If you could add one college player to this team for next year, who would it be? | The Boneyard

If you could add one college player to this team for next year, who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just going to go with my first thought which is Mitch McGary. We need a bruiser down low to rebound and I think he has the potential to be one of the best this year.

caw

Reaction Score
If Joel Embiid is as good as everyone says, him. It's UConns least proven position and I can't think of many good centers out there this year. I kind of prefer Montrezl over McGary.

Of course Wiggins would be awesome at the three but Calhoun is more than proven.

Reaction Score
Not Embidd he's raw. Why Ashely hes a 6'7 PF?

Gotta add a five Harrell, Maybe the kid Cauley-Stein, McGary I guess.............. Roscoe Smith........

Reaction Score
The first three names that came to my mind were McGary, Randle, and Cauley-Stein. I think I'd go with McGary.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
We don't really need another star so I'll go with God's Gift from St. John's for some post presence. My lottery pick type of player would be Mcgary.

Reaction Score
Chris Obekpa...love his tenacity and nose for the ball. Wouldn't have to run any plays for him...let 'em eat glass and block shots...just plug 'em right in.

Reaction Score
The first three names that came to my mind were McGary, Randle, and Cauley-Stein. I think I'd go with McGary.

44% at the line last year for McGary. I would rather have a big connecting at a 70% clip from the line that can crash the boards.

Reaction Score
We don't really need another star so I'll go with God's Gift from St. John's for some post presence. My lottery pick type of player would be Mcgary.

O. Sanchez will log more minutes then Gift this year @ St. Johns...

Reaction Score
All-time, I'll go with Alcindor. He could get us an inside bucket or two.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Chris Obekpa...love his tenacity and nose for the ball. Wouldn't have to run any plays for him...let 'em eat glass and block shots...just plug 'em right in.
4 blocks per game as a frosh. 6 rpg.

Reaction Score
Adreian Payne was still a litle lost when we played MSU in Germany last year but he improved alot as the season went on. He's a solid big that patrols the paint...but i'd prob prefer McGary

Reaction Score
44% at the line last year for McGary. I would rather have a big connecting at a 70% clip from the line that can crash the boards.

It's difficult to find a big who can rebound, protect the rim, and shoot free throws. If you can find somebody who can rebound at McGary's rate and shoot 70% from the line I'll gladly take him. I think McGary would be the perfect fit, though, because he can solve all our rebounding problems, plus, he can get his 10 to 14 points without having a play run for him. He would be the perfect fit for our guard dominated offense, and as you saw in the final four, he also has the ability to pick zones apart from the high post with his exceptional court vision. Great player, and he's only beginning to scratch the surface.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
O. Sanchez will log more minutes then Gift this year @ St. Johns...

The first guy that came to my mind was Trevor Lacy , but we have Omar. I chose Gift as a marginal / serviceable big body to share time with our guys and he came to first. I think our current is good enough to win but the five spot is a question mark. Does the team need a Drummond / Mcgary type player to get to a final four or can this team get there with a Okwandu type player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom