I love Danny, but…. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

I love Danny, but….

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Sure it's best for any player or coach to just ignore the commentary from the crowd. On the other hand when family is disrespected, like PC decided to do with Andrea Hurley, all bets are off and they should to be addressed.

Reaction Score
PCKB for the win?
How you to that?
Or did you?
We all lose
Don't we?
How not?

#beholddiminishingreturns
jesse-lee-peterson-beta.gif

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sure it's best for any player or coach to just ignore the commentary from the crowd. On the other hand when family is disrespected, like PC decided to do with Andrea Hurley, all bets are off and they should to be addressed.
Serious question. What did coach actually accomplish? He gave a drunk satisfaction that the loser will probably brag about until the day he dies. And it isn’t PC deciding, it’s some of their fans acting out their stupid rivalry fantasies. If it’s going too far, let the UConn Pres or AD have a little talk with their PC counterpart to find a way to deal with it. Some situations might require direct confrontation, other times there are better ways to skin the cat. But enough of this thread. @superjohn is running out of unclever ideas.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Can you? Your judgement is wanting. But you have a lot of company. Hurley was letting a drunk get under his skin, just what the guy wanted.

What is amazing is how people think conduct in a sports setting is justified that would be plain ridiculous elsewhere (applies to the drunk spectator as well as Hurley). So you are walking down the street with your family and a clearly drunk guy across street starts shouting insults at you. Tell me what you would do.
If Hurley acted the way JC had (on numerous occasions) while yanking a player for an early game brain fart, or even as Hurley has done all too often when disagreeing with an official's call on a foul (or non-foul) I would agree with you.

In the instance in question, Hurley remained quite calm and merely commented (while also giving a come on gesture with his hand). The guy wasn't under his skin.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If Hurley acted the way JC had (on numerous occasions) while yanking a player for an early game brain fart, or even as Hurley has done all too often when disagreeing with an official's call on a foul (or non-foul) I would agree with you.

In the instance in question, Hurley remained quite calm and merely commented (while also giving a come on gesture with his hand). The guy wasn't under his skin.
Why would he gesture if the guy wasn’t under his skin. Calhoun was a whole other story. I was at a game when he literally kicked the scorers table hard enough to move the table and clearly shake up the innocent guy doing whatever on the other side of the table. I’m sure the guy was at least thinking WTF.

Reaction Score
Cohenzone,
I believe they are accepting applications for PC, DePaul and Georgetown fans if you are interested. You can reapply for UConn fanhood when Hurley gets fired for being too "Jersey". We'd all understand. And it must have been awful for you to cheer for the Huskies when that brute Jim Calhoun coached here.

Reaction Score
Why would he gesture if the guy wasn’t under his skin. Calhoun was a whole other story. I was at a game when he literally kicked the scorers table hard enough to move the table and clearly shake up the innocent guy doing whatever on the other side of the table. I’m sure the guy was at least thinking WTF.
I see Hurley is getting under your skin.

Reaction Score
I see Hurley is getting under your skin.
Calhoun did too!!

Wondering if all this winning is a problem for the Mr. zone"?? Maybe "trophies for all" is his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom