GamedayConnor appreciation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

GamedayConnor appreciation

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Seems to me the whole thing with Connor and how we organize game day and where we place students etc. caters much more to old fans than young. Hate to break it to you but Connor isn’t for the younger fans.

They seem to respond well to him on game day

I don’t think anyone would oppose students leading the cheers, so let them lead the way. Hopefully being back on top of the basketball world will bring out the best in them

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Really? We’re trashing gamedayconnor? Saturday needs to hurry up…
LOL, as long, as we are critiquing, who would utilize their first post in the middle of an epic season, to creates thread to talk about a hype man? It was completely predictable that it would generate negative comments.

Reaction Score
Need a solid UConn hype video to play before the game and maybe during timeouts
The pregame intro video this year is pretty meh. I think the video content itself is fine but the song doesn’t really get the crowd amped.

I do love the videos that they do in the 2nd half showing highlights vs Big East teams, but in the one they did vs Nova they didn’t show RJs game winner last year or Kembas game winner from 2011 which I thought was strange.

Reaction Score
I think when he stretches out the names (Dannnnnnnnnn Huuuuuuuurrrrrrrlllllleeeeeeyyyy) it kind of kills the noise people are making. I mean you can't hoot holler and whistle for that long. By the time he's done with the dang name everyone has just about run out of noise.

The other complaint I have is: can they spare the T-shirts and hats? I mean you have a better chance of winning Lotto.

On the subject of entertainment, who remembers those big blowup things where the guy inside the blowup would turn upside down and hop around? Weirdest thing ever.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I think Connor is great.
Of course the jaded, know-everything fans don't appreciate him, but he fills an important role – keeping everyone involved and entertained while also running promotions that bring in cash to the programs. You should go and talk to him sometime and see what a nice guy and true fan he is. He often hangs out at the bar area during half time. He is working to give the events a well-rounded personality. Go, Connor!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t need to be entertained , I understand many do. I’m there to watch the team play basketball. Except for red panda. When red panda is there I’m all in.

Basically, yep. He’s fine. Cheerleaders are fine. Dance team is fine. Shooting tee shirts at people is fine. Everything is fine. I don’t pay any attention to any of it.

But Red Panda is overrated. She’s there for the easily amused - they can replace her with a dog chasing frisbees or a free throw shooting contest or 15 minutes of dead silence. All the same to me.

Reaction Score
I think when he stretches out the names (Dannnnnnnnnn Huuuuuuuurrrrrrrlllllleeeeeeyyyy) it kind of kills the noise people are making. I mean you can't hoot holler and whistle for that long. By the time he's done with the dang name everyone has just about run out of noise.

The other complaint I have is: can they spare the T-shirts and hats? I mean you have a better chance of winning Lotto.

On the subject of entertainment, who remembers those big blowup things where the guy inside the blowup would turn upside down and hop around? Weirdest thing ever.
I do like how he does that sound effect with the microphone though -

We stand until we sCO-OR-OR-OR-OR-OR-ORe

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Basically, yep. He’s fine. Cheerleaders are fine. Dance team is fine. Shooting tee shirts at people is fine. Everything is fine. I don’t pay any attention to any of it.

But Red Panda is overrated. She’s there for the easily amused - they can replace her with a dog chasing frisbees or a free throw shooting contest or 15 minutes of dead silence. All the same to me.

The Drama on whether Red Panda will drop plates or not is unmatched. Because she does.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn plays better when Red Panda is performing at halftime.

She performed a bunch in 2014 before we went on a run.

Also performed mid-last year during the Marquette game, which helped turn the season around.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn plays better when Red Panda is performing at halftime.

She performed a bunch in 2014 before we went on a run.

Also performed mid-last year during the Marquette game, which helped turn the season around.

Don’t care.

She’s one of those things that you have to pretend to like because everyone else seems to.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Don’t care.

She’s one of those things that you have to pretend to like because everyone else seems to.
You're in the extreme minority here.

The entire audience is captivated when she's out there, which is hard to do for timeout entertainment.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Still not a fan of an MC games (I’m an old man) but give credit where due.
I yelled at Connor at halftime telling him to give a few kids in our section some t-shirts.
Well he marched up to our section and personally delivered them. Some happy young fans. A really classy move.
Thank you Connor!

Reaction Score
Still not a fan of an MC games (I’m an old man) but give credit where due.
I yelled at Connor at halftime telling him to give a few kids in our section some t-shirts.
Well he marched up to our section and personally delivered them. Some happy young fans. A really classy move.
Thank you Connor!
I don’t think anyone ever said a bad thing about Conor as a person. The entire MC thing just blows. Not really his fault.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You're in the extreme minority here.

The entire audience is captivated when she's out there, which is hard to do for timeout entertainment.
You are correct. Fans love it. I’ve actually never seen anything like it. She was at the BE tourney last year and got the same response.

Reaction Score
Went to a kids baseball all star game in New Britain where the Rock Cats played and they announced each batter’s name on the PA system. Out of the first 18 batters 16 were named Connor. The other 2 were Chase.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He seems like a good guy. Personally I'd prefer to get the band more involved on GameDay, but I'm a music nerd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom