Hypothetical | The Boneyard

Hypothetical

Reaction Score
NCAA and conferences cancel all games but say teams can have a season only against teams in their own state with limited capacity of fans (season ticket holders for uconn can attend):

UConn
Yale
Central Connecticut
Sacred Heart
University of Hartford
Fairfield

play each team twice. Top 4 seeds play in a tournament.

1. would we win it all and go 12-0?
2. If we don’t win it all, would it be a huge embarrassment for the program or just a product of the crazy covid era?
3. Would you keep your season tickets at a prorated price or accept a full refund?
4. If the women had the same schedule, could they hold one of these schools to single digits in a game?

Reaction Score
Not worth the health risk and would not be financially lucrative enough for all involved. It would be essentially be playing meaningless exhibitions during a pandemic. No chance.

Reaction Score
Not worth the health risk and would not be financially lucrative enough for all involved. It would be essentially be playing meaningless exhibitions during a pandemic. No chance.
They wouldn’t be meaningless imo. These guys missing an entire calendar year of basketball would be a disaster. Of course take every safety precaution. But if it passes the “safety test” why not

Reaction Score
I will say, if they cancel non conference, I’m interested in how mid majors and others are impacted

Reaction Score
I've always thought we should play some in state games. This would be alot of fun

Reaction Score
NCAA and conferences cancel all games but say teams can have a season only against teams in their own state with limited capacity of fans (season ticket holders for uconn can attend):

UConn
Yale
Central Connecticut
Sacred Heart
University of Hartford
Fairfield

2. If we don’t win it all, would it be a huge embarrassment for the program or just a product of the crazy covid era?
3. Would you keep your season tickets at a prorated price or accept a full refund?
4. If the women had the same schedule, could they hold one of these schools to single digits in a game?

I'll play...
1.Yes
2.embarrassment
3.keep tickets
4. No

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We would have to be giving points every game to make it fair.

1- we would go undefeated
2- huge embarrassment
3- full refund, as I’m not going into any crowds
4- they could if they tried, but they wouldn’t

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It won't happen this year, but it needs to be planned. We need a regional classic at Mohegan. Us with the likes of URI, Providence, BC, Umass, UVM, Yale. Teams could rotate yearly. They did a classic there last year with no close teams - maybe St. John's?

On a similar note, anyone remember the Connecticut Mutual Classic? I was like 8/9/10, but that was similar and fun.

Reaction Score

UConn
Yale
Central Connecticut
Sacred Heart
University of Hartford
Fairfield

It would work if they played 5 vs 4 players in the games. :p

Reaction Score
If there was no real season I would settle for anything. And I would 100% attend if they offered season ticket holders.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
damn, I knew I missed one.
let’s add them in and give a division 2 team like southern the 8th spot
Add the WBB team in the 8th spot, just to annoy those here who would hate the idea, and to 'prove out' (in whatever way) what has been speculated over the years.

Thanks for the thread. Good off-season fare, especially this off-season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This would be great for Hockey.
They had a round robin tourney with UConn, Sacred Heart, QU and Yale this year and SHU won. Investing a lot into their hockey program. Building a barn that makes what UConn is doing look like Bolton Ice Palace.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom