2021 Recruiting: - Good Article on AJ Griffin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Good Article on AJ Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well if we're talking about top 5-10 recruits where we're going head to head against Duke and Kentucky I would agree, not sure we've ever gotten a single one of those kids. The top ranked kids we've ever gotten are Drummond (hometown kid who was always coming here) Rudy(beat out Maryland) Donyell (Cuse and Maryland) Charlie V (Illinois and Kansas) Bynum (UNC) Caron (not Duke and UK.) We are still relevant and that will become pretty clear next year when we're back in the Big East. As for Cliff he's always wanted Kentucky with us being a second backburner option, Akok Akok was a higher ranked recruit though.
Dean Smith was after Donyell as I recall.

Reaction Score
Dean Smith was after Donyell as I recall.
Never heard that but maybe at some point. Donyell was going to Syracuse before they got in trouble, then was all set to go to Maryland but they wouldn't take him because of academics. Luckily the McDonald's game was in Springfield and he decided to take the car ride over to Storrs. He fell into our lap like several of our best ever players.

Reaction Score
Never heard that but maybe at some point. Donyell was going to Syracuse before they got in trouble, then was all set to go to Maryland but they wouldn't take him because of academics. Luckily the McDonald's game was in Springfield and he decided to take the car ride over to Storrs. He fell into our lap like several of our best ever players.
Who recruited him at Maryland, was that still Lefty or Sweatball?

Reaction Score
you clearly have no clue what sophistry means. You said all 6 players went to their hometown/state schools when only three of them went to their hometown/state school and Jalen Green isn't going to his hometown/state school. This isn't debatable no matter how hard you try, you're just gaslighting.

and you said only 3 of them went to their hometown schools when stewart and cunningham OBVIOUSLY have a hometown connection to the school they chose. it's the same thing tough guy. your splitting the bologna reallll thin.

even if you disagree somehow- UConn isnt hiring the brother of any top 10 recruits or hiring a new coach that's been recruiting a top 10 recruit for years. So using them as examples doesnt help your argument that "if they can do it UConn can too." at all.

i also specifically omitted green other than for the fact you cant use him as an example.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
and you said only 3 of them went to their hometown schools when stewart and cunningham OBVIOUSLY it's the same thing tough guy.
In English, please...and yes only 3 of them went to their hometown/state school no matter how many times you try and say 6 did. I just read your post from this morning and you are now changing it to 5 of 5 went to their hometown/state school.

At this point I don't even think it's gaslighting which makes it scarier.

Reaction Score
and you said only 3 of them went to their hometown schools when stewart and cunningham OBVIOUSLY have a hometown connection to the school they chose. it's the same thing tough guy. your splitting the bologna reallll thin.

even if you disagree somehow- UConn isnt hiring the brother of any top 10 recruits or hiring a new coach that's been recruiting a top 10 recruit for years. So using them as examples doesnt help your argument that "if they can do it UConn can too." at all.

i also specifically omitted green other than for the fact you cant use him as an example.
Stewart went across the entire country and not to his hometown school. If anything this disproves your point since it shows elite kids willing to choose a school based on a strong relationship, something Hurley is definitely capable of

Reaction Score

You can keep editing your posts. My argument is that only 3 of the players went to their hometown/state school, yours is that all 6 went to their hometown/state school. I'm correct, it's 3 and it will remain 3 after Jalen Green picks a school which won't be his hometown/state school.

Reaction Score
In English, please...and yes only 3 of them went to their hometown/state school no matter how many times you try and say 6 did. I just read your post from this morning and you are now changing it to 5 of 5 went to their hometown/state school.

At this point I don't even think it's gaslighting which makes it scarier.
you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-think-it-37224536.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog