Happy Birthday to Juste Jocyte | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Happy Birthday to Juste Jocyte

Reaction Score
She would be a U.S. citizen unless her parents were working for the Lithuanian government at the time.

Her father was working at the Lithuania embassy. It is unclear whether her mother was.

Either way, being born in the United States means that she cannot enter the WNBA in her age 20 year under current rules so there would be no effect on her WNBA career if she tried college. Her father played junior college and NAIA basketball.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
She would be a U.S. citizen unless her parents were working for the Lithuanian government at the time.
In 1983 when my son was born at Ft Belvoir my wife was working for the German Govt in D.C. and my wife was told that he was also a German citizen, so my son got duel citizenship. We checked Immigration and Naturalization to see if this was correct and were told by INS that since he was born in the U.S., even if we both had been German he would be also considered to be a U.S. citizen until he was 18 then he would have to have declare which citizenship he would denounce. When my son turned 18 he denounced his German citizenship. I don't know if this has been changed, but I believe that it is still in effect. You are considered to be a U.S. citizen if born in the U.S.

Reaction Score
In 1983 when my son was born at Ft Belvoir my wife was working for the German Govt in D.C. and my wife was told that he was also a German citizen, so my son got duel citizenship. We checked Immigration and Naturalization to see if this was correct and were told by INS that since he was born in the U.S., even if we both had been German he would be also considered to be a U.S. citizen until he was 18 then he would have to have declare which citizenship he would denounce. When my son turned 18 he denounced his German citizenship. I don't know if this has been changed, but I believe that it is still in effect. You are considered to be a U.S. citizen if born in the U.S.

From U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services :

"Children born in the United States to accredited foreign diplomatic officers do not acquire citizenship under the 14th Amendment since they are not “born . . . subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.” DHS regulations, however, have long allowed these children to choose to be considered lawful permanent residents . . "

This has been the rule for many decades.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
From U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services :

"Children born in the United States to accredited foreign diplomatic officers do not acquire citizenship under the 14th Amendment since they are not “born . . . subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.” DHS regulations, however, have long allowed these children to choose to be considered lawful permanent residents . . "

This has been the rule for many decades.
Diplomatic services, not other Government offices.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom