How did you first hear about the Boneyard? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

How did you first hear about the Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So who was Adam and who was Eve?
So who was Adam and who was Eve?
For clarity and posterity sake: Stuart Levine was just the IT guy we had at the mid sized ad agency I worked at the time. I ran and developed the interactive group. It was during a time when the internet was considered more of nuisance in the world of TV dominated advertising. So in my role of running this interactive group I just usurped internal agency resources and was able to create a place holder for what became the boneyard site. Something I felt compelled to do as my daughter, left Coast Husky, was cheerleader for women's 1995 NC then became captain for men's cheerleader squad . Good times, great memories. 4 NC's later . Hooked on the Huskies...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 57

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For clarity and posterity sake: Stuart Levine was just the IT guy we had at the mid sized ad agency I worked at the time. I ran and developed the interactive group. It was during a time when the internet was considered more of nuisance in the world of TV dominated advertising. So in my role of running this interactive group I just usurped internal agency resources and was able to create a place holder for what became the boneyard site. Something I felt compelled to do as my daughter, left Coast Husky, was cheerleader for women's 1995 NC then became captain for men's cheerleader squad . Good times, great memories. 4 NC's later . Hooked on the Huskies...

Thanks. I was hoping for a smartasss response and I got a history lesson instead. I'll take it. Cheers. And Thanks.

Reaction Score
2004 SI commemoritive issue. MJim Calhoun called you looneys out for not loving Taliek. Been hooked ever since..

``He had one of the great lines. We have something called the Boneyard at UConn, a chat
icon1.png
room kind of thing. His last line tonight was, `What are they going to write about now?' He never had to be vindicated in my mind. He's one of the best point guards who ever played for UConn.''
Unfair ,
Heck if people put down Talik ,he was in good company. AJ,Kemba and Bazz all have felt the rath of the yard.
If Michael Jorden went to UConn and had an off night he would've been put down also.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Kudos, Frank. Much appreciated!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was surfing through the hartford courant message board after a rousing game of Slingo on AOL.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Not hammered, but I'm enjoying a few of these tonight.

I think I go back to the Hartford Courant board or McD's. Like most, I honestly don't remember when I joined. Sort of like a wife and marriage. No one really knows, we all just go with what is on the calendar.

Leinenkugels-Canoe-Paddler.jpg
My Sunset Wheats were going down fast last night.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
I was part of the original Husky Howl via the Courant back in '97-'98. The whacko posts of guys like Fishy, Deepster, nyhusky, et. al. drew me in. I knew if those guys could write good stuff, I could too.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Followed a Providence fan here. They said this is a real college team's forum....
Speaking of Providence, remember PC John? That asshat put the "P" into "P.U."

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That's one difference from then to now: at the dawn of the 'yard, no one cared about being "insensitive" or "offending" other peeps.
Not a good development.

Wow! This is the kinder, gentler Bone Yard!

Reaction Score
Being from a generation when we were smarter than the phone which had a rotary dial, it was a late start for me. Computers were and still are a challenge, learning I played with google a lot and was amazed.
I would punch in a word and it took me to everything from the meaning of it and to other stratosphere's of where it was used. Photos, stories and generally most of what you would want to know.
Looking to challenge google I made up a game to learn more, close my eyes and tap a letter and use three words starting with it and see what google would do. First time I hit S so I typed in sanctimonious, sarcasm and slander.
Up came The Boneyard!
A love hate relationship ever since. Some fit those words many do not. An avid all sports UCONN fan I have to make at least one stop a day to get Nans UCONN in the news updates.

Reaction Score
I'll just throw out, I have a bad memory, but the post with the link to the old Hartford board is one I remember. Bullet point style.

Reaction Score
1995 - temery was hosting a list along with huskynan, i jumped in with some comments, mainly about viewing and channels since I was living in chicago at the time

Reaction Score
I think my first handle was HuskyPortugal94 (my grad year). Once I had mustered the confidence I added a post wondering when Calhoun would retire. Obviously I got slammed pretty hard. At least i got my cherry popped early.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think my first handle was HuskyPortugal94 (my grad year). Once I had mustered the confidence I added a post wondering when Calhoun would retire. Obviously I got slammed pretty hard. At least i got my cherry popped early.

I remember having read you handle as uconnDOLT for a long time before you corrected someone. The current font is easier to read and see the "i." I also had an early post that caused me to get slammed. It taught me that one should not compare anyone on UConn to Ajou Deng.

Reaction Score
started episodic observations circa 1998 ...certainly 1999...recall stumbled into Rivals then bounced to Boneyard pretty quickly

Reaction Score
McD's site in '98. Been lurking ever since...

I moved to California and needed a way to stay connected to UConn basketball. Former handles were DC Husky & Palo Alto Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom