Get Your Rutgers Tickets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Get Your Rutgers Tickets

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As a RU fan I'll respond here. Read Uconn threads on the RU board and you'll find the vast majority never want to play UConn again. I'm one of those by the way. I'm not sure why I feel this way but it partly has to do with the short history we had with you as opposed to SU, Pitt, WVU etc. You are not a football school but you are a very good bball school. That's where your admin needs to focus.
I will give Rutgers credit for one thing:
The men's basketball team's coaching staff has coached many quality players over the years. In fact, I believe those players have earned more than $200 in their collective NBA careers.

Reaction Score
Lifelong NJ resident other than four years at UConn. Even have a grad degree from RU and was a football season ticket holder for a number of years. That's some perspective to show I'm not an RU hater. That said, your post is useless. Nothing wrong with people coming to another team's website. And it doesn't even have to be nice stuff. But you needed to post to say that UConn is a very good basketball school? We're not a football school?

I mentioned that I was a season ticket holder at RU. That included some horrible years, and the best years of RU football. Even the best years weren't as good as RU fans think. UConn at its apex was just as good as RU at its. And while the history was short, UConn has a winning record vs. Rutgers. Then again, so do WVU, SU, Pitt, etc. (by the way, I didn't look that up, but it's just such a safe assumption I figured I'd just go with it). Rutgers was given the golden ticket based on our densely populated state and lack of our own TV market. But the football team still sucks and the department is hemorrhaging money. Maybe your admin should focus on wrestling or lacrosse.

This isn't to claim UConn is great or that we'll reach our apex again, but I'm hoping we're heading in the right direction. I'd love for the teams to play, but don't see it happening. Welcome to the other RU fans.
Rutgers leads the series with UConn 22-11.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yes, but that is exactly what consignment means.
Consignment is essentially “leasing” shelf space for a product where the “rent” is collected every time the product is sold to a retail customer. The risk is solely on the manufacturer because they have to finance and create the inventory with no down payment and no guarantee of retail sales. The only risk the store takes on is giving up shelf space.

What Dr. Who is describing is a wholesale transaction where the retailer pays a wholesale price upfront and the manufacturer sells their product to the retailer.

While there is obviously still risk here with a buyback clause (which you can buy insurance to cover) wholesale is much better for the manufacturers cash flow. Although, the manufacturer would make more money with consignment, because they take on more risk.

I am going through product placement (not with a big box store, but a local retailer) for one of my companies right now. We are taking the wholesale route for less $ per unit instead of the consignment route which would double our profit if it all sells through. But if it doesn’t sell through it puts us on the hook to eat the production costs of whatever doesn’t sell. While we don’t have a buyback clause in our wholesale agreement, it’s not uncommon for there to be one with big box retailers like Costco or Walmart.

Reaction Score
Rutgers leads the series with UConn 22-11.
Yup. I acknowledged and clarified in a subsequent post. The quick search (sloppy research) returned a 6-5 UConn lead. That was from UConn's FBS move. Doesn't change my response to "RU." No issue with Rutgers or many of its fans, just the bad ones. We don't have any of those :).

Reaction Score
Consignment is essentially “leasing” shelf space for a product where the “rent” is collected every time the product is sold to a retail customer. The risk is solely on the manufacturer because they have to finance and create the inventory with no down payment and no guarantee of retail sales. The only risk the store takes on is giving up shelf space.

What Dr. Who is describing is a wholesale transaction where the retailer pays a wholesale price upfront and the manufacturer sells their product to the retailer.

While there is obviously still risk here with a buyback clause (which you can buy insurance to cover) wholesale is much better for the manufacturers cash flow. Although, the manufacturer would make more money with consignment, because they take on more risk.

I am going through product placement (not with a big box store, but a local retailer) for one of my companies right now. We are taking the wholesale route for less $ per unit instead of the consignment route which would double our profit if it all sells through. But if it doesn’t sell through it puts us on the hook to eat the production costs of whatever doesn’t sell. While we don’t have a buyback clause in our wholesale agreement, it’s not uncommon for there to be one with big box retailers like Costco or Walmart.
Good review! Unlike you as a manufacturer Football Tickets are easy to consign and put on a shelf. Minimal packaging cost and no real cost in manufacturing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

From what I remember, in a consignment relationship, the consignor maintains ownership until the item is sold by the consignee. Calling it "essentially rent" is neither correct nor incorrect. Stating that the manufacturer (or in this case, supplier) maintains full risk is absolutely correct and the major driver in a relationship such as this.

Unless I missed something in his further posts, I don't see Dr Who claiming that Costco paid a wholesale price upfront. My position (I believe he generally confirmed this) is that Costco won't pay anything until after the ticket is sold.

While it is of a tremendously smaller scale (also, not including cold solicitation), this is somewhat similar to a fulfillment house attempting to peddle magazine subscriptions.

Reaction Score
"And while the history was short, UConn has a winning record vs. Rutgers."

RU vs UCONN since 1979: RU-7 wins, UConn 6 wins (Apparently both became major college football at the same time in 1979)
All-time record: RU 22 wins, UConn 11 wins

If we played you now who do you think would win? Quit making up stats.

You guys have really never accomplished anything in football. Even with all the recruiting success on paper in the Big East you weren’t better than us. Even being terrible the last 10 years you still haven’t eclipsed anything we have done.

We’ll play anyone. Even Rutgers the accidental B1G school who runs a bigger sports budget deficit than us; which is a major accomplishment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom