Get Your Rutgers Tickets | The Boneyard

Get Your Rutgers Tickets

Reaction Score
You can also get Oregon, Louisville, South Carolina, Fresno State as Costco as well. You can also purchase NY Yankee tickets.

Reaction Score
I mean that's a pretty good sales tactic to be fair. Rutgers sells a certain allotment of tickets so they already get the tickets money. Costco would be a great place to pick up a bunch of tickets for a single game at a good price.

Reaction Score
…at Costco
And the problem with this?
No attack @Huskygrad88 ..... I could care less if UConn was selling tickets at McDonald's, the Goodwill or Cumberland Farms if it put's fannies back in the seats.
As for those that poke at Rutgers, they are in a way better place than us right now. Again no attack at a fellow fan but have forever wanted home and home with them every year. It was developing into a good rivalry, close enough for fans of both schools to travel.
It's a gotta have a gimmick world and revenue is revenue and we ain't getting it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I mean that's a pretty good sales tactic to be fair. Rutgers sells a certain allotment of tickets so they already get the tickets money. Costco would be a great place to pick up a bunch of tickets for a single game at a good price.
I have a strong suspicion that there is some form of consignment involved. Costco is too good at their business to risk losses on what would in fact be a perishable item.

Reaction Score
I have a strong suspicion that there is some form of consignment involved. Costco is too good at their business to risk losses on what would in fact be a perishable item.
They get a large discount by buying in bulk. I used to work at Costco it's literally how all their buyers work. They use the name and the buying power to force companies to sell at very low costs so they can keep costs down for members. They have wording in their contracts where if things don't sell well the vendor is responsible to pay for Costco's losses on those items. But in this case, I'm thinking it works like a gift card where there's no loss on either's part.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
They have wording in their contracts where if things don't sell well the vendor is responsible to pay for Costco's losses on those items. But in this case, I'm thinking it works like a gift card where there's no loss on either's part.
How is this not a form of a consignment sale? What you are describing states that Costco will only incur costs if a sale is made.

Reaction Score
They get a large discount by buying in bulk. I used to work at Costco it's literally how all their buyers work. They use the name and the buying power to force companies to sell at very low costs so they can keep costs down for members. They have wording in their contracts where if things don't sell well the vendor is responsible to pay for Costco's losses on those items. But in this case, I'm thinking it works like a gift card where there's no loss on either's part.
Fine by me, but.................................I don't want UConn reporting paid attendance of 20,000, selling 15,000 tickets directly to the public and 5,000 to Costco, if Costco then only sells 1,000. That's 16,000 paid attendance in my book.

Reaction Score
Fine by me, but.................................I don't want UConn reporting paid attendance of 20,000, selling 15,000 tickets directly to the public and 5,000 to Costco, if Costco then only sells 1,000. That's 16,000 paid attendance in my book.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Costco isn't buying these tickets and re-selling them. Likely some sort of revenue share on tickets sold.

Reaction Score
And the problem with this?
No attack @Huskygrad88 ..... I could care less if UConn was selling tickets at McDonald's, the Goodwill or Cumberland Farms if it put's fannies back in the seats.
As for those that poke at Rutgers, they are in a way better place than us right now. Again no attack at a fellow fan but have forever wanted home and home with them every year. It was developing into a good rivalry, close enough for fans of both schools to travel.
It's a gotta have a gimmick world and revenue is revenue and we ain't getting it.
Agree, UConn was becoming the rival Rutgers has not had since we stopped playing Princeton. It's too bad they don't play anymore.

Reaction Score
How is this not a form of a consignment sale? What you are describing states that Costco will only incur costs if a sale is made.
Majority of the stuff sells in Costco. There's very few items that have ever invoked that part of the contract. Costco has a hugely lower customer base with thousands of warehouses not just nationally but across the globe. Getting your foot in the door with that clause is a risk a lot of companies would be willing to make just based on how many people that can get access to right off the bat. Costco plays the game well behind the scenes. It's why they are always so fiscally strong every year.

Reaction Score
Greetings all. I would like to see a series with UCONN renewed. Nothing wrong with selling tickets from Costco. I saw someone or 2 actually defend the idea. Shame you guys aren't in a p5. Would love yo see you guys rule the ACC.
It's a great way to get more people to game. The tickets are most likely cheaper than at the box off due to Costco buying in bulk. It's really a win win for both parties involved.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Majority of the stuff sells in Costco. There's very few items that have ever invoked that part of the contract. Costco has a hugely lower customer base with thousands of warehouses not just nationally but across the globe. Getting your foot in the door with that clause is a risk a lot of companies would be willing to make just based on how many people that can get access to right off the bat. Costco plays the game well behind the scenes. It's why they are always so fiscally strong every year.
I'm not questioning that but, you did not answer my question.

Reaction Score
I'm not questioning that but, you did not answer my question.
Majority of the time they either mark down the product and the vendor has make up the difference (which they cover with an insurance claim) or Costco returns the unsold product for a full refund. It's usually the latter as to not burn bridges.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Majority of the time they either mark down the product and the vendor has make up the difference (which they cover with an insurance claim) or Costco returns the unsold product for a full refund. It's usually the latter as to not burn bridges.
Yes, but that is exactly what consignment means.

RU

Reaction Score
As a RU fan I'll respond here. Read Uconn threads on the RU board and you'll find the vast majority never want to play UConn again. I'm one of those by the way. I'm not sure why I feel this way but it partly has to do with the short history we had with you as opposed to SU, Pitt, WVU etc. You are not a football school but you are a very good bball school. That's where your admin needs to focus.

Reaction Score
As a RU fan I'll respond here. Read Uconn threads on the RU board and you'll find the vast majority never want to play UConn again. I'm one of those by the way. I'm not sure why I feel this way but it partly has to do with the short history we had with you as opposed to SU, Pitt, WVU etc. You are not a football school but you are a very good bball school. That's where your admin needs to focus.
Lifelong NJ resident other than four years at UConn. Even have a grad degree from RU and was a football season ticket holder for a number of years. That's some perspective to show I'm not an RU hater. That said, your post is useless. Nothing wrong with people coming to another team's website. And it doesn't even have to be nice stuff. But you needed to post to say that UConn is a very good basketball school? We're not a football school?

I mentioned that I was a season ticket holder at RU. That included some horrible years, and the best years of RU football. Even the best years weren't as good as RU fans think. UConn at its apex was just as good as RU at its. And while the history was short, UConn has a winning record vs. Rutgers. Then again, so do WVU, SU, Pitt, etc. (by the way, I didn't look that up, but it's just such a safe assumption I figured I'd just go with it). Rutgers was given the golden ticket based on our densely populated state and lack of our own TV market. But the football team still sucks and the department is hemorrhaging money. Maybe your admin should focus on wrestling or lacrosse.

This isn't to claim UConn is great or that we'll reach our apex again, but I'm hoping we're heading in the right direction. I'd love for the teams to play, but don't see it happening. Welcome to the other RU fans.

Reaction Score
Rutgers Football had a 4 year stretch very recently where they did not even score in over 20% of their games. Awesome football school you got there.

RU

Reaction Score
"And while the history was short, UConn has a winning record vs. Rutgers."

RU vs UCONN since 1979: RU-7 wins, UConn 6 wins (Apparently both became major college football at the same time in 1979)
All-time record: RU 22 wins, UConn 11 wins

If we played you now who do you think would win? Quit making up stats.

Reaction Score
"And while the history was short, UConn has a winning record vs. Rutgers."

RU vs UCONN since 1979: RU-7 wins, UConn 6 wins (Apparently both became major college football at the same time in 1979)
All-time record: RU 22 wins, UConn 11 wins

If we played you now who do you think would win? Quit making up stats.
You're right in one sense on the overall record. I had only done a quick search and the first thing that popped up was that UConn leads 6-5. I see that is since UConn went FBS, which is a pretty good measure of how the schools would do if put in similar situations. University of Connecticut Athletics Football History vs Rutgers University. That being said, we aren't in the same situation financially and won't be in the foreseeable future.

Doesn't change anything I said though. You brought nothing to the conversation. You came on someone else's board and threw weak shade. Add to it that many of the posters in this thread actually disagreed with the original poster's statement that selling tix at Costco was a bad thing. So this wasn't even an anti-RU thread.

"If we played now who do you think would win?" UConn has been horrid in football for a number of years. That's why we fired our coach and got a new one. Just like RU has done many, many times before. So who would win this year? I'd have to go with RU. Who would win 5 years from now? No idea. Because Rutgers has never had sustained success. I have a ton of friends that are RU fans and/or have kids there. Great people. I don't root against RU, but nobody needs to make up stats to bring a troll RU fan down a notch. You know... glass houses and all.

Reaction Score
@RU No attack just conversation. You say.......
I'm not sure why I feel this way but it partly has to do with the short history we had with you as opposed to SU, Pitt, WVU etc.

Hard to understand someone that does not know ...... I'm not sure why I feel this way.

Your school is no longer playing any of those schools as they have had the good fortune of stepping in the golden pile of conference poop. Do you miss those teams? Rutgers, UConn was developing into a good rivalry in a proximity for reasonable home and home travel for both schools fans. What's not to like?

Rutgers has had the good fortune of a yearly pay day without having to earn it and to the victors go the spoils. Members of The Big 10 conference that still does not recognize four of their teams. Head bang
So much for higher education.... ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom