Hamidou Diallo Picks an AAU Team | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Picks an AAU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The fact that there are separate circuits in AAU each sponsored by different multi-billion dollar outfitting companies and these top recruits choose them like they would a sponsor just reeks of foul play at the highest level of the sport. The best recruiters become the ones who have all the best connections within these circuits and have good relationships with the coaches of these teams who have incredible influence in where these kids end up.

Unrelated to HD or UConn for that matter but just an interesting environment for high school athletics.

Reaction Score
Going with Nike which is a good sign for UConn.

It's a sad commentary on the state of college basketball recruiting, but after the Diamond Stone fiasco you can't overlook things like this. This is indeed a good sign (or at least not a bad sign).

Reaction Score
The fact that there are separate circuits in AAU each sponsored by different multi-billion dollar outfitting companies and these top recruits choose them like they would a sponsor just reeks of foul play at the highest level of the sport. The best recruiters become the ones who have all the best connections within these circuits and have good relationships with the coaches of these teams who have incredible influence in where these kids end up.

Unrelated to HD or UConn for that matter but just an interesting environment for high school athletics.
30 for 30 Sole Man, this has been going on since the 80's.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
30 for 30 Sole Man, this has been going on since the 80's.
The Internet and explosion in popularity of basketball and it's players in marketing internationally have really made this phenomenon take off. It was around in the '80s for sure, but with Social Media and globalization of today it's a whole different beast.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Nate Blue thoughts?

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that Diamond Stone is unhappy at Under Armour U.

Reaction Score
I don't think Diallo will devolve into a Terrence Samuel-level contributor after one year of sharing the same AAU coach. Just a hunch though.

That isn't what I meant. No idea how you even interpreted it as such. Someone asked if we ever landed anyone from that aau team and the answer is t Sam and facey.

Given t sams departure and facey's lack of development and contribution on the court 3 years in, they may not exactly be the biggest promoters of the program. Same with the coach.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One of cuse other recruits also said they have "a real good chance with him" to some guy on twitter. Hopefully it's all talk.

Reaction Score
Did the Diallo camp rule out reclassifying to '16 all together?

Reaction Score
You'd like to think, "you want to play in the NBA? Playing in a zone won't help" would be enough of a pitch to sway recruits of a certain caliber. But I guess they overcome it.

Reaction Score
I'm still confused how cuse is getting guys like Malachi and gaining interest from hamidou, boheim hasn't produced a noteworthy pro since melo. That was well over a decade ago. We have two max players in the last five years as well as another who picked up 3 yr 21 mill contract this season

Reaction Score

Don't like the look on him

It's worrying, but I remember at least one Abdul-Malik Abu video where he was decked out in Uconn gear.

And then there was always Brandon Jennings...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm still confused how cuse is getting guys like Malachi and gaining interest from hamidou, boheim hasn't produced a noteworthy pro since melo. That was well over a decade ago. We have two max players in the last five years as well as another who picked up 3 yr 21 mill contract this season
First, college coaches aren't responsible for how players turn out in the NBA, just get them there. Second Ollie hasn't even recruited an NBA player as our coach yet, and the only one he coached is Shabazz, who is doing next to nothing. They've put 4 guards in the NBA over the last few years, that certainly doesn't hurt.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I think Carmelo casts a pretty long shadow. We and the media can label him a gunner, selfish, cancer, bad teammate, or as a guy that you just can't win with as a centerpiece, but his notoriety, helped by the fact he plays in NYC, would probably make him one of the 5-10 first players that one of these young kids would name if you asked them to rattle off notable NBA players.

Personally, I don't think it's at all justified, but for JB(ooger) and the rest of those orange hosers, he's probably the gift that keeps on giving.

Reaction Score
First, college coaches aren't responsible for how players turn out in the NBA, just get them there. Second Ollie hasn't even recruited an NBA player as our coach yet, and the only one he coached is Shabazz, who is doing next to nothing. They've put 4 guards in the NBA over the last few years, that certainly doesn't hurt.

On your bass then, he shouldnt go to Syracuse, because Boeheim is not going to be there for another 3 or 4 years.

Reaction Score
Tyler ennis and mcw are nothing to write home about. the point is stubbornly playing a 2-3 zone in college puts prospects behind the 8 ball when it comes to defense in the NBA, straight from the horses (waiters) mouth.

KO also played a major role in kembas absurd leap summer of 2010, tons of articles about that after he got hired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits