If you could add one college player to this team for next year, who would it be? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you could add one college player to this team for next year, who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ur joking right? didn't Gods Gift redshirt last year.

Yep the ole' RS last year. Staff prolly :) worried about the PT when Obekpa arrived. Gift did get 18 pts, 10 rebs against Kentucky/Davis in a St. John's loss. GG then scored 16 against us & Andre in another loss.

It will be interesting to see if GG even sticks around this year or bolts. Now Johnnies have Obekpa and twenty five year old Orlando Sanchez.

Still love Reddic. The guy is gonna be in beast mode this year for VCU.

Have a good 1 my brotha! :)

Reaction Score
Wiggins. If he lives up to the hype and becomes the next Lebron James-level player in the NBA, that's gonna pay recruiting dividends

Reaction Score
It's difficult to find a big who can rebound, protect the rim, and shoot free throws. If you can find somebody who can rebound at McGary's rate and shoot 70% from the line I'll gladly take him. I think McGary would be the perfect fit, though, because he can solve all our rebounding problems, plus, he can get his 10 to 14 points without having a play run for him. He would be the perfect fit for our guard dominated offense, and as you saw in the final four, he also has the ability to pick zones apart from the high post with his exceptional court vision. Great player, and he's only beginning to scratch the surface.

I like McGary. In my opinion McGary should have bolted to the NBA when his stock was at its highest in a weak draft (just from a draft perspective not quality of life). McGary had a great tourney in an otherwise average season for him statistically. I wouldn't buy the McGary stock right now. Probably would have sold it after the Louisville game.

Def some risk in selling the McGary stock though because I do love his effort and passion.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
McGary would be my choice with interior toughness that would help our guards immensely

Reaction Score
The first guy that came to my mind was Trevor Lacy , but we have Omar. I chose Gift as a marginal / serviceable big body to share time with our guys and he came to first. I think our current is good enough to win but the five spot is a question mark. Does the team need a Drummond / Mcgary type player to get to a final four or can this team get there with a Okwandu type player?

First you pick a kid that redshirted on a crappy St Johns team. Then you go one step further and say your first choice was a SG who isn't nearly as good as any of the 3 guards we have. First time I've seen you post on this board so I have to ask. Do you actually follow college basketball??

Reaction Score
Just missing out on Obepka still haunts me. Adding Mcgary or Harrell are awesome pipe dreams to think of hypothetically. Obepka was a very real possibility. We would be unstoppable if we had him. Although we will still be unstoppable without him. Just not quite as unstoppable if you know what I mean.

Reaction Score
Dakari Johnson would be an animal down low for us.....I'd probably still prefer Randle but that's a good name that no one has mentioned

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I saw that you mentioned Randle I was talking about how no one mentioned Dakari yet, my bad for wording it weird haha

oh did not realize that sorry. but i agree that although i don't think johnson will be fully utilised at kentucky, if he went here he would be a sure fire lottery pick impo. he would be perfect for what we need. although ill still take randle because if anything iv seen in youtube videos has taught me anything, its that randle seems to have such a great well rounded game. sure fire star at the next level imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom