Georgetown | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Georgetown

Reaction Score
Absolutely insane! 25 points? i don’t see how anyone except G-town saw that one coming. I’m flabbergasted.
They outshot Creighton 46% to 28% and just as important out rebounded Creighton by 16. Bishop had just 2 pts for Creighton and Jefferson had 5. Unlike UConn, Georgetown’s defense on Creighton’s interior players was exceptional.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Congrats to GTown what a run. And more congrats to the freshman Harris for MVP of the tourney well done.
Congrats is right. I would like to know what buttons Ewing pushed. A team with losing record, a team we beat twice easily won the Big East and going to the dance. Incredible. Goes to show you about the Big East.

Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind that Creighton paid for the win with UConn. One only has to look at RJ Cole face to know what a fight that was.

Reaction Score
Congrats is right. I would like to know what buttons Ewing pushed. A team with losing record, a team we beat twice easily won the Big East and going to the dance. Incredible. Goes to show you about the Big East.
Ewing can teach rebounding, boxing out, interior defense, etc. Hurley needs a bigs coach, what’s Okafor, Josh Boone, or Jake doing nowadays.

BC81D149-6B39-455D-95CE-A52D9EEF3CF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not taking anything away from GTown, but I believe Creighton was spent after our game. It took everything they had to beat us.
Georgetown out rebounded them and then some, Bishop was held to 2 points and Jefferson had 5. Big difference from our game.

Reactions: VCE
Reaction Score
Ewing can teach rebounding, boxing out, interior defense, etc. Hurley needs a bigs coach, what’s Okafor, Josh Boone, or Jake doing nowadays.
We were one of the best rebounding teams in the conference this year. We outrebounded our opponents by 5 per and averaged 3 more blocks per game. Sanogo has improved a lot since the season started. Whaley was defensive co defensive player of the year. Our staff is doing a nice job

Reaction Score
We were one of the best rebounding teams in the conference this year. We outrebounded our opponents by 5 per and averaged 3 more blocks per game.
Not against Creighton. They killed us on both ends of the court under both baskets.

Reaction Score
Not against Creighton. They killed us on both ends of the court.
I'll admit our team had a bad game. But I stand by my assessment that our coaches are doing great work with our bigs

Reaction Score
The Big East will be much bigger with a UConn - Georgetown rivalry. Ewing was the perfect choice to fill JT's position. Not many schools get it right on the first try, but GTown did.
Wait, like 3 weeks ago weren't most people saying he was in over his head as a coach?

Reaction Score
Probably spending all that NBA money. But yes, I completely agree on the need for a bigs coach. I don't know of an alumnus off the top of my head. Donny likes his TV gig and has gotten really good at it. Don't see Donyell stepping away from his HC gig in state. IDK what Travis is doing these days.

Reaction Score
Probably spending all that NBA money. But yes, I completely agree on the need for a bigs coach. I don't know of an alumnus off the top of my head. Donny likes his TV gig and has gotten really good at it. Don't see Donyell stepping away from his HC gig in state. IDK what Travis is doing these days.
Donyell got fired last week, FYI

Reaction Score

Clyde Vaughn, one of our best big coaches in the program has disappeared after his arrest. Not sure what he's up to now. It's sad that no one has given him a shot elsewhere if he hasn't landed anywhere.

We'll see how the other coaches (Kfree/Tom Moore?) handles the bigs. I think he's done a great job with Sanogo at least and Whaley has made strides as well. Carlton has been more serviceable than in the previous season. In the end, however, it's more about desire of going after the ball and that's really something you can't teach.

Reaction Score
Clyde Vaughn, one of our best big coaches in the program has disappeared after his arrest. Not sure what he's up to now. It's sad that no one has given him a shot elsewhere if he hasn't landed anywhere.

We'll see how the other coaches (Kfree/Tom Moore?) handles the bigs. I think he's done a great job with Sanogo at least and Whaley has made strides as well. Carlton has been more serviceable than in the previous season. In the end, however, it's more about desire of going after the ball and that's really something you can't teach.
Vaughn was the assistant I was referring to in the Hilton - Whaley thread. Hilton blossomed under his coaching, as well as Calhoun and Leitao.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom