Huskies back on campus | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Huskies back on campus

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aren’t those duties reserved for the freshmen on the team of which there are 3? :eek:
Not thinking about the other 2 who are physically ready to dominate

Reaction Score
Really looking forward to this season, the only negative is Paige's absence. If all stay healthy we have great options and enough depth at all positions. The last two incoming classes have produced 2-3 players that saw big minutes their freshman seasons and there is no reason to believe that trend will stop. We have had great help from transfers in Evina and Dorka and now hopefully this season with Lou. Can't wait for November to see how this group has gelled. By seasons end they will be a fine tuned machine hitting on all eleven cyclinders. Feeling very Tony C. about what's to come !

Reaction Score
Ines is still only 17 and never has been introduced to the state of the art conditioning she is about to begin. Have to credit this young lady for crossing an ocean to be part of the best of women's basketball.
I think it's a longer trip for Brady. The Azores is a 6 hr flight from Boston. Did it.

Reaction Score
Give it a day. This fanbase can complain about anything.

"We have no quickness" "Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
well considering the last 2 guards that Uconn got eliminated by were quick would be a fair point.

Reaction Score
well considering the last 2 guards that Uconn got eliminated by were quick would be a fair point.

Henderson played UConn 4 times and looked mediocre to bad in 3 of them. Her final last year was outstanding but even you have to admit that her shooting that day was not typical, not even close.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
O/T: Please excuse me. I had to share this. Not trying to hi-jack the thread. I had to put this somewhere. This was the funniest and most ridiculous thing I've heard this year. I went to my local Office Max today to buy a MOUSE PAD.

As the cashier begins to ring me up, she asks me "Did you want to get the warranty on that?" :confused: My initial thought was....WTH?!? :eek:

A warranty on a $11 mouse pad? Are you serious? Really? The pad that this new pad replaced lasted for over 10 years. I got my money's worth from it. In 10 years, when this one wears out, I'll buy a new one. No warranty covers natural wear and tear. Another way to try and get more money out of the consumer. :mad: Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
O/T: Please excuse me. I had to share this. Not trying to hi-jack the thread. I had to put this somewhere. This was the funniest and most ridiculous thing I've heard this year. I went to my local Office Max today to buy a MOUSE PAD.

As the cashier begins to ring me up, she asks me "Did you want to get the warranty on that?" :confused: My initial thought was....WTH?!? :eek:

A warranty on a $11 mouse pad? Are you serious? Really? The pad that this new pad replaced lasted for over 10 years. I got my money's worth from it. In 10 years, when this one wears out, I'll buy a new one. No warranty covers natural wear and tear. Another way to try and get more money out of the consumer. :mad: Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
So what kind of pad did you get for your mouse? A 2-bedroom condo, studio apartment, ranch house? :D

Reaction Score
Henderson played UConn 4 times and looked mediocre to bad in 3 of them. Her final last year was outstanding but even you have to admit that her shooting that day was not typical, not even close.
Definite outlier.

Reaction Score
It's the same old story. She looked great against lots of other teams in her first 3 seasons at SC. But against UConn she looked mediocre. That makes her a damn good player, who looks fallible against the highest level of competition. Lots of damn good players have looked ordinary against UConn D.

Another way to put this: there are players who can be shut down, and players who can't. Boston is one of the latter. You just hope to contain her. Morrow seems like another one, though we need more data on this. Paige and Caitlyn are two more. I suspect Azzi and Caroline will be like this in the coming season, too.

Reaction Score
It's the same old story. She looked great against lots of other teams in her first 3 seasons at SC. But against UConn she looked mediocre. That makes her a damn good player, who looks fallible against the highest level of competition. Lots of damn good players have looked ordinary against UConn D.

Another way to put this: there are players who can be shut down, and players who can't. Boston is one of the latter. You just hope to contain her. Morrow seems like another one, though we need more data on this. Paige and Caitlyn are two more. I suspect Azzi and Caroline will be like this in the coming season, too.

Henderson's talent was in transition. She was never a prolific 3pt shooter, she drove the lane and got to the line. But some UConn fans will always think of her as if she was KML.

My comment was less a critique of Henderson and more a critique of taking one game out of context to try and make a point. Several guards have had great games against UConn over the years but far more find nothing but frustration. Despite that some posters keep insisting that those few games require a change in how UConn recruits and defends guards?

Sometimes the other player/team is just better. Time to move on.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The very first time for her to be in the US.
Welcome Ines.
1f499.png

Ines Bettencourt! The freshman from Portugal - 5-9 Point Guard

1662081803105.png

Reaction Score
1st meeting in November she balled as well, and yes usually players from freshman to sr year get better as player. Thank you for breaking news.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That is for certain. And if "they" were all perfectly healthy we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom