Hurley Needs to Find Lineups w/ Sanogo & Clingan | The Boneyard

Hurley Needs to Find Lineups w/ Sanogo & Clingan

Reaction Score
Nah. But it's getting closer to a consistent 25-15 minute split. Keep both of them fresh and just never let the opponent rest.

And, if Sanogo is having a bad game and Clingan is rolling, I have no problem with using Sanogo to back up Clingan.

This. And DC will undoubtably run into some tough stretches this season and Sanogo can carry the front court. The ultimate luxury

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I thought tonight there was an opportunity early to play them together tonight in an attempt to out muscle Iowa but I don't know jack about strategy and lineups so if DH isn't doing it I'll trust him. He's showing this year that with the right team composition he's flexible and willing to shift lineups as needed. Helps that our team has a lot more overall synergy than prior years.

Reaction Score
There’s quite literally no reason to fix something that isn’t broken. I love both Sanogo and Clingan, but they’re more effective as the only center. This is how we shoulda played Sanogo and Whaley too.
I like that teams have to deal with Sanogo and double team him the whole time and then they have a whole other giant problem to deal with when Clingan comes in but if it means Clingan only averages 15 minutes per game this year I don't think I like it.

I wonder if Matt Painter would do it any differently in hindsight with Edey and Travion Williams last season. Edey is a monster and should've been on the court more for them IMO.

Reaction Score
End of story. I’ve seen enough.

DC is a gd monster.
I think the return of Samson opens up that possibility but for now id say no. It puts too much pressure on other teams. Sanogo is a load to deal with then he sits and now you have to deal with a 7 footer whos a another load to deal with.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
They may have a few spots when they are on the court together, but there is no need to deviate from what is working. Hurley made a clear commitment to play four-out this season, and he shaped this roster accordingly for this and future years. He's expressed a desire to play this way for a few years now. It's working.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has nowhere the same impact on the game. Sonogo is a gamer that can play at a high level like other talented high level players. Clingan is uniquely equipped. He changes other players’ decisions and shots, cleans the glass and impacts the entire game flow. Clingan needs a little work not getting sucked out from the rim and getting low block picked to create separation for their 5.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has nowhere the same impact on the game. Sonogo is a gamer that can play at a high level like other talented high level players. Clingan is uniquely equipped. He changes other players’ decisions and shots, cleans the glass and impacts the entire game flow. Clingan needs a little work not getting sucked out from the rim and getting low block picked to create separation for their 5.
Maybe some recent bias going on here. Sanogo has been our most dominant player so far this season and basically snatched Alabama’s will to live.

Reaction Score
Maybe some recent bias going on here. Sanogo has been our most dominant player so far this season and basically snatched Alabama’s will to live.
No disrespect to Sonogo. He just can’t grow 7-2 and impact the game flow the same way. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t impact outcome.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he’s actually using Clingan really, really well.

I absolutely hated Hurley’s rotations last year - I love this year’s rotations as much as I hated last year.

Sanogo is our best player by about 27 miles; by rotating him and Cling a bit, you keep the floor a lil more open and you also find more time for Karaban who has been terrific.

Reaction Score
Maybe like 1 or 2 minutes against monster teams if it becomes a slog - but honestly 99% of the time they should just swap in and out for each other - they are the perfect complement - Sanogo with finesse and skill cuts people up - Donovan comes in an mashes them and beasts them. And the other team will always get into foul trouble and get tired while Sanogo and Donovan stay fresh. Keep swapping them

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's match-ups. Clingon has already shown he merits the trust and consideration.

Reaction Score
Both are more effective when they are in there because we play 4 shooters in plus them. Playing both together drags an extra defender in that can help on the other.

We get enough offensive rebounds just having one in the game at a time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There will be games where it is needed, like against Oregon. But mostly I like how Hurley has things set up.
If it gets to UConn v Duke in NCAAs, it'll be fun having DC/AS vs Filipowski, Young & Lively.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Both are more effective when they are in there because we play 4 shooters in plus them. Playing both together drags an extra defender in that can help on the other.

We get enough offensive rebounds just having one in the game at a time.
We have a top 10 offense and defense so far playing the way we have with these guys splitting the center spot, and people wanna mess with it without even explaining what area would improve enough to take the risk.

Throw out the two big lineup against really big teams and the scrubs on our schedule for the sake of experimentation. But let’s not mess with a winning formula against OKST or Florida coming up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom