I was dead wrong | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I was dead wrong

Reaction Score
By early season overreaction has gone from:
How is Sophmore Donovan going to fill Adamas shoes next year… to:
If Adama comes back, how many minutes can he play next or DC

Reaction Score
I'm starting to wonder if Clingan will be back next year. It's been said a few times on this board. He's enormous.... and not slow.

Being a CT boy, he probably wants to win a NC for his home state. Beyond that, i'm not sure theres a ton of reasons for him to play another year in college.

It looks like he just needs to continue his workout regimen for another 6 months and he'll be NBA ready

Reaction Score
Yup. Unfortunately Diarra and Alleyne were terrible tonight.
Alleyne wasn't terrrible when he had a chance to play. Unfortunately he was playing in foul trouble most of the game. Diarra is a poor man's Taliek Brown. LOL!

Reaction Score
He had one play that was just beautiful. Got the ball down low. Saw the double coming kicked to Hawkins in the corner with AJax setting the screen to give Hawkins space. Just a gorgeous play all around.
He's going to be special.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to wonder if Clingan will be back next year. It's been said a few times on this board. He's enormous.... and not slow.

Being a CT boy, he probably wants to win a NC for his home state. Beyond that, i'm not sure theres a ton of reasons for him to play another year in college.
You have a tendency to make these posts.

Stop being a worrier...

Reaction Score
You have a tendency to make these posts.

Stop being a worrier...
Do you not think he could be learning everything he's learning in the NBA right now?

I definitely think some GM would take a mobile 7'2" guy in the first round

Reaction Score
Do you not think he could be learning everything he's learning in the NBA right now?

I definitely think some GM would take a mobile 7'2" guy in the first round
No, he's a kid. He's a really good huge kid. NBA isn't really big on huge really good kids now, that's why pretty much all of them remain in college.

He's uncommonly good for a 7'2 big INMO. Unless they're surefire top 5 recruits the NBA is all over of out of high school they're not much on the radar. Most guys near that size are awkward, have their head down, aren't talkers, don't move right...

I think Clingan is going to be special, NBA won't be focused on him until he cleans stuff up and shows a lot more....enjoy him....

Clingan is going to be a force.

Reaction Score
No, he's a kid. He's a really good huge kid. NBA isn't really big on huge really good kids now, that's why pretty much all of them remain in college.

He's uncommonly good for a 7'2 big INMO. Unless they're surefire top 5 recruits the NBA is all over of out of high school they're not much on the radar. Most guys near that size are awkward, have their head down, aren't talkers, don't move right...

I think Clingan is going to be special, NBA won't be focused on him until he cleans stuff up and shows a lot more....enjoy him....

Clingan is going to be a force.
I'm definitely enjoying him

Reaction Score
DC is just getting started. Game was a great confidence booster for him. SnC over the next year or two will really help with his explosion/lift.

Reaction Score
He's not just big and he's not just skilled, but he knows how to use his size and skill effectively in a 5-on-5 scenario against P5 athletes.
Love seeing Clingan, from my BCHS roots. Want to see him get a few more blocks, a few of the bigs were scooping the ball up around him and then off of the glass. It’ll come. He’s way ahead of schedule. The S&C program needs some props. Exciting to watch this team

Reaction Score
We are to going need Clingan in the coming days because there is one team we may end up facing somewhere down the line this year, possibly in the NCAA tournament.

That team is purdue, and they have MASSIVE frontline. I checked their roster and they have nit one but two guys over 7 feet tall. Zach Edey is 7'4" and 290 lbs and another center is 7'2" (I forgot his name) and a buch of other big guys 6'10" or 6'11". Their back is big too.

However...

We are still pretty big ourselves and I think match up well against purdue. We also have our POY in Sanogo.

I think we also need to get Sampson Johnson back asap from his foot injury as well.

Reaction Score
Clingan is better than Josh Carlton ever was
Carlton was stronger except his freshman year . If Clingan matured physically to get to 20-21 year old Carlton Level strength day next year he will be a lottery pick .
He is bigger ,a better passer , better footwork and a better touch.

Reaction Score
We have him at least 2 years. Granted, I wanted him for 3.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We have him at least 2 years. Granted, I wanted him for 3.
When he’s knocking down 3s like Bill Laimbeer we can start worrying about it. Until then I don’t think he’s attracting NBA interest.

Reaction Score
Applauding the rare occasion a boneyarder admits they were wrong.
Me too. I will do the same if and when @Fishy admits he was wrong about Sanogo taking threes. And yes, I'm not giving up on this until he does, or Sanogo just falls apart from three the rest of the season. :)

For reference:

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I know his FT percentage is less than ideal & his first 3pt attempt was way off, but he has a great looking form. He’s a good athlete for his size & has good instincts for a freshman. Tremendous potential.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Me too. I will do the same if and when @Fishy admits he was wrong about Sanogo taking threes. And yes, I'm not giving up on this until he does, or Sanogo just falls apart from three the rest of the season. :)

For reference:
Glenn Close GIF

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Since we’re doing mea culpas, I’ll do mine with Joey C. He was great tonight.
A lot of Boneyarders should express a mea culpa vis a vie Calcaterra.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom