Gamecocks November | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks November

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Kinda hard to claim Grissett as one of "the" Herbert-Harrigan and Harris replacements, when she didn't even start the game. Destanni started at PG. Yes, Coach Staley has stated that the day may come when Lele could play PG, but Henderson was slated as the heir apparent to Ty even last season, if not as a freshman in 2018-19....
I wasn't saying she was the starter. I stated she played in the Harris vacancy several times during the game. This..."what will happen with Harris and Herbert-Harrington gone" has been answered. I have stated many times this team could actually be better than last years team. I stand by that statement.

Reaction Score
I wasn't saying she was the starter. I stated she played in the Harris vacancy several times during the game. This..."what will happen with Harris and Herbert-Harrington gone" has been answered. I have stated many times this team could actually be better than last years team. I stand by that statement.

no. The “what will happen” has not been answered in this scrimmage. Let’s revisit that question after the NC State game.

the only joy I took from this game was seeing E. Russell in action.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
no. The “what will happen” has not been answered in this scrimmage. Let’s revisit that question after the NC State game.

the only joy I took from this game was seeing E. Russell in action.
Yes it was....this was a "real" game and even though it was a "scrimmage" in your mind. The facts remain that it would have looked the same if Harris and Herbert-Harrington had played. Saxon was actually as good a player as Herbert -Harrington even last season. Grissett was as good as Herbert-Harrington also and she has the moxie to replace Harris if need be. The bench is stronger and the girls have another year in the program. These girls are much better this year...yes....this has been answered in a very factual way. I will agree that Russell looked smooth and confident and that just adds to the argument that Harris and Herbert-Harrington, though good, will not be missed as the season progresses. Russell might be the icing on the cake to another title.

Reaction Score
Yesterday’s game is a bad one to be making grand pronouncements about the potential of this team. It was a glorified exhibition and C of C’s lack of abilities had a very steroidal affect on USC’s performance. USC played a cupcake and they destroyed them like the cupcake they are, and that’s a good thing.

Lele is no PG, and certainly not a replacement for Ty. She’s is not the ball handler or floor general that Ty is. Lele also has yet to show that she can hit shots away from the basket like Ty could, as she still gets her offensive production under the rim. Yes, Dawn feels comfortable having her bring the ball up the court, but against better, more pressing defenses, you want the ball in Henny, Zia, or Eniya’s hands. Lele is no more a PG than Tina Roy or Cliney who Dawn also allowed to handle the ball at times.

It’s crazy to say Ty and Kiki Herbert-Harrigan won’t be missed. I have no worries that LA and Saxton will cover a great deal of what Kiki did when it comes to rebounding and blocks. It’s Kiki’s ability to stretch the floor with her uncanny jump shot that we’ll likely miss. Kiki wasn’t a volume 3 pt shooter, but she hit enough, and at a 44% clip, to know she was a weapon and you did it at your own peril if you cheated away from her to double or triple on Boston. Vic has yet to exhibit that ability while LA has shown potential, hitting 7 of 13 from deep last year.

And to keep things shorter, there will be plenty of times when not having Ty running and leading the team will show up, subtle in most cases, glaring in a few. Luckily having Destanni to move into her place is about as good a replacement you can have.

Lastly, Eniya showed me she definitely is a true PG. I see what those people who saw her play in HS were talking about when they intimated she was being slept on. She showed me enough, even against weak comp that she has the handles, the shooting touch, and the basketball smarts, to grow into a very good PG over the next 4 yrs, which is going to be fun to witness.

Reaction Score
I
Yesterday’s game is a bad one to be making grand pronouncements about the potential of this team. It was a glorified exhibition and C of C’s lack of abilities had a very steroidal affect on USC’s performance. USC played a cupcake and they destroyed them like the cupcake they are, and that’s a good thing.

Lele is no PG, and certainly not a replacement for Ty. She’s is not the ball handler or floor general that Ty is. Lele also has yet to show that she can hit shots away from the basket like Ty could, as she still gets her offensive production under the rim. Yes, Dawn feels comfortable having her bring the ball up the court, but against better, more pressing defenses, you want the ball in Henny, Zia, or Eniya’s hands. Lele is no more a PG than Tina Roy or Cliney who Dawn also allowed to handle the ball at times.

It’s crazy to say Ty and Kiki Herbert-Harrigan won’t be missed. I have no worries that LA and Saxton will cover a great deal of what Kiki did when it comes to rebounding and blocks. It’s Kiki’s ability to stretch the floor with her uncanny jump shot that we’ll likely miss. Kiki wasn’t a volume 3 pt shooter, but she hit enough, and at a 44% clip, to know she was a weapon and you did it at your own peril if you cheated away from her to double or triple on Boston. Vic has yet to exhibit that ability while LA has shown potential, hitting 7 of 13 from deep last year.

And to keep things shorter, there will be plenty of times when not having Ty running and leading the team will show up, subtle in most cases, glaring in a few. Luckily having Destanni to move into her place is about as good a replacement you can have.

Lastly, Eniya showed me she definitely is a true PG. I see what those people who saw her play in HS were talking about when they intimated she was being slept on. She showed me enough, even against weak comp that she has the handles, the shooting touch, and the basketball smarts, to grow into a very good PG over the next 4 yrs, which is going to be fun to witness.

Reaction Score
Y’all are a great team, and are going to get even better. I just want to say, I am not here for the Ty Harris replacement talk. My team has had two of the best PGs in the league (if underrated) over the last 4 years, and I appreciate PG play. Ty was generational at her job. I both hated (Bc, again, not my team) and loved watching her play.

Reaction Score
First casualty on SC's schedule. Gamecocks to have an off day Sunday if the MTE can't or chooses not to find a replacement team.

Reaction Score
Much tougher opponent this afternoon in the Soith Dakota ‘Yotes who went 32-2 last year.. one of those losses was a hard fought 73-60 battle with the Gamecocks.

this is a tough, well disciplined team. They may not have the same level of talent but they have a winner’s mentality and will not roll over.

I don’t think we’ll see 11 players getting good minutes today. We’re gonna see mostly the core 7/8

Reaction Score
Season definitely starts today and SD a very scary team to face, especially in their own backyard. I put the Coyotes in my Boneyard Top 25 (as well as the Zags). I’ll say Dawn will go 9 deep with her roster. Next 8 days are going to be a grind for this team.

Reaction Score
Season definitely starts today and SD a very scary team to face, especially in their own backyard. I put the Coyotes in my Boneyard Top 25 (as well as the Zags). I’ll say Dawn will go 9 deep with her roster. Next 8 days are going to be a grind for this team.
Ninth player not seen yet. Nor 8th

Reaction Score
Gamecocks struggling with the yotes at the moment down 31-27

Reaction Score
More bad FT shooting by SC. Need to convert the bunnies. Can’t expect SD to continue to shoot poorly from the arc.

Reaction Score
68-48 Gamecocks at end of 3rd. leLe Grissett brought some spark off the bench!

Reaction Score
Destanni 19 pts, 9 rebs, 3 ast. Henny showing she got this PG1 spot.

Reaction Score
81-71 tough out again.

thank you ‘Yotes.

time to put away all those newspaper clippings, preseason number 1s and AA lists. Time to play basketball

Reaction Score
time to put away all those newspaper clippings, preseason number 1s and AA lists. Time to play basketball
Yep!
Hope Victaria is alright and they just kept her our for precautionary reasons.
Wonder if Lele was suspended for the 1st half.
Aliyah 2 for 2 in playing bad in first games of an MTE.

SC going to need to play MUCH better in these next 3 games if they hope to stay #1.

Reaction Score
I intend to do a monthly Gamecock thread.

Dear Huskies: Thank you for this board! I expect many of you will visit this month's thread due to no UConn games for the next couple of weeks. As the season progresses, we may pick up more Gamecock fans that are not regulars. I will try to keep them in line. I do not want the thread(s) to turn into garbage argument threads. Please keep in mind that we are NOT UConn. Nobody is. We act differently and carry a newbie chip on our shoulders. Yes, we want a banner for last year. We understand that it was not a championship. We just want to honor that team, particularly the now-departed seniors. We are not like UConn fans. We do not have decades of dominance in our history.

Dear Gamecocks: We are visitors. Respect our hosts. Remember, they don't understand us. Plus, they are extremely disappointed in not being able to watch their team at this time.

With that said, we will (probably) begin our quest at noon tomorrow on SECN against CoC.

GO GAMECOCKS!

View attachment 61660
Nice back-to-back-to-back with S. Dakota, OK, and Gonzaga, then a short breather before NC State...

Reaction Score
Nice back-to-back-to-back with S. Dakota, OK, and Gonzaga, then a short breather before NC State...
...followed 3 days later by trip to Ames to face Iowa St. :eek:
(Oklahoma was cancelled btw)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom