How has Smart NOT been warned for this yet? (Marquette vs Creighton) | The Boneyard

How has Smart NOT been warned for this yet? (Marquette vs Creighton)

Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly, their fans like it and want him to do it more. And also it's totally not a problem / any criticism is just salt / Hurley is worse, etc.

Reaction Score
You would think an opposing coach would just tell one of his players to make some contact with him while he's on the court. Instant T.

Seems obvious, no?
I don't know, Shaka's pretty quick. He turned that guy in the clip pretty easily with no contact

Reaction Score
I love it... KO, when he was good, did similar stuff during the NCAA run.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was complaining about that when we played them last year. He looked and acted like a 6th defender. Certainly impacts his opponents eyesight

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s done this his entire career. I wouldn’t expect anyone to warn him or the referees to make it point of emphasis unless he ends up getting entangled with a player or even worse, injuring a player or impacting the outcome of a game.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This topic was in another thread. I knew Smart was animated on the sidelines. I knew the refs seemed to not get as aggravated with his animation than they do with our head coach. And honestly I rewatch a lot of games and have to believe that I would have seen something this egregious if it had happened against us, but I am going to go look after I write this post. There is no way this can be allowed. Not this close to the play. I mean this is way over the top. He is putting players at risk and himself at risk just on safety issues it has to be addressed.

Reaction Score
I knew the refs seemed to not get as aggravated with his animation than they do with our head coach.

Our coach is an to the refs. I love it--it's hilarious. But it also isn't going to lead to favorable treatment with this stuff.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, refs should be enforcing this out of the game. There’s no need for a coach to be on the floor in the same half that a team is running a half court set.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind giving benches a few extra feet on the sideline so coaches have some room to be animated and excited without stepping out on to the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom