Georgetown Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3970.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That was fun lol. Georgetown is reaaaaaaaaaaally bad
  • Georgetown must hate Karaban. The dagger 3 last year and two 25+ point performances this year
  • Great game by Castle living at the hoop. He was trying to rip the rim down today and was also 1-2 on his threes (would be 2-3 but got thrown a grenade on a shot clock violation)
  • Sometimes I forget how high Samson can jump. Some of those dunks were SCARY
  • Epps averages 18 points a game. He scored 4
  • I'm very excited to see what Stewart does in the next 1-2 years
UConn came out ready to fight and didn't look past Georgetown despite their records. Love to see that, go Huskies!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kind of disappointed we played them only even in the 2nd half, but that may be a factor of having such a huge lead, and credit to Georgetown. 2nd half seemed like a total parade to the FT line. we ended up shooting only 58%. Not our best effort there.

Tremendous game by Karaban especially in the first half. Seemed like he couldn't miss. And some really nice minutes from Johnson. Glad to see Stewart getting important minutes too. And loved seeing Castle show off what he does best. Also had a nice 3 called off due to an off the ball foul by UConn. Seems like all his work on the 3 has paid off...

I wondered why Clingan spent so much time on the perimeter - not just setting screens, but passing and hanging out in that area, then I saw he had 6 assists, and some of them were really awesome. Spencer makes so many great decisions too. Not a huge scoring game for him, but he's really good with the ball.

And some great defense on Epps.

All around fun game. Pound town in the first half and never looked back. This team is awesome!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Gentleman Dan keeps Huskies under 90, like keeping it under 100 against Xavier.

Looking for the game when Stewart converts the 'almosts' into stats. It's coming.

One more: 27 bench points, if I added correctly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Castle has quietly become one of our more consistent scorers. Love what he brings in his ability to get into the lane and go get a bucket. And continues to show enough outside shot that teams are having to play farther out.

Karaban continues to be a complete killer.

Offense got pretty stagnant in the second half but not super surprising (or concerning) given the total lack of competitiveness of the score at that point.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
That was too easy, we're special

And Ed Cooley is the most overrated coach in NCAA history. 3-7 in the dance, one second weekend appearance

Anyone know why this guy is treated like he walks on water? I don't get it. If he did for UConn what he did at PC, we'd be calling for his head

But as Ed has said, he is rich

Reaction Score
That was too easy, we're special

And Ed Cooley is the most overrated coach in NCAA history. 3-7 in the dance, one second weekend appearance

Anyone know why this guy is treated like he walks on water? I don't get it. If he did for UConn what he did at PC, we'd be calling for his head

But as Ed has said, he is rich
Cooley is a d1k but he did a great job at Providence.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Georgetown’s first half performance was one of the most pathetic halves I can remember seeing from a Big East team. Against Xavier we played great. Today, they were just horrible. How many times can you leave someone wide open in the middle of the paint?

Reaction Score
Our team is starting to remind me of Tark's early 90's teams. Men amongst boys.

Reaction Score
Georgetown’s first half performance was one of the most pathetic halves I can remember seeing from a Big East team. Against Xavier we played great. Today, they were just horrible. How many times can you leave someone wide open in the middle of the paint?
Did you see all of the quitting and finger pointing on defense? They didn't look they wanted to be there. Cooley has his hands full to build a winning culture. Georgetown has been horrible for so long.

Reaction Score
61% from the field. 58% from the line.

Even Karaban missed a FT. DC was 2-6. Time to keep DC after practice.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice win. Probably biggest home crowd for Georgetown this season.

Reaction Score
Not a pretty game to watch especially in the 2nd half. I loved how Hurley called that TO up 25 and dogged them for going through the motions. FT line was kind of ugly and Clingan seems to not be consistent on offense. Good to Karaban look healthy and Castle rebound from a sub-par game for him. Stiil the game was never in doubtt. Now on to Depaul for a chance to go 13-1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom