Geno’s comments on the recruits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno’s comments on the recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's not JuJu. Could it be Laila Reynolds? Or are you thinking Quanirah Cherry-Montague? She's been flying under the radar. Or is it back to Europe?
Don’t have a clue, and it may just be Geno having a little fun. I guess we’ll know one way or the other in a week or so.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I thought Geno's "we're not done yet" comment was made prior to Jana going
public with her decision". So...IF he is still looking for one more, could Juste
Jocyte be that ONE?
Keep in mind that Jana arrival and an Aubrey's return already puts the roster at 14 for next season. I'd gladly take
Juste Jocyte but with the college WBB landscape and portal the way it is these days that would limit UCONN's flexibility and make it almost impossible to maintain 15 happy campers-AKA not enough playing time.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From a recruiting class ranking perspective, I just reviewed the Top 100 recruits and while Hoopgurlz does not rank outside of North America, this class puts us Top 3 with LSU and Arizona. Stanford and SC are 4/5 pending the announcement of JuJu who could put them on top.

ND has one lonely recruit while Louisville and Tennessee have ZERO so that is a shift in where top talent is going.

NC and Duke have added some top players.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Geno’s most intriguing comment, after he praised his 4 incoming recruits was, “We’re not done yet. We still have another week.” Whether that’s meaningful or simply a throw away line, it’s worth mentioning that there are still 8 unsigned ESPN 100 WBB players in the class of 2023 plus several highly touted internationals. Stay tuned.

I thought Geno's "we're not done yet" comment was made prior to Jana going
public with her decision". So...IF he is still looking for one more, could Juste
Jocyte be that ONE?
Geno did state the "we're not done yet" prior to Jana committing. I believe that they are done for this recruiting period because they have already posted the "Welcome to UConn to the Class of 2027".

Reaction Score
There are very few if any elite shooters in each US HS class. And shooters like Fudd and Bueckers are extremely rare. It's the hardest skill in the game to be elite at. However, UConn is recruiting 3 very good shooters in the 2024 class in Ziebell, Prince, and Imari Berry who reportedly has an offer from UConn. All are good but IMO not in the Fudd/Bueckers class.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There are very few if any elite shooters in each US HS class. And shooters like Fudd and Bueckers are extremely rare. It's the hardest skill in the game to be elite at. However, UConn is recruiting 3 very good shooters in the 2024 class in Ziebell, Prince, and Imari Berry who reportedly has an offer from UConn. All are good but IMO not in the Fudd/Bueckers class.
This first part is probably going to hurt (sorry @Mdoggie) but one of the most attractive things about Ciera Toomey (the best thing actually) when she was a UCONN prospect was that she is also an elite shooter reportedly shooting 67.2 percentage from the floor in her junior senior. This percentage is even more remarkable because roughly 1/3 of her FGA were coming from behind the 3pt line. At her size Toomey is going to be a tough cover at the next level just based on that skill set alone. This next part is going to cut deeply as it already has for me. Just imagine for 1 second Paige, Azzi and Toomey (3 elite shooters) on the floor at the same time for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Geno’s most intriguing comment, after he praised his 4 incoming recruits was, “We’re not done yet. We still have another week.” Whether that’s meaningful or simply a throw away line, it’s worth mentioning that there are still 8 unsigned ESPN 100 WBB players in the class of 2023 plus several highly touted internationals. Stay tuned.
In a recent interview didn’t Geno state that he was recruiting a multi sport player (basketball and softball)?

Reaction Score
This first part is probably going to hurt (sorry @Mdoggie) but one of the most attractive things about Ciera Toomey (the best thing actually) when she was a UCONN prospect was that she is also an elite shooter reportedly shooting 67.2 percentage from the floor in her junior senior. This percentage is even more remarkable because roughly 1/3 of her FGA were coming from behind the 3pt line. At her size Toomey is going to be a tough cover at the next level just based on that skill set alone. This next part is going to cut deeply as it already has for me. Just imagine for 1 second Paige, Azzi and Toomey (3 elite shooters) on the floor at the same time for UCONN.
Sad sad sad! You are correct @CocoHusky my heart still hurts. I really wanted her at UConn. Not for want I thought I saw but for what her future under Geno and Chris could be. She was to me Stewardest.

Reaction Score
C'mon man! You just had to go there didn't you?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In a recent interview didn’t Geno state that he was recruiting a multi sport player (basketball and softball)?
He did. Although he was probably NOT talking about the class of 2023. Most likely he was talking about Britt Prince wh is quite the multi-sport athlete:
  1. A state champion middle-distance runner (800 M)
  2. A member of soccer team that finished second at the state soccer cup tournament
  3. Placed 30th in Class B at state cross country championship[p
  4. A member of the softball team
  5. Ranked #10 Nationally in the class of 2024 by ESPN Hoopgurlz.

sun

Reaction Score
Yes. After the 6:25 mark in this video he does say that, but we don't know which class the recruit is in.
And when he says "We", it's not exactly known if the player is being recruited by him for basketball or by UConn for softball.
He does say that they're one of the best players in the country who plays basketball & softball.
And earlier he was asked if he would ever recruit a player who wasn't specializing in only a single sport.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh boy, Juste is coming next, I predict. If she does.......... 'the sky is the limit'!

Reaction Score
Did I miss something. I thought he said that after the first 3 signed their LOIs, and we were assuming Jana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom