Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
“UConn won’t win because number 1 never wins”. They all seemed in agreement. But scared at the same time. I said god must be a UConn fan or something these days. They didn’t like that lol. Cant wait to take it to them Georgetown fans. They just think they suck. Probably true. I don’t think UConn needed their best effort today. Was a Bachmans turner overdrive kinda game if you know what I’m saying

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Ed Cooley is such a good coach, why do we seem to spend so much time arguing about it? Shouldn’t it be obvious if someone is good? It isn’t.
It’s because he’s friends with the media and some fans buy into narratives easily. He was good for a providence level program, he did nothing that warranted a Georgetown level promotion.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I find that very surprising.................

Your claim that Georgetown has fans.

Reaction Score
It’s because he’s friends with the media and some fans buy into narratives easily. He was good for a providence level program, he did nothing that warranted a Georgetown level promotion.
On what planet if Georgetown a promotion. They have been bad to horrible for almost 20 years and good but not great for 40. Georgetown got more mileage out of a 4 year run with 1 championship than most schools do in their history. They don’t even belong on the same page as UConn. But compare them with someplace like Syracuse who has been to the Final Four every decade since the 70s and they fall short.

Poe

Reaction Score
Makes what Pitino has done at St. Johns’s this year more impressive when you compare to the disaster of a season Cooley has had at Georgetown. He will get a few years to right the ship but I didn’t think they’d be this awful.

Reaction Score
Another insight from the game. If UConn missed two straight free throws then everyone in the crowd won $20 Uber eats coupon. Well Donovan was at the line just missed one and seemed like he missed the second on purpose to give everyone free Uber eats. I like to think he wanted to feed ppl. Beast

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I suppose Hoya fans might be happy with three tourament wins in 12 years at this point

It's a smart career path to take over rock bottom programs with very low expectations

Reaction Score
Another thing on the fix list is Newton making 3s. He hasn't made 1 in the last 4 games if I recall correctly
His right hand seemed to be even more heavily wrapped than it was last time i saw it. Not sure what's going on there. Hopefully it heals up soon.
We saw the difference a wrapped hand made with Alex. It's a HUGE difference.

Reaction Score
Again, Cooley's salary is a blogger's guess and not confirmed by anyone. It's likely much lower.

Hoya fans are not happy about ANYTHING right now.

Reaction Score
Makes what Pitino has done at St. Johns’s this year more impressive when you compare to the disaster of a season Cooley has had at Georgetown. He will get a few years to right the ship but I didn’t think they’d be this awful.
SJ playing close but losing a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom