Heads Up. Iowa v. DePaul | The Boneyard

Heads Up. Iowa v. DePaul

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark and Iowa will play an exhibition game against DePaul on BIG network at 3PM tomorrow (Sunday).

We'll get an early look at DePaul to see how much worse they may be this year.
Good looking out!

the big bang theory fist bump GIF

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If outdoors as planned, might not learn so much. Last I heard was chilly and windy although they have contingency plans to move indoors.

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark and Iowa will play an exhibition game against DePaul on BIG network at 3PM tomorrow (Sunday).

Will this be on televised or streamed? Any ideas on how to watch?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It'll be so slippery both teams will be raining (snowing) threes from half court because they don't want to run full court. :D

Reaction Score

What are the rules for this? I recall D1 vs. D1 (if you think DePaul is D1) no score or stats can be kept. Is this true? Are there other rules, like no spectators, although in another post it was said it would be on TV.

Fuzzy memory, didn't UConn have such a game? I think it was referred to as a scrimmage, not an exhibition game. Is there a difference?

Reaction Score
D1 vs D1 exhibitions or scrimmages may be open to the public and media if all of the proceeds are donated to charity. One of the other rule changes are unlimited timeouts. The game is supposed to a teaching/learning tool and coaches may interrupt the action whenever they see something that is good learning experience. UConn has had closed scrimmages in the past. They are usually against a “local” team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Old school basketball for those of us that grew up in the winter in the Midwest or East Coast. That is where you find out who your true hoopers were. Get the shovel. Winter hat and gloves. Playing ball in winter boots. Good times.

Reaction Score
Didn’t DePaul have one of these against Texas last year?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I read that they have sold 48,000 tickets......if it is moved indoors, then only 15,000 get in.

Reaction Score
When Clark puts up one of her 30 ft shots the wind could be a real factor!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
When Clark puts up one of her 30 ft shots the wind could be a real factor!
Weather.com is saying 18 mph winds today in Iowa City, so it'll definitely be a factor. Maybe they can put telltales on the tops of the backboards? It wouldn't surprise me at all if Clark has practiced long shots outdoors with wind.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Old school basketball for those of us that grew up in the winter in the Midwest or East Coast. That is where you find out who your true hoopers were. Get the shovel. Winter hat and gloves. Playing ball in winter boots. Good times.
i gainned a whole new appreciation for Mackenzie Holmes when they showed footage of her practicing by herself in the driving show on the cul-de-sac in Gorham after the NCAAs were cancelled and the students were sent home from school. (I have strong Maine roots, so was already quite fond of her.)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Why would it get moved inside? It looks like a nice day there.
That is what they told the ticket buyers. 15,000 of the sold tickets were the more expensive ones; those who bought the cheaper tickets will not be allowed to attend, IF the game is moved inside.

Reaction Score

Gotta pump up the ball a bit to compensate for the cold.

Your post gave me a flashback to my Iowa small town driveway court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching... cool atmosphere, both figuratively and literally, although viewing from the upper reaches has to be binoculars-reliant.

DePaul's not likely to present much of a challenge, but it's a good workout for the Hawkeyes to get used to life without Czinano and Warnock.

It does remind me of the countless hours spent playing ball on our driveway 'court,' many times after shoveling snow and ice off the macadam.

Reaction Score
Watching... cool atmosphere, both figuratively and literally, although viewing from the upper reaches has to be binoculars-reliant.

DePaul's not likely to present much of a challenge, but it's a good workout for the Hawkeyes to get used to life without Czinano and Warnock.

It does remind me of the countless hours spent playing ball on our driveway 'court,' many times after shoveling snow and ice off the macadam.
Announced crowd of 55, 646, with proceeds going to the next-door children's hospital. Doesn't get better than that.:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom