If Gilbert is out for the year again... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

If Gilbert is out for the year again...

Reaction Score
I think we need to be more concerned with the fact we lost yet another true impact player (again) from our already questionable roster. Who cares about Oz's legal issues on his tweet how do we survive losing a McD AA yet again and now getting back to a thin backcourt, the strength of our team?

Reaction Score
If AG undergoes surgery again, then he MUST recover and MUST be our starting PG next year, because there is no alternative that leaves us a viable basketball team. If Jalen leaves, we have only Akinjo at point and whatever freshman or grad-level point that KO can dig up next spring. I say, "next spring" because KO has no scholarship available until Jalen announces. Even if he knows a 5-star PG dying to commit to UConn right now, how can he make the offer? And the worse of it is that without AG, and without AG's scholarship, we will have exactly three true guards next year no matter what happens. Wilson and Matthews are not true guards, even if you make the large assumption that they are prime-time ready. A recovered AG is absolutely our only hope for next year short of Jalen returning, and even with Jalen returning, a recovered AG is our only hope to have four guards..

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The other but not deciding aspect is Gilbert really needs to work on his shot and under these circumstances really can’t do that in a meaningful way. Without an improved shot there will be more risky drives down the lane.
Sometimes you dudes just need to trust in Chief - without further remediation this is going to be a continuous problem.

Somtimes you have the to coach the casual fan up, chief.

Reaction Score
I think we need to be more concerned with the fact we lost yet another true impact player (again) from our already questionable roster. Who cares about Oz's legal issues on his tweet how do we survive losing a McD AA yet again and now getting back to a thin backcourt, the strength of our team?

Does anyone even know for sure if Gilbert is out for the year?

Let's all take a deep breath.

If everything Oz has said about UConn basketball actually came true, we'd be looking at a very different team right now.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Oz reporting about a medical procedure about another person. Someone is losing their job for him tweeting that considering that is an obvious HIPPA violation. People get fired for that on a regular basis.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oz reporting about a medical procedure about another person. Someone is losing their job for him tweeting that considering that is an obvious HIPPA violation. People get fired for that on a regular basis.
yes indeed.

Reaction Score
How can he NOT?

Respectfully, you do know that we are already committed to 14 scholarships next year, don't you? Shall we commit to a 15th? We have already given Larrier no choice. Do we now give Jalen no choice?

Reaction Score

FERPA too

Reaction Score
The good news is with the emergence of Antwoine we really don't need Alterique as much as many people think we do. We have enough to make the NCAA tournament with Jalen, Vital, Antwoine, Larrier, and Mamadou.

PS: As I said in the summer, Vital should have been starting from day 1 this year, and Alterique should have been healing and resting off the bench. He would have had a greater chance to heal properly.

PS: No excuses, NCAA tournament or bust for Ollie and the team.
You are a clueless ignorant . Why they let you stay on here is beyond me. You are missing an element of humanity when you callously dismiss a person, who unfortunately has been injured, potentially throwing his entire basketball future into question. It is just terrible human behavior.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Respectfully, you do know that we are already committed to 14 scholarships next year, don't you? Shall we commit to a 15th? We have already given Larrier no choice. Do we now give Jalen no choice?
Don't get all mathy or I'll have to get @whaler11 to explain it to me.

All I know is that is that if a five star point guard wanted to commit to UConn for 2018, you find a way to make it work.

Reaction Score

Teams recruit over the scholarship limit all the time. If there are top 100 kids out there we can close on we absolutely should. The talent level on this roster needs to be upgraded.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Don't get all mathy or I'll have to get @whaler11 to explain it to me.

All I know is that is that if a five star point guard wanted to commit to UConn for 2018, you find a way to make it work.

there is no rule saying someone like Williams is extended a scholly offer next year.

Reaction Score
Hmm actually someone send the tweet to AD Dave. Maybe we can use it to get out of Ollie's buyout

polycom

Reaction Score
How is someone gonna lose their job because of Oz’s tweets. Nobody from the program told him about Rique’s injury situation ...

How did he know that Dr. Andrews was going to do the surgery? Dr Andrews told him? Oz can do whatever he wants but you can't share someone's medical info with someone. Example, a nurse can't tell her friend who then posts on twitter that you(a star athlete) came in for surgery. Her friend wont get in any trouble but the nurse will. Unless you released that info to be shared which I'm sure will happen because it does for most athletics.

Reaction Score
Hmm actually someone send the tweet to AD Dave. Maybe we can use it to get out of Ollie's buyout

And yet another solid though from the hecklers squad. Rebel Yell not good for you in the morning of a work day ya know.;)

Reaction Score
How did he know that Dr. Andrews was going to do the surgery? Dr Andrews told him? Oz can do whatever he wants but you can't share someone's medical info with someone. Example, a nurse can't tell her friend who then posts on twitter that you(a star athlete) came in for surgery. Her friend wont get in any trouble but the nurse will. Unless you released that info to be shared which I'm sure will happen because it does for most athletics.
The info came through a friendly conversation. Not any professional from the program or the surgeon’s camp

polycom

Reaction Score
The info came through a friendly conversation. Not any professional from the program or the surgeon’s camp

So you're telling me two random people were talking about and they came to the conclusion that 1. the first surgeon screwed up 2. That one of the best ortho surgeons in the world is going to perform the second surgery.

Reaction Score
So you're telling me two random people were talking about and they came to the conclusion that 1. the first surgeon screwed up 2. That one of the best ortho surgeons in the world is going to perform the second surgery.
No Oz is friends with Rique’s trainer

polycom

Reaction Score
No Oz is friends with Rique’s trainer

So...Oz trainer is either a medical professional or not if he is not he found out from a medical professional. Either way somewhere along the line someone who has a duty to not say anything told someone who told someone who told Oz. However the path goes, you can't just willy nilly share medical info with people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom