Hunt for the CFP 2017 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Hunt for the CFP 2017

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
That is the excuse being given but, one of those losses is to the #2 team in the CFB. Anyone else play a game that tough? No, they didn't. OSU is worse that OU, duh. This is about the 4th spot. To decide it based on a loss to Iowa, means you have to hit OU for losing to ISU and Clemson for losing to Syracuse.
I don't care if they lost to God, they lost twice. They blew their chance.

Reaction Score
The 30 point loss to a mediocre team is rightfully disqualifying. I'm not sure people would have taken the candidacy seriously if it was a different name on the uniform.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The 30 point loss to a mediocre team is rightfully disqualifying. I'm not sure people would have taken the candidacy seriously if it was a different name on the uniform.
They didn't take USC seriously and they had a marginally better resume than Ohio State.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Clemson lost to Cuse, Wisc lost to OSU, Bama lost to Auburn. By your logic Clemson should be out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Clemson very clearly deserves to be in.

Why, if horrific losses are disqualifying? Clemson has the worst loss by far. The entire point of the committee was to remove arbitrary reasoning. They change the criteria for every team. Bad losses don't matter for Clemson, but CC and qualtiy win/resume does, Oklahoma has the best resume but are ranked #2, Georgia lost to Auburn missed Alabama and beat ND and Auburn no other top 25 wins but SEC champ, they are solid but there resume isn't any better than OSU's. We've covered Alabama losing to the one good team they played and only one Top 25 win. The CFP was supposed to end the rankings by reputation. There are huge dollars here. OSU or UCF deserved the bid. OSU would be my choice seeing as 4 of there wins are better than anything Alabama did.

Reaction Score
How did they rank Wiscy above USC??
Apparently, losing to a pretty good Wazzu team and the typically over-ranked Notre Dame may not have helped USCw's plight. Good wins limited, with an early season defeat of Stanford and a Pac12 championship victory against the Tree. Otherwise, blah!

Reaction Score
Why, if horrific losses are disqualifying? Clemson has the worst loss by far. The entire point of the committee was to remove arbitrary reasoning.
Perhaps, but news reports suggested injuries mattered to "the committee", e.g., Clemson's QB literally knocked out when slammed onto the Orange's concrete floor turf. I think Clemson was losing at the time, but just tossing out a possibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom