I love Danny, but…. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I love Danny, but….

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can tell you for a fact as a witness that’s exactly what happened a Providence fan in his 60s was yelling obscenities at Hurley couldn’t hear it from where I was but easily dude the guy was all liquored up.
Probably the same imbecile that I saw a video of yesterday. He was leaning over a railing, yelling at UConn fans about what an Hurley is, what scumbags (or something similar) UConn fans are and started challenging people to fight. Then he got into it with some guys who must have been employees of the AMP (had hanging passes around their necks) who from appearances were just trying to calm him down (they were by the tunnel, he was leaning over the rail). Then he continually turned around, stuck his backside out and pointed to it while yelling "kiss my ass". The guy had to be my age (I'm 63). What an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
I personally love it. He's just passionate about his guys. Nothing more

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think almost all of his ire is aimed at refs (with good reason a lot of the time). Agree his responses are only egging some idiots on. Although when you start messing with a lady who is the man's wife you are WAY OUT OF BOUNDs and asking for it. No coaches wife or any other woman deserves that. If your going to be jerk find a man to pick on.
If she is being verbally harassed in person, the move is still to go to security. If she isn’t there and the drunk is saying 4th grade stuff about her, ignore him. If he looks to fight, call security.

Hurley is the face of the school in that moment like it or not. I was in a few workplace situations as a fed lawyer with actual in person threats of violence where walking away was not an option and no immediate security help. It ain’t fun but unless a person is totally out of control, even then there are ways to cool things down.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No. But Danny looked like a fool
motioning the guy to come on. Seriously, the right move was to drop the rabbit ears and walk away and/or call security. That simple.
Did you see the clip that we're discussing? He was surrounded by security personnel, he remained very calm (wasn't screaming or getting heated) and basically disarmed the situation (as opposed to escalating it) by calling the guy out.

Reaction Score
If she is being verbally harassed in person, the move is still to go to security. If she isn’t there and the drunk is saying 4th grade stuff about her, ignore him. If he looks to fight, call security.

Hurley is the face of the school in that moment like it or not. I was in a few workplace situations as a fed lawyer with actual in person threats of violence where walking away was not an option and no immediate security help. It ain’t fun but unless a person is totally out of control, even then there are ways to cool things down.
But what if you have security help? Hurley said what he said in the heat of the moment responding like any human being would it was quick and he got his guys off the floor.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Did you see the clip that we're discussing? He was surrounded by security personnel, he remained very calm (wasn't screaming or getting heated) and basically disarmed the situation (as opposed to escalating it) by calling the guy out.
He was giving a “come on” motion to the guy. Directly reacting to him. Exactly what the guy wanted. Ignore the jerk.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
But what if you have security help? Hurley said what he said in the heat of the moment responding like any human being would it was quick and he got his guys off the floor.
Where I differ is Hurley let a drunk get to him. It really doesn’t matter what the guy said. His father yelling at him would be more upsetting.

Reaction Score

Did I miss the part where they actually fought or are we still talking about some drunks woofing at a coach and the coach woofing back?

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
I love his "championship standard" response to every other question this year. He fell short here.
Aggressive behaviors and violence have changed and escalated. People are getting shot over abrupt lane changes and slow service for God's sakes. Last thing anyone should do in today's environment is invite violence.
Last night, at minimum he created an opening for others to try the same BS and potentially create issues for the team.
At the other extreme, what if punches ended up being thrown. Man, that could be a deep deep rabbit hole.
Love Hurley but his actions contradicted everything he says he demands from his team.

Reaction Score
Where I differ is Hurley let a drunk get to him. It really doesn’t matter what the guy said. His father yelling at him would be more upsetting.
Your reading too far into this you weren’t there.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
It would be profoundly embarrassing for the school, players, fans, and most importantly Dan, if he beat the piss out of some loser calling him names. This is a very unserious suggestion.
if a fan hops the railing, all bets are off

Reaction Score
I love his "championship standard" response to every other question this year. He fell short here.
Aggressive behaviors and violence have changed and escalated. People are getting shot over abrupt lane changes and slow service for God's sakes. Last thing anyone should do in today's environment is invite violence.
Last night, at minimum he created an opening for others to try the same BS and potentially create issues for the team.
At the other extreme, what if punches ended up being thrown. Man, that could be a deep deep rabbit hole.
Love Hurley but his actions contradicted everything he says he demands from his team.
These weren’t normal circumstances I would be shocked completely shocked if we see this type of interaction from Hurley in any upcoming games, this is a place where his wife was spit on.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Did I miss the part where they actually fought or are we still talking about some drunks woofing at a coach and the coach woofing back?
Yeah. How stupid it is for a coach to woof back.

Reaction Score
He’s bigger than this nonsense. Kinda funny, but let it go my man…

I really like DH. However, he doesn't need to have rabbit ears. He should have continued walking thru the tunnel with a smile on his face. Saying nothing would have pissed that fan off more... Which you want to happen.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
did you see the brother of the LSU player hop the scorer's table after Cordoza leveled his sister?
luckily the cops got to him before Mulkey

Reaction Score
Yes of course anything can happen anywhere sadly, but it shouldn’t stop your abilility for function and be yourself. Should we just ban cars because accidents happen and ban alcohol because people can’t handle their alcohol. Hurley was literally walking off the floor he was waiting for his players to get off the court.

Reaction Score
Disagree. I would greatly enjoy seeing Hurley put a whoopin' on a fan of any team.
It's not the one drunk idiot that would charge and he'd drop. It's the 50+ after that are going to charge that puts himself, the athletes, the staff and every UConn fan in the stands in harms way because once a punch is thrown you can't get 10,000 people that have been drinking to behave rationally. People could storm and bust the doors down on the way to the locker room.

Reaction Score
It's not the one drunk idiot that would charge and he'd drop. It's the 50+ after that are going to charge that puts himself, the athletes, the staff and every UConn fan in the stands in harms way because once a punch is thrown you can't get 10,000 people that have been drinking to behave rationally. People could storm and bust the doors down on the way to the locker room.
Take a chill pill.

Reaction Score
So tell freaking security. You really think our coach should have a fist fight with a sheet faced fan? Really? There are ways to handle things and ways not to handle things. Either ignore the jerk or tell the security people to take the guy away and publicize it.
You're the p**sy that wouldn't stick up for your own wife.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
did you see the brother of the LSU player hop the scorer's table after Cordoza leveled his sister?
luckily the cops got to him before Mulkey
That's insane, didn't see that, but yeah that's the kind of line that gets crossed today.
And thinking about what has been done to Dan's wife in the past, hell if I'd know how to stay in control either, but you have to.

Reaction Score
We have one person who keeps posting about a fist fight, another poster posted about shootings, and another poster posted about 50+ fans physically attacking Hurley, our players, our staff, and our fans.

All of this over a couple guys chirping at each other for a few seconds.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My pops look at issues like this.

Attachments

• pops.jpg
    pops.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online