Handicapping the 2023 Cayman Island Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Handicapping the 2023 Cayman Island Classic

Reaction Score
If you think that the combo of Paige Azzi and Aaliyah are going to loose in the islands you’ve got to be kidding me
Again I agree 200% with you. But, let me add Aubrey,Nika ,Caroline and KK. Enough said! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
  1. Let's see what happens. Like most of you, I suppose, I had rather seen this as a tournament with Quarters, Semis and Finals but it is just a classic. So, what, just play your best BB

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme, everyones favorite forecaster, has released an up-to-date bracketology. He has UConn a one seed, but changed the overall 1 seed to LSU, no surprise. One interesting thing though, UCLA is also a 1 seed, making the matchup with them very interesting and very important for the rankings. This game could actually be our biggest test for this season, but OMG, most people will not see it because Flosports has the rights to these games. ESPN, with their so called power should try to land this game. Everyone balked at UConn not playing LSU, but this game is very intriguing. I can't believe I will miss this game because of the poor quality and expense Flosports produces. Please ESPN, get the job done.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme, everyones favorite forecaster, has released an up-to-date bracketology. He has UConn a one seed, but changed the overall 1 seed to LSU, no surprise. One interesting thing though, UCLA is also a 1 seed, making the matchup with them very interesting and very important for the rankings. This game could actually be our biggest test for this season, but OMG, most people will not see it because Flosports has the rights to these games. ESPN, with their so called power should try to land this game. Everyone balked at UConn not playing LSU, but this game is very intriguing. I can't believe I will miss this game because of the poor quality and expense Flosports produces. Please ESPN, get the job done.
Everyone's!!!!! Feeling ill now.

Reaction Score
For me, the operative word is “should”! They (UCLA) definitely “should be one of the top teams But I’m gonna wait and see. I think their coach is a big question mark. She imo has a habit of doing less with more and I’m not convinced she will be able to get this team to a level commensurate with their talent. However, based on their obviously talented roster, they clearly should be among the top contenders.
The west coast should be interesting this season as Stanford seems to have come back to the pack. UCLA, obviously is loaded, Arizona has perhaps the most talented roster since Adia Barnes’ arrival,USC has JuJu, Utah is still very strong, (I don’t know about Oregon but Graves usually puts a good team on the floor) and I believe, Colorado and Washington State are not pushovers either. It seems a shame (or perhaps not) that the final season of the Pac 12 (women’s) is shaping up to be one of the most competitive in recent memory. I guess there’s something to be said for going out on a high note.

Reaction Score
This kind of made me laugh a bit. “We’re not ducking” then describes ducking.

refusing to schedule two top teams in back to back weeks isn’t unreasonable. However to me it just sounded like a lot of excuses why Virginia Tech can only play 2 good teams out of conference. They head a rather weak OOC schedule last year too I think.

I’m sorry to sound mean as I like Coach Brooks. I guess it’s unfair to compare other teams schedules with Geno’s. Really I’m just a fan who wants to see as many good matchups as possible.

I just feel like, they have a darn good roster and he is a good coach! Playing a third good team OOC wouldn’t kill them. It just comes across as being afraid of having too many Ls, except he obviously can’t go out and say that.

Edit to add the real frustrating culprit for ducking and weak schedules is far and away Kim Mulkey
Kim has become the poster girl for weak scheduling! It’s very frustrating for fans of women’s basketball who would love to see more top level matchups between the powerhouses of the game. She has done this (and gotten away with it) for years and until the seeding committees start making her pay a price by lowering her seed in the NCAAs she will continue to do it!

Reaction Score
For me, the operative word is “should”! They (UCLA) definitely “should be one of the top teams But I’m gonna wait and see. I think their coach is a big question mark. She imo has a habit of doing less with more and I’m not convinced she will be able to get this team to a level commensurate with their talent. However, based on their obviously talented roster, they clearly should be among the top contenders.
The west coast should be interesting this season as Stanford seems to have come back to the pack. UCLA, obviously is loaded, Arizona has perhaps the most talented roster since Adia Barnes’ arrival,USC has JuJu, Utah is still very strong, (I don’t know about Oregon but Graves usually puts a good team on the floor) and I believe, Colorado and Washington State are not pushovers either. It seems a shame (or perhaps not) that the final season of the Pac 12 (women’s) is shaping up to be one of the most competitive in recent memory. I guess there’s something to be said for going out on a high note.
Is Arizona that talented this year. I thought with their starters graduating besides Esmery, they may take a step back. But I like Adia Barnes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom