How can we make a tourney run if we can't win a close game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How can we make a tourney run if we can't win a close game?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
You are absolutely right. I re-heard @GemParty and his son's podcast with JC and one one of the questions was how they rebounded after a close and painful loss.

JC's response? The team needed to go on and get a bigger lead.
Thanks Zen. Our Coach Calhoun pod was my favorite conversation ever. He’s very special and we loved hearing his personal stories on The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast- Hall Of Fame Advice. I’m glad you enjoyed it!!

Reaction Score
They just dont have that guy that can make a shot when you need one. Bouknight is good but he’s streaky shooter. Happy to see Uconn in the tourney but imho we are a year away from making a tourney run with a healthy bouknight
Bouk needs another year to develop physically and leader wise. He doesn't need another year to become a very wealthy young man. That is the reality every school faces.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If we had just played Fairfield and Quinippiac we would have had two more opportunities for big games. Shame.

If we get a 1 or 2 seed, I will be the first to admit that you were 100% right that playing fewer games is better.

Reaction Score
If we get a 1 or 2 seed, I will be the first to admit that you were 100% right that playing fewer games is better.
And if we get a 15 or 16 I will concede that we should have played Fairfield to improve our positioning. Moron.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
C'mon. I get being down on Bouk (somewhat) but then we go straight to the draft raising questions of development. Let's somehow ride with the notion that we will have to work with his best interest and UCONN's best interest for the remainder of the year.

Once the year is over he can decide whether to choose generational wealth, development, and playing a game he loves professionally, v. academic, and athletic development along with playing the game he loves with his brothers and the college life as BMOC.

The only certain lottery picks who decided to come back that come to mind in the last 30 years would be Augmon-Johnson, the Florida kids who repeated mid-2000's, with Noah dropping from probable #1 to what #14? I understand it's a tough choice and college life is good but generational wealth is difficult to pass up for anyone I suspect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom