Gamecocks November | The Boneyard

Gamecocks November

Reaction Score
I intend to do a monthly Gamecock thread.

Dear Huskies: Thank you for this board! I expect many of you will visit this month's thread due to no UConn games for the next couple of weeks. As the season progresses, we may pick up more Gamecock fans that are not regulars. I will try to keep them in line. I do not want the thread(s) to turn into garbage argument threads. Please keep in mind that we are NOT UConn. Nobody is. We act differently and carry a newbie chip on our shoulders. Yes, we want a banner for last year. We understand that it was not a championship. We just want to honor that team, particularly the now-departed seniors. We are not like UConn fans. We do not have decades of dominance in our history.

Dear Gamecocks: We are visitors. Respect our hosts. Remember, they don't understand us. Plus, they are extremely disappointed in not being able to watch their team at this time.

With that said, we will (probably) begin our quest at noon tomorrow on SECN against CoC.

GO GAMECOCKS!

1606227603336.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Dear Huskies: Thank you for this board! I expect many of you will visit this month's thread due to no UConn games for the next couple of weeks. As the season progresses, we may pick up more Gamecock fans that are not regulars. I will try to keep them in line. I do not want the thread(s) to turn into garbage argument threads. Please keep in mind that we are NOT UConn. Nobody is. We act differently and carry a newbie chip on our shoulders. Yes, we want a banner for last year. We understand that it was not a championship. We just want to honor that team, particularly the now-departed seniors. We are not like UConn fans. We do not have decades of dominance in our history.

Dear Gamecocks: We are visitors. Respect our hosts. Remember, they don't understand us. Plus, they are extremely disappointed in not being able to watch their team at this time.

With that said, we will (probably) begin our quest at noon tomorrow on SECN against CoC.

GO GAMECOCKS!

View attachment 61660
Have a good season.....not as good as the Huskies....but still pretty good!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So will this thread be in addition to the SEC thread? Or will it supersede it since that thread is about 80% SoCar stuff anyway? :cool:

(In case it wasn't clear, I'm just teasing; enjoy the threads and let's have a great season :) )

Last edited:
Reaction Score

GO GAMECOCKS!

View attachment 61660
If possible could you include if any of the games might be televised?

Reaction Score
If possible could you include if any of the games might be televised?
For this week, SC plays College of Charleston tomorrow at noon with their game televised online by SECN+. Over the weekend, they're scheduled to play S. Dakota, Oklahoma, and Gonzaga in an MTE in Sioux Falls, SD. All games have 3:30 starts and broadcast on Flohoops.

Last edited:

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
The Harris and Herbert-Harrington replacements...Saxon 9 points and Grissett 11 points....They seem to be just as able as the Harris/Harrington duo.....lol....

Reaction Score
The Harris and Herbert-Harrington replacements...Saxon 9 points and Grissett 11 points....They seem to be just as able as the Harris/Harrington duo.....lol....

Actually BOTH Saxton and Grissett are Herbert-Harrigan replacements - Saxton actually got the start today in the spot that Kiki held last season. Henderson is actually replacing Harris this season in the starting lineup.

BUT Saxton has 15 pts, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 2 steals with 4 minutes left in the 3rd period. She's playing awesome!

Grissett is not doing too bad herself, with 11 pts and 4 boards in 9 minutes off the bench....

*DISCLAIMER* I know that Col. of Charleston is out-manned in this game, but I still like that the team is spreading the wealth, and all players are contributing. This will pay dividends later in the season....

Reaction Score
Not sure how much can be read into a game that has a 74 point margin with 6 minutes to go....but ill just say SC looks good. Eniya Russell looks solid too.
Yep, definitely have to take this game with a grain of salt, but a nice way to get out there on the court and rip the cellophane off this season. The next 8 days will really show how good this team is.

So impressed with Russell. Not the least bit scared out there playing very heady ball. Looking underrated at #43.

Reaction Score
The #1 ranked Gamecocks win their opening game of the 2020-21 season over the College of Charleston 119-38. The game was a rout that saw seven Gamecocks score in double figures, and four of them turn in double-double efforts.

Leading the way was F Victaria Saxton with 19 pts, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 2 steals in mostly 3 periods of play. Behind her was G Zia Cooke with 18 pts, 3 assists, and 3 steals.

Adding to their production was reserve G Lele Grissett with 13 pts, 10 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks, G Destanni Henderson with 13 pts, 6 rebounds, team-leading 4 assists, and 4 steals, freshman G Eniya Russell with 12 pts, 4 rebounds and 3 assists in her first action as a Gamecock, P Aliyah Boston with 11 pts, 12 rebounds, and 1 block, and reserve F Laeticia Amihere with 11 pts, 11 rebounds, and 2 blocks.

Pretty strong offensive distribution all around. The team pulled down 73 rebounds, out-rebounding the size-strapped Cougars 73-28. Reserve transfer G Destiny Littleton almost had a double-double herself in her first action as a Gamecock, with 7 pts and 8 rebounds, mostly all in the final period of the game.

The schedule gets a good bit more challenging with their next games, as the Gamecocks travel to Sioux Falls, South Dakota and play in the Women's Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic, with their first game on Saturday against South Dakota at 3:30 PM. The Gamecocks played a top-25 ranked South Dakota Coyotes last season in Columbia, and prevailed in a tight game 73-60.

After the game with the 'Yotes, they will play Oklahoma on Sunday, and Gonzaga on Monday. All three opponents are expected to be much tougher than the Cougars were today.....

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Actually BOTH Saxton and Grissett are Herbert-Harrigan replacements - Saxton actually got the start today in the spot that Kiki held last season. Henderson is actually replacing Harris this season in the starting lineup.

BUT Saxton has 15 pts, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 2 steals with 4 minutes left in the 3rd period. She's playing awesome!

Grissett is not doing too bad herself, with 11 pts and 4 boards in 9 minutes off the bench....

*DISCLAIMER* I know that Col. of Charleston is out-manned in this game, but I still like that the team is spreading the wealth, and all players are contributing. This will pay dividends later in the season....
Grissett played point guard for a long while in this game.....so....she played in the Harris role also.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I fully support that ! I support the cause and if that gets lost in the way they do it...it's a shame.....only idiots try to make it into something it's not.

Reaction Score
Grissett played point guard for a long while in this game.....so....she played in the Harris role also.

Kinda hard to claim Grissett as one of "the" Herbert-Harrigan and Harris replacements, when she didn't even start the game. Destanni started at PG. Yes, Coach Staley has stated that the day may come when Lele could play PG, but Henderson was slated as the heir apparent to Ty even last season, if not as a freshman in 2018-19....

Reaction Score
Yep, definitely have to take this game with a grain of salt, but a nice way to get out there on the court and rip the cellophane off this season. The next 8 days will really show how good this team is.

So impressed with Russell. Not the least bit scared out there playing very heady ball. Looking underrated at #43.
Not sure how much can be read into a game that has a 74 point margin with 6 minutes to go....but ill just say SC looks good. Eniya Russell looks solid too.

I just refer back to 2017-18 - when USC was the defending national champions - and they played CofC in CLA and won 69-43. CofC went 7-24 or something that year, while USC was an Elite Eight team. It's still night and day better of a performance....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
47 free throws..lol

Dawn's probably upset they didn't get 60.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

GO GAMECOCKS!

View attachment 61660

Good luck to your team and your thread.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member