Great Teams find a way to win | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Great Teams find a way to win

Reaction Score
But he missed a layup and then tried to tip that miss back in and got called for basket interference. So that's a miss on the first attempt and then basket interference on the second "attempt". So shouldn't the missed layup count as a missed shot since it happened before the waved off tip in attempt? I'll check it out on the replay of the game.
I think that's considered basket interference on the first attempt. He was going to miss the first attempt but interfered with the ball before it came off the rim

Reaction Score
I listened to 15 minutes of that Titus guy’s blog and he really put it well. Purdue is a feel good story this year with how quickly that team has coalesced.

There is nothing feel good about uconn. They’re here to feed teams face first to the woodchipper and it doesn’t really matter what name is on the front of the jersey or where the game is being played right now. It really is something to watch.

Reaction Score
But he missed a layup and then tried to tip that miss back in and got called for basket interference. So that's a miss on the first attempt and then basket interference on the second "attempt". So shouldn't the missed layup count as a missed shot since it happened before the waved off tip in attempt? I'll check it out on the replay of the game.
Basket interference is called cause the ball was still over the cylinder. So the interference occurred before the shot did or did not go in. So in the box score he didn't miss, he committed a penalty that resulted in a turnover.

But to the eye test. Yes he missed.

I went back and watched it. He also bobbled the ball out of bounds off a Butler player on his previous possession. So that with the "miss" it looked like he was a little rattled but after going back to look, it was just those two minor issues coupled with getting the ball several times but not being in good position on the court to attempt to score so he passed the ball to continue the offensive set.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I couldn’t watch. Based on the box score and play by play, it seems like Butler put up a good fight for 32 minutes. 20-4 run to end the game after that.

We won 53-29 on rebounds. 18-3 offensive.

We have Adama Sanogo. They do not.

Butler has been a BE laughing stock in recent years, but going into today this was a Q1 game. It’ll probably drop to Q2 tomorrow, but maybe this Butler team can win some games

Reaction Score
Did I just completely make up a sequence in my head, or did Clingan miss a layup and then get called for offensive goaltending? Why on his statistics is he 2-2 on field goals?

Reaction Score
I think that's considered basket interference on the first attempt. He was going to miss the first attempt but interfered with the ball before it came off the rim
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Clingan was very impressive as well but you just can’t run an offense through him the way you can Sanogo.
I agree. Clingan is very smooth in rebounding and shooting. What a luxury Hurley has. Their was a game were Donavon played 7 less minutes than Adamo and had better all around stats. I love them both.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Terrible shooting and still win by 22 on the road against a good team. It was weird, it was tight, tight, tight and I thought it might go down to the end of the game like that and suddenly UConn is up 18. Sanogo put the team on his back. Nice to see Alleyne have some success scoring.
Edited to add 20 assists on 28 made field goals. That's good right?
Also, we rarely got to the charity stripe. If I remember, at half we didn't see foul shooting.

Reaction Score
He said it kind of matter of factly. Didn't sound like he was doing it to be disrespectful of the other team and I don't think he was trying to be funny. I think he was just answering a question in a language that's not his native language. Jackson and Hawkins thought it was funny though.

Wow, that was a finger wag.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If your comeback stops at a 4 point differential with 8 minutes to go, and then get taken by by 22 points. The refs are not the issue.
LOL Back a few games ago when we were on ESPN the announcers were raving about us and one of them said after another explosion of points (sic.) " Just as I have been watching them go on one of these incredible runs I look over and see Andre Jackson and (two other very good names I can't remember) getting ready to come in." That was his OMG moment about this team. Summed it up perfectly!

It seems like there are moments in each game where you just become speechless. :)

Reaction Score
Yeah I wasn't in the chat tonight. And I was referring to the many over the top message commented thrown towards Alleyne in threads from a couple weeks ago
If you read through the Alleyne thread you’ll see that 95-100% of the posts were supportive. Pribably closer to 100% IMO, with an outlier or two.

Reaction Score
If you read through the Alleyne thread you’ll see that 95-100% of the posts were supportive. Pribably closer to 100% IMO, with an outlier or two.
I mean there weren’t any “ guy” posts, but there were a lot of posts calling for him to be benched or his minutes drastically reduced. Always felt a bit odd given his track record but it definitely happened.

Reaction Score
Hurley: “the recipe travels. Dominate the board, play elite defense, and be high assist team!” Looks like Hurley is carpenter turned chef!

Reaction Score
There was a negative Alleyne thread before the positive Alleyne thread.

(At least the first thread started negative and it felt like that carried through more than it should have.)

Reaction Score
Usually ESPN and media types give no love until deep in the tourney. This year will be different.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It seemed pretty fair reffing though. It wasn’t overly skewed one way or the other. Bad maybe. Inconsistent half to half definitely (as you said). But not detrimental to either team.
We shot a grand total of 4 FTs. Butler shot 13. Not quite as balanced as you may think.

Reaction Score
Yeah I wasn't in the chat tonight. And I was referring to the many over the top message commented thrown towards Alleyne in threads from a couple weeks ago
On the other hand, some of us were glad they were running plays for him and thrilled to see him make a couple shots against LIU, to help him get his confidence back.
The more guys we have that are capable and confident, the more likely we'll have the season we've been hoping for for the last 9 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom