Hurley Should Have An Honest Talk With Bouk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley Should Have An Honest Talk With Bouk

Reaction Score
To me he doesn’t look like a sure fire pro. He does some things well but he doesn’t shoot all that well from 3, he hasn’t shown himself to be durable, he isn’t that strong. I have to wonder if he looks tired late in a college season, how will he fare in back to back games in OKC and San Francisco followed by one night off to travel to Boston? I’m of the opinion that NBA teams drafting on “potential” has hurt both the college game and the pro game but that’s not my call.
I'll remind you of this post the first time he drops 25 or 30 on someone.

You have to be one of the most miserable people in the history of the world.

Reaction Score
$4 mil v. $2 mil annually. He's gone. Excited to see him on the NBA stage will be cheering for him all the way.
OK so if he can move to say a top 5 pick he could “make” 3 million for his last year of college and probably a boatload more on a second contract? Just improve his game and stay healthy, a risk but not a crazy idea. All dependent on where he goes.

Reaction Score
Any money "lost" by dropping in the first round will be recovered/mitigated by follow on contracts if he excels during his first contract.
VERY Long way to go before he has to worry about hi second contract. There is no doubt he'll be drafted later than where he was originally projected prior to returning from injury. That will cost him a few mil.

Reaction Score
Get one full season in the Big East playing in front of your home crowd and winning the Big East Championship. Deep run in the NCAA's. Playing against guys your own age. Developing physically and emotionally. Right Joel, Time of your life. Do it. Do it.

Reaction Score
I think what everyone is forgetting here, and which we all learned recently, is that he hasn't been playing organized basketball for that long. It's been like 5 years of organized basketball, and he's ALREADY a lottery pick talent. Just imagine how insanely good he will be in 5 more years with the best possible coaching at the NBA level. It's honestly scary how good he could be, and most likely will be. I'm very excited for how well he will represent the husky brand for many years in the NBA, and I will follow him very closely as a fan in the NBA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
None of our opinions on Bouonights NBA potential matter at all. If the guys who make the picks are saying he will go in the lottery then he has to go. There is way more to risk by coming back than leaving. It's a different landscape than 10-20 years ago

Reaction Score
The extent of the talk should be "if you declare for the NBA Draft, you will be a multi-millionaire by July. You were a great Husky and you'll always be a great Husky, and we all look forward to watching what you accomplish over the next 15 years in the league. Make sure you shoot 1000 3s a day between now and October, and please finish your course work so we don't get dinged."

That's it. That's the talk.
He's not a great Husky.

Reaction Score
I mean let’s put it this way, three weeks ago he was a sure fire 100% lottery pick- last few weeks things have changed somewhat - scouts might now realize durability is an issue , three point shooting , turnovers on drives ,leader ship etc. things bouk can definitely work on - is he gone for the NBA ? 90% most likely- but let’s not sit here after how things have gone the past couple weeks and act like throwing that question out there is beyond ridiculous- there still is a slight chance he comes back and don’t sell Bouk short either - hes deeper than u think. I think it’s insulting to his character from posters who here say “all he cares about is the money and it’s all about the money” - this is a kid who cares about his UConn legacy and how he will be remembered. Dont think that doesn’t weigh on him. Don’t make him sound like a simpleton just doing “everything for the money”. Bouk deeply cares about UConn, his teammates and coaches and fans and if you think he is just gonna turn the page in three seconds and not give a second thought as to how these last couple weeks ended, you’re selling Bouks mentality short. Unlike some young kids, JB cares about the UConn tradition and how his legacy will be viewed years from now - I wish him the best of luck and , yes , he’s most likely gone but don’t sit here and say it’s completely asinine To throw the question out there of “will he come back?” I know it was years ago -but Meka, rip ,Ray kemba and Benny all came back for thier junior years and it benefited them financially. What’s the rush? The nba will always be there - he’s only 19. Best of luck in whatever you decide bouk - maybe there’s a slight chance you come back next year and take Uconn and their fans on a ride you will cherish for the rest of your life.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. Bouk is better going to the NBA. Forget that his stock won't be improved by another year, his biggest weakness is he lacks an NBA body which he won't get until he gets to the league.

His game is also unlikely to improve with another year in college where he will be double and tripled triple teamed. Something that won't happen in the NBA.

The best thing any of us could do is drive him to the airport with a box lunch and wish him well.

Reaction Score
To me he doesn’t look like a sure fire pro. He does some things well but he doesn’t shoot all that well from 3, he hasn’t shown himself to be durable, he isn’t that strong. I have to wonder if he looks tired late in a college season, how will he fare in back to back games in OKC and San Francisco followed by one night off to travel to Boston? I’m of the opinion that NBA teams drafting on “potential” has hurt both the college game and the pro game but that’s not my call.

Nobody can predict who will be good or bad.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. Bouk is better going to the NBA. Forget that his stock won't be improved by another year, his biggest weakness is he lacks an NBA body which he won't get until he gets to the league.

His game is also unlikely to improve with another year in college where he will be double and tripled triple teamed. Something that won't happen in the NBA.

The best thing any of us could do is drive him to the airport with a box lunch and wish him well.
We could do better than a box lunch for him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's not a great Husky.
We hadn't made the dance in half a decade. He was the best player on the team that broke that streak -- our longest since the 80s.

We haven't had a first-round pick in seven years. We haven't had a lottery pick in nine years. He's going to break those streaks for us, too.

He's a great Husky.

Reaction Score
We hadn't made the dance in half a decade. He was the best player on the team that broke that streak -- our longest since the 80s.

We haven't had a first-round pick in seven years. We haven't had a lottery pick in nine years. He's going to break those streaks for us, too.

He's a great Husky.
We'll have to agree to disagree. He cannot be mentioned in the same breath as our past greats, and it'd be a disservice to them to do so.

Reaction Score
That's just not fair. He's not a Ring of Honor player, but that does not at all take away from how good he has been for us and how much credit he deserves for helping to re-raise our profile.
Yes exactly. He's not a ring of honor great player. He's a very good player, I'm not taking that away from him. Just not a great.

Reaction Score

He's a great Husky.
People are really weird man, and I’m convinced these people haven’t been watchin UCONN basketball, ESPECIALLY where we were as a program not even 4 years ago. Here comes a kid who has helped tremendously to put UCONN basketball back on the map, 1st team all conference and universally recognized as one of the best guards in the country and a lottery to mid 1st round pick, yet people on this forum are saying he isn’t good. Can’t make this up

Reaction Score
Someone should have an honest talk with jibsey - Bouknight is not (and should not) coming back.

He has a chance to make a lot of money now, and an NBA staff will do a much job developing him than a college staff. This is not hard.

Reaction Score
People are really weird man, and I’m convinced these people haven’t been watchin UCONN basketball, ESPECIALLY where we were as a program not even 4 years ago. Here comes a kid who has helped tremendously to put UCONN basketball back on the map, 1st team all conference and universally recognized as one of the best guards in the country and a lottery to mid 1st round pick, yet people on this forum are saying he isn’t good. Can’t make this up
It really is dumbfounding. YOu can be critical of his game, which I have been at times. You can be critical of his costly missed free throws last night that greatly diminished UConn's chances of coming back, hell I was. But Bouk has done a lot to help rebuild this program and he should be thanked for that. He doesn't have to be elevated to the like s of Rip, Emeka, Kemba, etc, but UConn fans should realize and be grateful for the impact he has made for UConn and bringing them back to relevancy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom