Geno needs to show the #1 high school players of the year more love. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Geno needs to show the #1 high school players of the year more love.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I remember we couldn't even get a high school player of the year to commit to UCONN,and now that we're on a rollercoaster of winning National Championships, you decide to sit the best player in the country.?! I know he has his own philosophy, however, people tend to forget that these girls are between the ages of 18 to 22 years old. Their mentality is I want to play, and I'm seeing all the other girls that I played against in high school getting a lot of playing time and shining on the division 1 level, and I'm sitting on the bench.?! I don't care what Meagan Walker says during her interview, when players of her status go back to their hometown they are not happy. It's embarrassing, and there's a lot of questions that's being asked from friends and family members that they just don't know how to handle. Put your arrogance to the side and play the girls. We ,the fans, want to see them play.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Have you heard the below? I first heard it at the Tanglewood concert for John Williams’ 80th birthday. Fabulous!

Speaking of John Williams, did you know the famous daaaaaa DAH daaaaaaa DAH shark theme from Jaws is played by a tuba rather than a baritone horn? Williams thought it would sound more ominous if played by the deeper low brass. An amazingly talented tuba player must have played that theme to hit such high notes.

Jim Self

"Tuba player Jim Self is the "musical voice" of the mothership in the climactic scene when the big ship comes down on Devils Tower. Steven Spielberg and John Williams chose the tuba as the voice of the mothership because the difficulty of playing the instrument added a human characteristic to the aliens."

2nd Google search result for "Close Encounters of the Third Kind Tuba Player"

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) - Trivia - IMDb
Tommy Johnson is who I was thinking of. He did the work in Jaws.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Oh, Lordy! I have arrived on another planet. Always knew it would happen and it would be here.

OK I'll buy that, but this is in response to which particular post? Who has the other worldly thought process?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Agree, sort of like 2Cellos...except we have 2Tubas here. :D

The things you guys come up with. Killer cellos! What happens when the families have a war, string quartet stranglers, brass knucklers, percussion cappers? :);)

Reaction Score
I remember we couldn't even get a high school player of the year to commit to UCONN,and now that we're on a rollercoaster of winning National Championships, you decide to sit the best player in the country.?! I know he has his own philosophy, however, people tend to forget that these girls are between the ages of 18 to 22 years old. Their mentality is I want to play, and I'm seeing all the other girls that I played against in high school getting a lot of playing time and shining on the division 1 level, and I'm sitting on the bench.?! I don't care what Meagan Walker says during her interview, when players of her status go back to their hometown they are not happy. It's embarrassing, and there's a lot of questions that's being asked from friends and family members that they just don't know how to handle. Put your arrogance to the side and play the girls. We ,the fans, want to see them play.

I don't mean to offend you at all, and I apologize in advance if I do, but this could be the single worst post I have ever read on this forum.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
425.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member