2021 Recruiting: - Good Article on AJ Griffin | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Good Article on AJ Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Not sure we have much of a chance with him since Duke and Kentucky are prioritizing him. Either way this is a great article detailing his game and his outlook as a prospect.

Reaction Score
I think we do have a chance. A better season and a show of consistency can really began to shift things in our favor with many of these top recruits.

Reaction Score
well at least hurley didnt waste any time with him

Last edited:
Reaction Score

speaking of top 10 tri-state talents. not a northeastern school in the bunch.

Reaction Score
The reality is that we will not be in the conversation for high end 5 start talent until Hurley arrives on the national stage. There is just no way a 5 star kid with a real scholarship offer from Duke and Kentucky is picking us in 2019. The way back to the mountain top will be via player development.

Reaction Score
The reality is that we will not be in the conversation for high end 5 start talent until Hurley arrives on the national stage. There is just no way a 5 star kid with a real scholarship offer from Duke and Kentucky is picking us in 2019. The way back to the mountain top will be via player development.
Screenshot_20191106-165436_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20191106-165401_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
@superjohn BE EASY ON HIM!!!

not sure what his point was with those snapshots... was it that teams like UConn can beat out Duke and UK for top 10 talent? because all the players listed above just went to their hometown/state school:

wisemen- from memphis
edwards- from georgia
mobley- from southern cal
cunningham- brother is an OK St assistant
stewart- from rochester and was recruited by Hopkins when he was a Cuse assistant
green- undecided

i guess we can hope CT starts producing a top 10 player every year

Reaction Score
not sure what his point was with those snapshots... was it that teams like UConn can beat out Duke and UK for top 10 talent? because all the players listed above just went to their hometown/state school:

wisemen- from memphis
edwards- from georgia
stewart- from rochester and was recruited by Hopkins when he was a Cuse assistant
green- undecided

3 of the 6 went to their hometown school.

Reaction Score

wisemen- from memphis
edwards- from georgia
green- undecided

He made a post that UConn can't get 5 star talent now and mentioned Duke and Kentucky. Obviously there are 5 star talents going to schools other than Duke and Kentucky. I thought showing the top 3 players from each class not going to Duke and Kentucky would have been fairly easy to follow but since you think 3 of the top 6 kids going to their hometown/state school is 6 of the top 6 kids going to their hometown/ state school I was mistaken.

Screenshot_20191106-224132_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm more interested in getting good, four star talent that has less of an inflated ego and more of a chance of sticking around for 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
He made a post that UConn can't get 5 star talent now and mentioned Duke and Kentucky. Obviously there are 5 star talents going to schools other than Duke and Kentucky. I thought showing the top 3 players from each class not going to Duke and Kentucky would have been fairly easy to follow but since you think 3 of the top 6 kids going to their hometown/state school is 6 of the top 6 kids going to their hometown/ state school I was mistaken.

View attachment 47836
I apologize for what may have been a lack of clarity in my original post. My point was not that UConn cannot snag a high 4-star/ low 5-star recruit given the right circumstances nor was it that Duke and Kentucky get their pick of the litter, no questions asked. My point is that for any one of us, blue-blooded UConn fans, to believe that our program in 2019 has a chance in hell with recruits of the AJ Griffin, Jonathan Kuminga, and Terrance Clarke caliber when going head to head with the NBA factories that are Duke and Kentucky is lunacy. For example, it's common knowledge on this board that the only real way we have a shot at Cliff is that he never gets the green light from Kentucky to take up their scholarship offer. This could of course change but our pitch in 2019 (young, up and coming coach, exciting conference realignment, great facilities) is not enough to attract recruits from the elite tier who will not only look for what we can offer but also seek to join a winning/relevant program that pumps players into the NBA. Simply put, that is just not what we can offer right now.

Reaction Score
3 of the 6 went to their hometown school.
Duke and Kentucky would have been fairly easy to follow but since you think 3 of the top 6 kids going to their hometown/state school is 6 of the top 6 kids going to their hometown/ state school I was mistaken.

lolol pure sophistry. if anything it's 5/5. Green is undecided so you cant use him as an example to support your argument.

Mike hopkins started recruiting Stewart back when he was an assistant at Cuse- his hometown school so the connection stuck

OK st hired Cunninghams BROTHER- that's a hometown connection if there ever was one

i would think these connections would have been fairly easy to follow but i was mistaken....

PS- what are you trying to imply with the akok photo? there isn't a recruit like him coming out of CT every year (as i said) and he wasnt a top10 talent to begin with

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I apologize for what may have been a lack of clarity in my original post. My point was not that UConn cannot snag a high 4-star/ low 5-star recruit given the right circumstances nor was it that Duke and Kentucky get their pick of the litter, no questions asked. My point is that for any one of us, blue-blooded UConn fans, to believe that our program in 2019 has a chance in hell with recruits of the AJ Griffin, Jonathan Kuminga, and Terrance Clarke caliber when going head to head with the NBA factories that are Duke and Kentucky is lunacy. For example, it's common knowledge on this board that the only real way we have a shot at Cliff is that he never gets the green light from Kentucky to take up their scholarship offer. This could of course change but our pitch in 2019 (young, up and coming coach, exciting conference realignment, great facilities) is not enough to attract recruits from the elite tier who will not only look for what we can offer but also seek to join a winning/relevant program that pumps players into the NBA. Simply put, that is just not what we can offer right now.
Well if we're talking about top 5-10 recruits where we're going head to head against Duke and Kentucky I would agree, not sure we've ever gotten a single one of those kids. The top ranked kids we've ever gotten are Drummond (hometown kid who was always coming here) Rudy(beat out Maryland) Donyell (Cuse and Maryland) Charlie V (Illinois and Kansas) Bynum (UNC) Caron (not Duke and UK.) We are still relevant and that will become pretty clear next year when we're back in the Big East. As for Cliff he's always wanted Kentucky with us being a second backburner option, Akok Akok was a higher ranked recruit though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
lolol pure sophistry. if anything it's 5/5. Green is undecided so you cant use him as an example to support your argument.

Mike hopkins started recruiting Stewart back when he was an assistant at Cuse- his hometown school so the connection stuck

OK st hired Cunninghams BROTHER- that's a hometown connection if there ever was one

i would think these connections would have been fairly easy to follow but i was mistaken....

PS- what are you trying to imply with the akok photo? there isn't a recruit like him coming out of CT every year (as i said) and he wasnt a top10 talent to begin with
You clearly have no clue what sophistry means. You said all 6 players went to their hometown/state schools when only three of them went to their hometown/state school and Jalen Green isn't going to his hometown/state school. This isn't debatable no matter how hard you try, you're just gaslighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom