Geno's Frustrations | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno's Frustrations

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It is also possible that Paige might be struck by lightening, hit by a bus, or abducted by an alien spaceship.
defiantly not hit by a bus, I do buy the alien though. Maybe lightening but a bus, nope.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The bolded stated is not correct. The WNBA's age limit is 20 for "international players" and 22 for U.S. players, both also being measured as of December 31 of the calendar year of the draft.
I didn’t realize that. So, theoretically, Anna or Nika could go to the WNBA earlier than the rest of their class. I’m not saying that they will, I’m just saying in theory they could, apparently.

Reaction Score
Lol
1) has any player gone pro before finishing her junior year? I recall VAs Schuye Larue going to Europe. And a Rutgers player — maybe E Prince? Point is it almost never happens. And the most obvious person who could’ve gone after her frosh year — Stewie — stayed for 4.
2) Paige made a big deal of wanting to play with Azzi. Now she is gonna be here and PB Is gonna leave after 0 or 1 years together?
3) Paige still has a lot to learn from Geno.
4) do you want to make money now or do yo want to be a historic great with a Bird/Taurasi type career? I suspect Paige is playing the long game.
5) with the exception of Diana, most UConn players are pretty academically inclined. Lack of interest in school is one reason players leave early.
6) kids from poorer families might feel more pressure to earn $ sooner. Seems like the Bueckers are pretty middle class and there wouldn’t be that kind of concern

she’ll be eligible for the W after her junior year and leaving then is plausible, but before then? I put it at <5%.
Probably <1%

I was talking Europe, not the W. The salaries in the WNBA, even with the new CBA, are probably not worth anyone leaving school early. But Europe pays very good money, and it's virtually certain that a Paige would get a contract in the hundreds of thousands.

Times change. It used to be unthinkable for college men to leave early. Until it wasn't. Now no top male players remain in college past a year, or two years at most.

Has to be thinking of it.

Reaction Score
Buckets is (IMO) not the type of person to leave early for the pros. She made a commitment to Geno and her teammates. I expect her to honor that commitment. The riches and notoriety that comes from the W, will still be there after her senior year.

No one will ever leave early for the W. But if you're going to Siberia for half a million a year, and, perhaps a guaranteed three-year contract? Or two-year contract? Paige has already injured her ankle, an injury that has hobbled her for, what, three weeks? Injury is always a threat that can destroy a career. Megan Walker left a year early, giving up the opportunity to play alongside Paige....

I'm guessing that the go-pro-Europe questions will grow if Connecticut wins it all this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom