Happy Birthday to Juste Jocyte | The Boneyard

Happy Birthday to Juste Jocyte

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hope she really, really likes what she's doing and doesn't burn out. Many of the best kids in Europe go directly to the pros, so don't get too excited @Kaizen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's the FIBA European U16 championship game, won by Lithuania. She's playing point guard at age 13.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wonder if USF Coach Fernandez has already offered her a scholarship. :rolleyes: Didn't he have a couple of players from Lithuania a few years back.

Reaction Score
Wiki says she "signed a deal" to play in a pro league. How would this effect her college eligibility? The NCAA would be idiots to not allow her in. Or am I stating the obvious? :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wiki says she "signed a deal" to play in a pro league. How would this effect her college eligibility? The NCAA would be idiots to not allow her in. Or am I stating the obvious? :rolleyes:
I believe as long as she doesn't get paid for playing except for per diem she is allowed to play college ball.

Reaction Score
Well, here we go again....WOW....just turned 15 and this Lithuanian girl looks like the real deal.
Amazin! I remember writing about Geno running all over Poland to land Anna...how did that turn out? Anna is still blooming. From the video, it looks like tons of wbb coaches will increase their international recruiting.
As an oldie, as many of us are, we may not get the opportunity to see Juste play in college, not wanting to be doom and gloom, just being realistic. Back in the day, when working with some top HS girls, I couldn't imagine seeing kids with that much talent. When Geno and CD eventually turn the Huskies over, the coach selected will have her or his hands full. There are some terrific young coaches out there who played under Geno. I could name a number of them, but you BYers sure know the names. The continuation of our excellence lays in the hands of the university's administration.
Now lets enjoy the fruits of Geno's recruiting and coaching with the wonderful young women on today's squad. Let us all stay safe and enjoy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe as long as she doesn't get paid for playing except for per diem she is allowed to play college ball.
Ezi Magbegor played as an unpaid pro in Canberra. After Lauren Jackson talked her into playing pro ball in Melbourne instead of attending UConn, she became a paid pro. As we know, either Anna or Nika (or both) played as amateurs in pro leagues. Juste is playing for a Tony Parker team in France, but I don't know her status.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A few of us have been corresponding with @awhom111 regarding her college eligibility. This was the response we received when we asked about her ability to play NCAA basketball.

Obviously none of us are privy to the actual arrangements, but strictly speaking, players that young are not allowed to be professional athletes in most of Europe the way that a 14 year old could be a professional athlete in the United States so any compensation she receives most likely falls under the NCAA allowable expenses for living. That said, given her accomplishments at her age, it feels unlikely that she would opt for college although the idea of the potential future female Doncic playing in college sounds fun.

Reaction Score
This young Lithuanian star just turned 15 last week. She is arguably the best player in the world at her age. She played on the Lithuanian Senior National Team at age 13!! She is barely 15 and plays as if she is 20.

MilfordHusky, does this mean that you have moved on from Azzi to Jocyte? That was a short relationship.

Reaction Score
Washington, D.C., so she should have a U.S. birth certificate. Washington is part of the U.S., right?

She would be a U.S. citizen unless her parents were working for the Lithuanian government at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom