Hamidou Diallo Picks an AAU Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Picks an AAU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
On your bass then, he shouldnt go to Syracuse, because Boeheim is not going to be there for another 3 or 4 years.
He shouldn't go to cuse. I'm just saying this is what JB is selling. Playing in that defense is not developing players properly, but he has a record of NBA players Ollie cannot compare too.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@James From a fans perspective sure, but JB only has to mention getting them drafted. Yes the zone stunts their defensive growth, but I'm sure JB has a way of selling it, cause its been working.

Reaction Score
He shouldn't go to cuse. I'm just saying this is what JB is selling. Playing in that defense is not developing players properly, but he has a record of NBA players Ollie cannot compare too.

Except of course Ollie sells his atypical NBA experience.

Reaction Score
First, college coaches aren't responsible for how players turn out in the NBA, just get them there. Second Ollie hasn't even recruited an NBA player as our coach yet, and the only one he coached is Shabazz, who is doing next to nothing. They've put 4 guards in the NBA over the last few years, that certainly doesn't hurt.

He coached Kemba as an assistant the year he blew up. That may not seem like a big deal to a messageboard community, but that's a sales pitch he can easily make in a living room ("Kemba was barely averaging 10 ppg before I started working with him, we did this, this, this, I showed him how to do this, taught him that, told him what Larry Bird once told me about point guards when I played for him, and now look at Kemba -- he's the one over there on the wall next to the shot of me and KD").

But the photos on the wall ploy probably won't work going up against Calipari for someone.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
First, college coaches aren't responsible for how players turn out in the NBA, just get them there.
That's silly. A player would much rather play for a coach that is going to help transition his game to the NBA. College coaches are responsible for more than just getting them there.

Reaction Score
Guys, he was wearing a t-shirt. Lets relax. He is not going to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
What has me worried is that UConn has not recruited well head to head vs Syracuse in recent years. The last 3 recruiting classes, Syracuse has gotten 6 players that UConn offered and UConn has gotten 0 players that Syracuse has offered.

Reaction Score
What has me worried is that UConn has not recruited well head to head vs Syracuse in recent years. The last 3 recruiting classes, Syracuse has gotten 6 players that UConn offered and UConn has gotten 0 players that Syracuse has offered.
i

Reaction Score

Cuse offered Gilbert.

Reaction Score
Syracuse offered Gilbert and tried really hard to schedule a visit for him. He snubbed them.

In general, though, you're correct - 'Cuse have had a lot of recruiting success against us lately.

EDIT: *sigh* @tcf15 and @CallMeBruce are too fast...

Reaction Score
Haha, the best thing about the Gilbert recruitment is that Mike Hopkins publicly addressed it on twitter when he was interacting with a fan. Completely ruined any Cuse fans hopes of using the "we didn't even want him excuse".

Reaction Score
Haha, the best thing about the Gilbert recruitment is that Mike Hopkins publicly addressed it on twitter when he was interacting with a fan. Completely ruined any Cuse fans hopes of using the "we didn't even want him excuse".
Yup.

Need to point this out as well: Gilbert was our No. 1 target for 2016, and Adams for '15, and Hamilton for '14. Ollie has a track-record of landing his No. 1 target, and it's pretty clear that Diallo is his No. 1 target for '17.

That doesn't guarantee anything, of course. But IMO it's a useful data point to consider.

Reaction Score
I'm still confused how cuse is getting guys like Malachi and gaining interest from hamidou, boheim hasn't produced a noteworthy pro since melo. That was well over a decade ago. We have two max players in the last five years as well as another who picked up 3 yr 21 mill contract this season

And really, Boeheim didn't "produce" Melo. He babysat him for a season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think a fan asked him why Syracuse didn't get Gilbert on campus for a visit, and he said something like "we tried. he didn't want to."

Edit:

Are coaches allowed to comment on recruits? Couldn't this be a minor violation

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He coached Kemba as an assistant the year he blew up. That may not seem like a big deal to a messageboard community, but that's a sales pitch he can easily make in a living room ("Kemba was barely averaging 10 ppg before I started working with him, we did this, this, this, I showed him how to do this, taught him that, told him what Larry Bird once told me about point guards when I played for him, and now look at Kemba -- he's the one over there on the wall next to the shot of me and KD").

But the photos on the wall ploy probably won't work going up against Calipari for someone.

Don't forget, "I was brought in specifically to mentor Lebron and teach him to be a professional. He thinks I'm great."

For today's youth, that might be the most impactful statement of the bunch.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Guys, he was wearing a t-shirt. Lets relax. He is not going to Syracuse.

The irony of this statement is thicker than Trump's Mexican Wall.

Reaction Score
I hate a world where a thread like this exists, and i'm reading it.

No offense, of course, to the OP, or the thread participants, but it just seems so scummy. Shoe companies deciding college choices :(

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
How do we know what Ollie's true #1 target is? For all we know he casts a wide net early in the recruiting cycle and then gets a feel for what guys are showing him any interest and goes from there. I'm sure there were some guys Ollie had circled as targets that simply never showed any interest and he recalibrated. Saying he got his #1 target 3 years in a row is an empty statement in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom