga OUT OF THE GYM”

Tonight I’ll say: Wow. I don't know what I just watched. That was one of the most impressive second halves I've ever seen. I truly don't know what to say. Who did I just watch?? Dan Hurley and the UConn Huskies just ran Brad Underwood and Illinois OUT OF THE GYM

Amazing defensive performance from NBA talents Donovan Clingan and Stephon Castle, as well as future starter Hassan Diarra. Clingan completely owned the game, and UConn suffocated one of the hottest offenses in the country while they went on a 30-0 (THIRTY TO ZERO.) run

Let’s go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Here's another one:

I was on the phone with my son after the game. He asked if we're playing our best, if everything's working and I said "no, we still aren't shooting close to what we should from three. If we were, we'd have won each of these games by 15-20 more than we did."
I think if we hit out 3s we will just see Hurley put his son in earlier, so maybe our top margin is more like 35. Bush league press by Illini at the end

Reaction Score
"If he gets a hundred blocks, he gets a hundred blocks."

Underwood is the epitome of an idiot.
When Jimmy Patsos was coaching Loyola of Maryland, they played Davidson with Steph Curry. He decided he would double team Curry and play 3 against 4 against the rest of the team. Curry just stood at mid court with two guys on him while Davidson carved up Loyola 4 on 3 and scored like 90 points in a 30 point win. Curry never scored and Patsos never changed his D.

Brad Underwood went for the Jimmy Patsos award tonight. Yes, just keep driving into the lane and have no chance of scoring waiting for Donovan to get in foul trouble. Well played Brad.

Reaction Score
That was the most ridiculously utterly dominating total beyatch-slapping clinical dose of woopass I have ever witnessed in an elite 8 game in all my years of watching college basketball.
How about Gonzaga last year?

Reaction Score
When Jimmy Patsos was coaching Loyola of Maryland, they played Davidson with Steph Curry. He decided he would double team Curry and play 3 against 4 against the rest of the team. Curry just stood at mid court with two guys on him while Davidson carved up Loyola 4 on 3 and scored like 90 points in a 30 point win. Curry never scored and Patsos never changed his D.

Brad Underwood went for the Jimmy Patsos award tonight. Yes, just keep driving into the lane and have no chance of scoring waiting for Donovan to get in foul trouble. Well played Brad.
I can't believe they stook with it so long. It was coaching malpractice. His post game presser isn't helping his case

I'm not sure I've ever had more appreciation for Hurley after listening to and reading his comments

Reaction Score
I thought early in the season this could be our best team ever, we're witnessing one of the best college basketball teams ever or at least in the modern/after UCLA Wooden era.

Clingan was so incredibly dominant from the tip (wasn't credited with all his blocks per usual) and them the onslaught happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom