Great Paige Article (merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Great Paige Article (merged thread)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This will mean that fewer people around the country will be able to watch UConn play, including fewer potential recruits. How is that a good thing?
Actually I believe that UConn will be on National TV more than what they are currently on ESPN. The only games that ESPN has on are games against P5 powerhouse teams. The only UConn AAC game that they cover is the USF game and the tourney. Next year the AAC will have the majority of their games on ESPN+, while the Big East will have 4 to 6 games a week of conference play on National TV. If I remember correctly the Big East Tourney is on Fox Sports One and Two and they covered every game.

Reaction Score
Actually I believe that UConn will be on National TV more than what they are currently on ESPN. The only games that ESPN has on are games against P5 powerhouse teams. The only UConn AAC game that they cover is the USF game and the tourney. Next year the AAC will have the majority of their games on ESPN+, while the Big East will have 4 to 6 games a week of conference play on National TV. If I remember correctly the Big East Tourney is on Fox Sports One and Two and they covered every game.
I was thinking more about games that are streamed for free by ESPN through its deal with SNY (although I confess I am a bit fuzzy on what arrangements are currently in place between ESPN and SNY now that I get SNY directly via YouTube TV).

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was thinking more about games that are streamed for free by ESPN through its deal with SNY (although I confess I am a bit fuzzy on what arrangements are currently in place between ESPN and SNY now that I get SNY directly via YouTube TV).
That would be an agreement between SNY and ESPN to broadcast them on ESPN3. It also may end up that Fox and CBS cover more UConn games because of the higher ratings they would get over other Big East teams.

Reaction Score
Would hate to lose the SNY contract and all the extra content they provide that a network like Fox and CBS won't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom