I am sorry Arkansas fans | The Boneyard

I am sorry Arkansas fans

Reaction Score
It's worth it for them in my opinion. The guy is going to bring a bunch of 5* guys every year like he did at Kentucky and Arkansas will be talked about nonstop in the media while he's there. I also bet that he's reinvigorated and motivated to outperform Kentucky because they ran him out of town. I personally think he's going to do a hell of a job there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Arkansas is a tough place to win and they just brought in a bad coach. This outcome is easy to predict.

Reaction Score
You are paying Calipari 50 million over 6 years!! What the hck are you thinking?? This guy has won one NC in 35 years of college coaching!
The bar is a heck of a lot lower at Arkansas than UK. Do I think he’ll learn? No, he’s going to so exactly the same thing, but I think Arkansas will view it as a success. Also the money is meaningless since it’s being funded by a couple wealthy boosters.

Reaction Score
It's worth it for them in my opinion. The guy is going to bring a bunch of 5* guys every year like he did at Kentucky and Arkansas will be talked about nonstop in the media while he's there. I also bet that he's reinvigorated and motivated to outperform Kentucky because they ran him out of town. I personally think he's going to do a hell of a job there.
Problem is, he still can’t coach. So motivated or not, they will still suck

Reaction Score
Problem is, he still can’t coach. So motivated or not, they will still suck
I can't take this whole "Cal can't coach" opinion that a lot of people seem to have seriously. Is he one of the best Xs and Os coaches out there? No, but the guy made a Final Four at UMass and a national championship game at Memphis where he had a record of 137-14 his last 4 seasons there. Had a 38-2 national title winning season and a 38-1 season at UK. He's fallen off considerably in recent years, but I think the new job will reinvigorate him and I think he will change his approach to recruiting a bit by focusing more on experienced transfers rather than 5* freshmen which will only give him a bigger chance of succeeding there.

Reaction Score
I can't take this whole "Cal can't coach" opinion that a lot of people seem to have seriously. Is he one of the best Xs and Os coaches out there? No, but the guy made a Final Four at UMass and a national championship game at Memphis where he had a record of 137-14 his last 4 seasons there. Had a 38-2 national title winning season and a 38-1 season at UK. He's fallen off considerably in recent years, but I think the new job will reinvigorate him and I think he will change his approach to recruiting a bit by focusing more on experienced transfers rather than 5* freshmen which will only give him a bigger chance of succeeding there.

I agree. Cal is not a bad coach. He just focused on recruiting one and dones and getting guys in the NBA instead of winning.

Reaction Score
Not very smart in Arkansas but they will get press.

Reaction Score
Arkansas just hit a home run. They were already punching up with Muss but they somehow upgraded. I love crapping on Cal but he had results for 3/4 of his seasons at Kentucky. He'll be good in Fayetteville too

Reaction Score
I think it's a very good hire for Arkansas. Don't know that they'll win a title, but they'll be a top 25 program consistently with a lot of attention on them

Reaction Score
"Kentucky is the bluest of blue," Calipari said after he was introduced. "There's only a few schools like that, and I hate to tell you ... Arkansas is one of them. UConn thought they could be a blue blood. They could not.”

Reaction Score
I honestly think Calipari has lost whatever mojo he once had. He seems old and deflated. Sure he can get players (in 2024 Lord knows why..), but success takes passion and I think he's lost that. Just punching the clock at this point.

Reaction Score
"Kentucky is the bluest of blue," Calipari said after he was introduced. "There's only a few schools like that, and I hate to tell you ... Arkansas is one of them. UConn thought they could be a blue blood. They could not.”
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think he will change his approach to recruiting a bit by focusing more on experienced transfers rather than 5* freshmen which will only give him a bigger chance of succeeding there.
Funny enough, these last 4 years are probably some of the most experienced teams Cal has ever had.

Maybe he should go back to leaning on the 5* freshmen?

Reaction Score
I’m gonna need a source on that…

Honestly if I was Arkansas I’d be ecstatic over this hire. Muss is a great coach, all the respect for him, but after what they went through last year, there’s no reason to think Cal won’t be a major upgrade. Not to mention he’s gonna be on a warpath in the SEC, definitely gonna have a breath of new life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom