Geno’s comments on the recruits | The Boneyard

Geno’s comments on the recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn's success in Women's BB is Geno's ability to size up the recruits and pick the best fit for his program. That's why he has won 1,149 games and only lost 150. Uconn has been in good hands since 1985 and give credit to Chris Daley , the best Asst coach in Women's BB. Continued success in the future. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Uconn's success in Women's BB is Geno's ability to size up the recruits and pick the best fit for his program. That's why he has won 1,149 games and only lost 150. Uconn has been in good hands since 1985 and give credit to Chris Daley , the best Asst coach in Women's BB. Continued success in the future. GO HUSKIES!!!
best Associate Head Coach

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey and the Hall of Fame honor: Obviously she is deservedly in the
Women's HOF in Knoxville. I do think she should [and maybe will] wind up in the
HOF in Springfield. I don't know if there are currently any associate/assistant coaches in that
HOF...I'm guessing 'no'. Certainly there are no women elected from that non-head coach
position.

That HOF rightfully has welcomed folks from all over the world...with members from a variety of categories...players/head coaches/contributors. Chris Dailey should be the first from her own category...
associate/assistant coach...to be elected. Nobody has done more to honor our game without the
head coach label.

Nominate her...elect her... and have Geno present her. Heck...he will have alot of practice in that
role. Future HOF'ers from that category may not be many...but Chris should be THE FIRST.

Reaction Score
Yep. That’s why she’s a Hall of Famer.

She has been the glue that holds it all together for years and the one constant besides Geno in working with the awesome talent that has come through Storrs but I wonder if she has any regrets that she never got the opportunity to be a head coach. I would have loved to see her as HC at one time I thought she'd succeed Geno at Uconn but they seem destined to start and end together

Reaction Score
Great clip.
One major/minor takeaway for me.
Near the end of it is a brief view of Ayanna moving and in her defensive stance.
She is going to be a BEAST on our defensive end.
Lethal.
Shut down.
Bring on Morrow.
And then Boston.

Reaction Score
Great clip.
One major/minor takeaway for me.
Near the end of it is a brief view of Ayanna moving and in her defensive stance.
She is going to be a BEAST on our defensive end.
Lethal.
Shut down.
Bring on Morrow.
And then Boston.
I’m so with you on this. Part of what makes Morrow so effective is that she’s so strong and relentless. Opposing bigs just get tired of the shoving match under the rim. Ayanna’s got this same ability. She’ll wear defenders out too, and she even seems to relish grappling under the rim with opponents. I’m really looking forward to the DePaul games. If she responds well to Morrow, then Saxton and SC better lookout. Aaliyah Aubrey Ayanna Dorka may be their most formidable challenge.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek: Geno is going to cut Paige and Azzi?
Mixed Martial Arts No GIF by UFC

Reaction Score
Geno's a builder more than a farmer. He works with what he has. Plus, team culture depends on a feeling of loyalty that comes from the top a well as the middle and the end of the bench. I'm sure he lets kids know if they might have a better future elsewhere. But that's not slash-and-burn agriculture.

Reaction Score
I Agree.
Come to UCONN with talent- learn-move up the food chain and become the best you can be.
And, oh yeah…
Receive a top notch education.
Receive the best training and coaching in the country.
Get multiple shots at the big prize.
Play in front of larger crowds than WNBA players.
I’ll stop there…..

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno’s most intriguing comment, after he praised his 4 incoming recruits was, “We’re not done yet. We still have another week.” Whether that’s meaningful or simply a throw away line, it’s worth mentioning that there are still 8 unsigned ESPN 100 WBB players in the class of 2023 plus several highly touted internationals. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Geno’s most intriguing comment, after he praised his 4 incoming recruits was, “We’re not done yet. We still have another week.” Whether that’s meaningful or simply a throw away line, it’s worth mentioning that there are still 8 unsigned ESPN 100 WBB players in the class of 2023 plus several highly touted internationals. Stay tuned.
It's not JuJu. Could it be Laila Reynolds? Or are you thinking Quanirah Cherry-Montague? She's been flying under the radar. Or is it back to Europe?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Qadence Samuels might be that shooter:

Per Geno:
I think she's one of the better shooters coming out of this class. She's a really impressive shooter and she's not adverse to mixing it up and she wants to take big shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom