GamedayConnor appreciation | The Boneyard

GamedayConnor appreciation

Reaction Score
What is your guy's opinion on the in game host Game day Connor? He also is the host for uconn wbb, uconn football, and the Hartford yardgoats. I personally think he is great and entertaining. Would love some thoughts on this.

Reaction Score
What is your guy's opinion on the in game host Game day Connor? He also is the host for uconn wbb, uconn football, and the Hartford yardgoats. I personally think he is great and entertaining. Would love some thoughts on this.
Welcome to the Yard Connor ;) I think you do a great job!

Last edited:

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I wish they would do away with him or the outdated music. Both would be a Christmas miracle

Reaction Score
My son said he does a great job and doesn't get paid enough.

This place will complain about everything. Literally. SMH.

Reaction Score
He does motivate some in the crowd but it's a shame that he is even necessary. Feel like there is more energy when it is spontaneous and that doesn't occur as frequently as it did back in the day. I just don't feel like we need to blow our own horn (basketball capital of the world banner), comes off as cheesy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Makes us seem like an up and coming school. One without tradition. It also confirms that we need him because our fans sit in their hands. A lot needs to change
We do seem to meander a little bit about our traditions. The UCONN chant after a big play is, in my slightly biased opinion, one of the best cheers in college basketball. You just got your asses handed to you on the court and then you have a stadium full of people doing that cheer, it’s got to be demoralizing. On the other hand, the random UConn… Huskies chant during gameplay seems misplaced to me. But that’s just nitpicking.

So, not to go all “old guy” here, but personally, I would rather hear more of the band, than canned music during the game. That is such a uniquely college thing, it just feels special, or at least unique.

Sometimes I think the school, and particularly AD Dave, seem to be unaware of our existing traditions, and instead look to create new ones which seems to me to be a fool’s errand like when we ripped off NC States Wolfpack thing or when we abandon our unique white husky logo in favor of a generic looking one.

Reaction Score
i was pretty skeptical of him (to say the least) at first, but it's pretty clear that he cares about the team and is doing his best, so he has grown on me a bit.

do other high-major colleges not have this type of in-game programming? i see it across pro sports and mid-major cbb, but haven't spent a ton of time in other high-major arenas.

Reaction Score
Can not stand him.. The student section might need a Pavlov dogs approach. The adults do not. We know the flow of the game,

Reaction Score
He is...
Parks And Recreation GIF by PeacockTV

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Random question I'll throw into this thread because it's somewhat along the same lines: is Big Red still going to games? We had one authentic UCONN chant last night, but I couldn't find him in the crowd.

Reaction Score
I don’t need to be entertained , I understand many do. I’m there to watch the team play basketball. Except for red panda. When red panda is there I’m all in.
I agree but in between I think they gotta have something in between timeouts.

Like even when they honor ex players they do it half assed.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I agree but in between I think they gotta have something in between timeouts.

Like even when they honor ex players they do it half assed.
We can trot so many out, I actually enjoy it’s not a big deal. I met thabeet and Caron at ok st game this year. Shook both hands. Don’t need to hang shirts when oak or Caron or hash is there. We sat close to oak at msg for a Syracuse game at msg a couple years ago. He’s there to cheer like you and me. 1/2 the time these guys are like us. They are Huskies and Husky fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom