Great Teams find a way to win | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Great Teams find a way to win

Reaction Score
Did the miss lead to an offensive goaltending call? Cause that happened.
That's what I was thinking. I know he missed a shot or two cause he looked rattled from missing a bunny put back that he was used to making all season. The commentator even mentioned him missing after being perfect the last game

Reaction Score
The box score says he was 2-2 from the field but I swear he missed a layup. I remember saying something to my son about how he has pretty good touch around the basket and almost never misses bunnies like that. Anyone else remember this? Or maybe I'm just getting old. Lol
Yes he missed a bunny then got called for goaltending.

Reaction Score
Nah, don't let the people off the hook for wanting Alleyne benched ... Def felt like they were out there. Someone started an entire thread to bash him.
Took the words out of my mouth or fingers. I definitely saw a fair share of posters saying that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's what I was thinking. I know he missed a shot or two cause he looked rattled from missing a bunny put back that he was used to making all season. The commentator even mentioned him missing after being perfect the last game
Yup, that's what I remember also. Whatever. Just was wondering if my mind is going. :)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn beat a likely NIT team by 22 on the road. About what I would expect from a Top 5 team.
Snappily-penned post, but I disbelieve the "about what I would expect" part.

Did watching it bring you any deligh?

Reaction Score
The box score says he was 2-2 from the field but I swear he missed a layup. I remember saying something to my son about how he has pretty good touch around the basket and almost never misses bunnies like that. Anyone else remember this? Or maybe I'm just getting old. Lol
yeah i remember him missing a bunny

Reaction Score
He did, he missed a layup and got called for basket interference trying to tip his miss in. The boxscores have been a mess all season.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice how bad the clock operator was? On that Butler possession to end the first half, the charge was called at 20.3 seconds, yet the clock operator let 5 full seconds run off before the clock was stopped. Not sure that constitutes an advantage per se; it was just very JV.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nah, don't let the people off the hook for wanting Alleyne benched ... Def felt like they were out there. Someone started an entire thread to bash him.

By the time Butler cut it to 4, many of those in the chat room were demanding multiple players get benched. It is hard to single out which demand was the most ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He did, he missed a layup and got called for basket interference trying to tip his miss in. The boxscores have been a mess all season.
If that’s the case (i only saw the second half), he gets a turnover and the shot attempt is wiped out - the theory being the shot hadn’t officially “missed” yet if the ball was still in the cylinder.

Reaction Score
By the time Butler cut it to 4, many of those in the chat room were demanding multiple players get benched. It is hard to single out which demand was the most ridiculous.
Yeah I wasn't in the chat tonight. And I was referring to the many over the top message commented thrown towards Alleyne in threads from a couple weeks ago

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And it was great when you kept inserting, "Chill. I'm expecting a 22-point margin. This is a Top 5 team on the road against a likely NIT team."

Reaction Score
I read the title of this thread and laughed - This phrase is usually uttered when a good team kinda grinds out a close win over a bad team.

WE SMOKED THEM. 22 points! And they are pretty good!

This team is kinda nuts. I know people have been comparing them to other years I see 98/99 team - the sum is greater than the parts

Reaction Score
He said it kind of matter of factly. Didn't sound like he was doing it to be disrespectful of the other team and I don't think he was trying to be funny. I think he was just answering a question in a language that's not his native language. Jackson and Hawkins thought it was funny though.

Cold as ice bro lmfao

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I read the title of this thread and laughed - This phrase is usually uttered when a good team kinda grinds out a close win over a bad team.

WE SMOKED THEM. 22 points! And they are pretty good!

This team is kinda nuts. I know people have been comparing them to other years I see 98/99 team - the sum is greater than the parts
Well yeah, but when the home crowd got loud and Butler cut the lead to 4, it felt like it was going be the too-close-for-comfort road win that some posters predicted in the Game Score thread, but then things got away from them and it ended up 22.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looking at the box score, one thing that jumps out is that we allowed 4 offensive rebounds on 38 misses. 4. That is insanely good cleaning up the glass.
Also, they were very wary of the UConn break.

Reaction Score
Our shooting was abysmal, and we still destroy them in crunch time.

This team has too many ways to win. Too many weapons--it's just a matter of finding the right lineup.
No free throws really either.

Reaction Score
If that’s the case (i only saw the second half), he gets a turnover and the shot attempt is wiped out - the theory being the shot hadn’t officially “missed” yet if the ball was still in the cylinder.
But he missed a layup and then tried to tip that miss back in and got called for basket interference. So that's a miss on the first attempt and then basket interference on the second "attempt". So shouldn't the missed layup count as a missed shot since it happened before the waved off tip in attempt? I'll check it out on the replay of the game.

Reaction Score
@auror Can you please continue picking UConn to lose every road game this season?
I said it last week with Florida that games like that are a good gauge of how good a team is. Those are upset specials and so is a game like last night. Especially last night. On the road first conference game against a decent squad? Youre just begging for an upset. But good teams come out and put that ish to bed. Both road tests and we`ve passesd with flying colors by a total win differential of 40+ points. Im feeling really good about this team because they are showing me things that remind me of the great teams of the past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba22

Top Bottom