HBO preview! | The Boneyard

HBO preview!

Reaction Score
I can't wait for this to start! I absolutely love the more in depth and behind the scenes stuff that HBO sports shows to the viewer.

Reaction Score
I don't get HBO. Hope this get made available elsewhere! I bet HBO is thrilled about this season with the win streak. I wonder if they thought they would be covering a struggling rebuilding team!

Reaction Score
I don't get HBO. Hope this get made available elsewhere! I bet HBO is thrilled about this season with the win streak. I wonder if they thought they would be covering a struggling rebuilding team!

Hopefully on the site that has all the games and Geno shows.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We have had a pretty high degree of video access to this team through SNY and the 3 Geno shows on ESPN a couple of years back. I hope HBO doesn't turn this show into something resembling its NFL series. As to the Geno post-game speech, I think his take on locker room speeches is pretty much confirmed by that performance. ;)

Reaction Score
Just saying the obvious after observing the obvious: that after his team talk, as a male, Geno has to leave the locker room.

I actually think that's an advantage. It's dramatic. He has to compress all his thoughts and emotions into his presentation, and then he needs to exit. He can't chit-chat while the players dress, which can somewhat undermine the impact of his words. His female assistant coaches can remain to reinforce, reinterpret etc. what he says. But his departure keeps intact the aura of Geno the Magician.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Signed up for HBO a few days ago so I could watch "March to Madness." Never had it before, although I was tempted once when they ran "Band of Brothers." In one sense, both series have similar themes.

Reaction Score
anybody other then me worried that this show will have the Sports Illustrated cover effect on UConn's play?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
anybody other then me worried that this show will have the Sports Illustrated cover effect on UConn's play?
I hope so, because just about every time UConn was on the cover of SI, they were in the process of winning another national championship. If anything the Huskies are the anecdote for the SI curse.

Reaction Score
Yes.

Amazon did an excellent 8-hour "Hard Knocks" type documentation of the Arizona Cardinals' highly successful 2015 season. Then, with all the same players back, plus key '15 injured players getting healthy and a couple key new additions, they crashed and burned in 2016. I'm not a huge believer in mojo, etc., but it sure seemed like there was something to it in this case.

I wonder if the HBO thing is secretly sponsored by Brenda Frese and Muffet...?

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I for one loved the promos i saw on YouTube earlier ;)

'This is why we practice The way we practice and train the way we train
you make it here YOU become the best there is."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The way some of the people on this site react to negative comments about some of the players. I suggest you not watch the show because geno is a lot more blunt then we are. So if you can't handle geno swearing at and belittling the players don't watch.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
SNY has been doing this sort of thing for years. I don't see how HBO would have any different impact.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, the SNY stuff is really well done. I enjoy every minute of it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
SNY has been doing this sort of thing for years. I don't see how HBO would have any different impact.
Much bigger audience which can only be positive for UConn in terms of expanding the Huskies fan base as well as being a great recruiting tool. I would also expect that HBO would have superior production capabilities, although SNY does a very nice job.

Reaction Score
Signed up for HBO a few days ago so I could watch "March to Madness." Never had it before, although I was tempted once when they ran "Band of Brothers." In one sense, both series have similar themes.
Band of Brothers and Pacific were both worthwhile looks. Shed a few tears for both.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity. What are everyone's thoughts about how all of this media attention , especially now with HBO, is affecting the huskies ? Do you think the players and/or coaches are embracing this constant attention ? Seems like an awful lot for these young ladies to handle, and coaching staff to manage .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity. What are everyone's thoughts about how all of this media attention , especially now with HBO, is affecting the huskies ? Do you think the players and/or coaches are embracing this constant attention ? Seems like an awful lot for these young ladies to handle, and coaching staff to manage .
It certainly hasn't affected their won-loss record.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They've had constant media attention for 20 years. Today's kids especially thrive on attention (social media anyone?), so they handle it just fine.

Reaction Score
Hey, it was just a question. And apparently a dumb one considering a couple of responses. Most pro athletes get tired of the constant media thing. So, I thougjt it might be difficult having HBO lurking around constantly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom